What an absolute shame. This was an easy year

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Dec 8, 2009.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Miami all sitting at 6-6 after making the playoffs last year.
    Tennessee sitting at 5-7 after a 13-3 year last year.
    New England is barely hanging on to a 7-5 record.
    Texans matched up against the NFC West.

If someone had told me that the 8-8 Texans of last year would have all this going for them, I would have bet the house on playoffs.

This years playoffs would have been very easily attainable. Our division games were winnable. Total disappointment by the Texans. What a year to waste

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

It did set up rather nicely, looking at it now. This year was a good opportunity to at least stay in the running to the end, if not make it to the playoffs.

I doubt the path is easier next year.

3. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

I agree, but to be fair, 5 of the 7 losses are to teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Which tells me that we still can't beat good teams. Some things never change.

5. Runner

Maybe one of next year's goals can be to beat more playoff caliber teams. Is that too much to ask for a talented, leaderless team with a fifth year rookie head coach?

6. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

This is always every year with this team, not surprising! I hope alot of die hard fans don't keep on accepting CRAPPY FOOTBALL from Kubes & McNair! I don't remember a winning season with this team...............oh wait, they never had one & it's a foreign concept to this owner, who talks about winning often, he's like a small child who keeps on hammering the square peg on a round hole!:polevault:

7. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

No doubt. If you want to be a playoff team, you have to beat playoff teams. There's too much talent (now) to be mediocre.

I was just taking exception at the idea of 'easy.'

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Next year we play the NFC East right?

9. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Doesn't matter who we play next year, bottom line is we need to take care of business in our own division. Until we can do that, its all futile.

10. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Yep, and this time we play the Cowboys at Reliant.

11. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

What's even more upsetting is that both Tennessee and Jacksonville stumbled out of the gate.

Every thing was set up perfectly for the Texans. What a waste.

12. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

there is a problem there

say it was easy for Tenn they started off 0-6

It deff wasent easy for us

say it was easy for for the Jags THe got wipped by the "easy" NFC west Frisco wipped them seahawks wipped them St louis battled them to OT i think

and if i remember correct the Cards Beat them

and the colts wipped all of us

Playing in the AFC south is not easy either the colts wipp us all and we all wipp each other thats what usually happens

13. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Biggest reason Kubiak should be fired. If he couldn't get the players to believe and accomplish something this year, I don't see how anyone can believe he will ever be able to effectively lead this team.

14. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

these players dont need to believe in something, or have there hand held or get some emotional speech and half time. this isnt college these are Grown ass MEN !!!!!!!

they should know what it takes to win and if they cant get it done they should be fired

15. Vinny

Grown Men need leadership too you know. Kubiak has about the worst body language I've ever seen in a leader of Men.

16. Runner

Since Ws and Ls aren't the ultimate measuring stick for some, does it even matter if the Texans win this game as long and Kubes has them show some improvement somewhere?

17. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

OP get tready for the obligitory "but see even good teams are having bad years" so its exceptable response.

18. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

"Grown Men need leadership too you know"

No when there playing football in the NFL then no i disagree they dont need a leader

that was proven just yesterday Ray lewis is a great vocal learder it didnt help them to much on monday the loss to Greenbay

19. Vinny

You have a lot of growing up to do if you don't think Men need good leadership. You probably grew up with the "everyone is a winner" and no red marks on your homework, don't keep score, and make sure you study for your TAKS test environment, where they try to make you believe that we are all equal in everything we do.

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Yeh his turning his back in crucial situations is just about as bad as Capers open mouth dumbfounded look. What does that say about his internal fortitude? That is something a coach has to have an abundance of.