what are the chances....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TigerV1, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TigerV1

TigerV1 All Pro

I have read that both Peerless Price and Peter Warrick could be on the chopping block soon. How likely is it that one of these two is wearing a Texans uniform (depending upon their release)?

:pigfly:

2. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

It all depends on salary caps. I don't think either guy will play for league minimum and they will probably cost too much.

3. TigerV1

TigerV1 All Pro

I figured as much, but I just thought it would be interesting to have two definite number 2 receivers available and to see what the Texans do.

4. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i dont think they are the type of players the texans look for IMO.

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

The one surprising thing I have seen, as a Texans fan, is that this organization has not really pursued a high-profile WR.

We went after Stacey Mack. Bust.

We went after Orlando Pace. Bust.

We've drafted talented defensive players and a good QB, WR, and RB.

I don't see us going after a WR this year.

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Yeah for the most part I really like how we have developed our own NFL stars.
    :texans:

7. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I think Price would make a better #2 than anyone we currently have on the squad, and could be had for a decent price (no pun intended).
    The market will not be great for him if he is released, but Philly may want him...

8. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Price has been inconsistant. id like to keep the wr's and hope that mathis will develop into a legit #2

9. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

Peerless Price would simply be a clone of Gaffney. He doesn't have the wheels to really be a #2, that has been demonstrated in Atlanta.

10. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Price is an excellent number 2 and a crappy #1. When he was in buffalo with Moulds he had what a 100 catches that season?

I think if we did pick him up you would see much better productivity out of our wide reciever corps. With Johnson forcing defenses to roll thiers coverages then I think Price could be the same reciever I saw in Buffalo.

:texflag:

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'm not sure I understand why people dismiss Gaffney out of hand. He had a 15.4 YPC average last year, tops on the team, with 41 catches on 68 targets. He has great hands, and while his speed isn't blazing, he gets separation and makes key 3rd down conversions. IMO, he just isn't getting targeted enough, mostly because Carr has had issues getting that far into his progressions. If you're defending the Texans, just double AJ and pressure Carr -- he'll look to AJ first, then dump off to DD as the rush reaches him. Gaffney just doesn't get enough looks. You don't need a stud WR on the other side of AJ, you just need someone who can be productive. I think Gaffney's been as productive as he's been allowed.

12. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Think salary cap guys.

We've got a great group of receiving corps as is, we just have to find the right combination. Bradford has the experience, and I'm sure he'll have the #2 role througout the year. But, I also have a feeling that this will be Bradford's last year in Houston, as a youngster will emerge this season (Mathis).

13. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Agreed. Unfortunatly this is not Madden where you can sut off your salary cap and bring in allstars at each position.

14. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

What are the chances that fans will learn the difference between fantasy football and the real thing?

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

For some...slim and none. And I think slim died.

16. TigerV1

TigerV1 All Pro

All I think I did was ask a simple question. Let me re-read what I typed.....yep I did. I am not living in a fantasy football world, it was a legit question. Doubt it will happen as you can tell by the flying pig, but it was still worth reading the actual intelligent posts above yours.

17. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

TBH I could actually see Price accepting a minimum payment from us. He'll have Carr here, who can actually get him the ball and have great teammates/facilities and work with a great staff. I know he had his own dances back in buffalo, but I never heard anything negative of his attitude.

And that would wrap up our young offense, Carr, AJ, DD, Price and possibly Murphy or Joppru.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree. :thumbup It's really tough to truly judge our receivers by their numbers only. Until DC gets consistent protection to allow him to truly make all his reads, we can only guess. Hope this is the year that happens!

19. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Maybe the Eagles will jump on Warrick and Price. :fishing:

20. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

0 to none !!!