What Andre johnson does not want

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ArlingtonTexan, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

2. _King_

_King_ Guest

Sounds like something pretty obvious.

Andre doesn't have a bunch of years left. He doesn't have time to waste on a 2-3 year project at qb.

3. revan

revan Veteran

This guy approves this article.
    [​IMG]

4. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Man I tell you what, the more I research, the more I am liking Bridgewater, for the fact I think, out of all the QBs, he could pick up the system the fastest..

He doesn't have the same arm, but he does have a Warren Moon-esq about him...

revan likes this.
  5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Just don't give us anymore recommendations on FA prospects the Texans should sign, OK AJ ?

Ryan and thunderkyss like this.
  6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That guy like Bortles ain't never seen nothing like what they'll see in the NFL. In the AAC, they were lucky to see one guy with NFL talent..... Bridgewater even less, because that guy was probably on his #1 Defense.

They've never seen 11 guys work together the way they'll see it in the NFL, never seen 11 guys move so fast, or hit so hard.

We have no clue how they'll react after one game....

That said, I'm trying to talk myself into believing he can be as good as McNabb right out of the box... but McNabb knew he had to use his legs to give him an advantage & Bridgewater... to me, looks like the kind of guy who will "refuse" to do so.... like Aaron Brooks. That's the guy I see when I look at Bridgewater. Brooks was smart & deadly with his arm (much stronger than Bridgewater) but he refused to use his legs to get him out of trouble.

When he did, he was something to watch, but he desperately wanted to be a drop back pocket passer.

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Hopefully TB's better than never making it to an AFC championship game much less a SB on a loaded team. Regardless if the Texans pick TB or not.

In short hopefully TB is more than a stats machine and can actually play his best in the biggest games. Wasn't Moon the leader of a team that blew the biggest playoff lead in NFL history? Yeah, I really hope TB has better leadership qualities than that.

8. revan

revan Veteran

Maybe McCarron will jump up into the first round then seeing how he played with and against first round talent. He is a dark horse for me.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Neither Brooks nor McNabb had the study habits Bridgewater is reported to have. That, in my mind, gives him a leg up on those two.

10. BullNation4Life

I know I was talking about his make up in general. He just reminds me of Warren Moon coming out of college...

11. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Bridgewater reminds you of an undrafted college qb that went to play in the CFL?

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

In the NFL of 2014, someone with the ability of Warren Moon would be drafted.

13. ArlingtonTexan

You do know prejudice/bigotry/racism (pick your term) towards black QBs was an actual FACT in football circles in the 1970s?

And yes I do know who James Harris and Doug Williams were.

Runner likes this.
  14. BullNation4Life

Moon had no control over the red neck good ol' boy network when he came out of college. Had Moon come out today, he would easily be the #1 pick without second thought...

pull your head out dude, it's dark and smells bad and you might suffocate...

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't even think about it. Not even on my list of pros or cons... Especially when you're telling me a guy like McNabb could lead his team to 4 NFC Championship games & a Super Bowl without it.

It's a plus, but not part of the main decision.

16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

No Moon would not have been the #1 pick. Moon was an option QB without big passing stats at Washington. Remember, Doug Williams was drafted in the 1st round of that same draft. Williams played in a dropback, pro style offense at Grambling. However, Moon did have a gun for an arm, and in today's NFL, he would be drafted strictly off measurables. But, not #1.

Double Barrel likes this.
  17. ArlingtonTexan

If I used the rep system this would be a post that I would ding positively. Moon was a victim (yes I said victim) of the times, but as a football matter would have been drafted more on "upside" than not.

18. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

We have no clue how any college QB will react when they get to the next level. Is McCarron more prepared because he played against better competition? Keep in mind, he played with arguably the most talented roster in the country for 4 years and his main job was to hand the ball off. You hold it against Bridgewater that he had a great defense behind him. Do you do the same for McCarron or Mettenberger? Did you do the same for Luck?

Also, Bridgewater did pretty well against that Florida defense that put 8 guys in the NFL. Sure, it was only one game, but saying "he ain't never seen that kind of talent" is quite a stretch.

19. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Calm down folks

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Work ethic and study habits - especially at the QB position - are a significant part of the draft/don't draft decision. After the Carr experience Texan fans should be especially sensitive to this aspect of a QB prospects makeup.
    ...but maybe I'm by myself in this thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.