What about Tyrod Taylor at QB

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by brad77, Feb 12, 2017.

1. brad77

brad77 Rookie

If we could get him on the cheap to play till there are better options at QB in the draft. Threw for over 3000yds last 2 seasons with over 500+yards rushing and 20+ TDs with an avg around 8 turnovers . Word is the Bills are in cap hell and may cut him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/profile

cbs1507 likes this.
  2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

While I wouldn't hate it, I wouldn't love it either. I'm not sure Tyrod Taylor is a big enough splash to wipe the Osweiler mess off their face.

3. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Tie Rod Taylor? Is that sorta like Hacksaw Reynolds? Not such a great idea, but viable if he comes cheap for a year. Better idea: We draft 2 this year and another next year if we don't hit.

ROO likes this.
  4. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Bill O'Brien isn't good enough to use that guy properly.

Rocketzzz13 likes this.
  5. jradMIT

jradMIT Veteran

SOOOO True, he isn't good nor open minded enough to try it. Buffalo's offense averaged 24.5 ppg when he at QB. You can design an offense around him to be effective enough to win with this defense. Problem is BOB is so set in his ways that he wouldn't even entertain the offer.

6. Rocketzzz13

Rocketzzz13 Rookie

I think it would be a great idea because he is experienced, gives us a dual threat doesn't turn the ball over, is healthy, good deep ball thrower, he us used to speed( sammy Watkins, shady mccoy, the oline troubles will be masked by he mobility, im sure he can make short passes, wont need him to do much. It would be a good option imo but we all know BOB will not use him correctly and would only see 1 or 2 option plays and he'll use him on a qb draw on 3 and 11

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Really?

thunderkyss likes this.
  8. Rocketzzz13

Rocketzzz13 Rookie

What.

9. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Exactly

10. brad77

brad77 Rookie

Im not saying he is a potential long term fix to our problem. I see him as a viable option if he comes at the right price. If we are going to bring in another QB it has to be someone who is ready to play now. I want it to be someone who has a legitimate shot at starting. It sucks that we owe Assweiller another year and i dont think this years draft class has what we need. I believe Taylor can make plays with his feet and he takes care of the ball. He has the ability to extend plays because of his mobility. I don't know if BOB would use him correctly and i understand that argument but at least we know that this free agent does not come with a laundry list of health issues that someone lke Romo has. Just a thought.

11. brad77

brad77 Rookie

Im not saying he is a potential long term fix to our problem. I see him as a viable option if he comes at the right price. If we are going to bring in another QB it has to be someone who is ready to play now. I want it to be someone who has a legitimate shot at starting. It sucks that we owe Assweiller another year and i dont think this years draft class has what we need. I believe Taylor can make plays with his feet and he takes care of the ball. He has the ability to extend plays because of his mobility. I don't know if BOB would use him correctly and i understand that argument but at least we know that this free agent does not come with a laundry list of health issues that someone lke Romo has. Just a thought.

Rocketzzz13 likes this.
  12. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I'm down for this..... at the right price.

I'm going for a volume approach in finding the next guy to carry us over till we find THE guy.

Rocketzzz13 likes this.
  13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Tyrod is looking to make ~$16M this season in Buffalo; ~$17M the next few years. If he gets cut, why would he take a cheap deal to come here? I'm not seeing it. With what we're currently paying out at the QB position the draft is the most likliest of places we'll bring in another body...short of Tom Brady saying he suddenly wants to come play here. In that case you make the money happen.

TexansSeminole likes this.
  14. Rocketzzz13

Rocketzzz13 Rookie

Sometimes players have no choice unless they wanna stay home. Plus i would not even go to cleveland or another dysfunctional team like the 9ers.... Well then again thell be so desperate I'll be rich:evilb:like someone we know...

15. jradMIT

jradMIT Veteran

Sounds like a lot but that is the going rate nowadays for a starter.

16. TxnsJuggernaut

TxnsJuggernaut Veteran

Hence why I still don't think Os is primarily to blame for his struggles. Os looked good enough last season during training camp and was not so innacurate in the first two games of the season. Two games mind you when GG was primarily responsible for calling the offense.

All I can say is I am willing to give both O'b and Os another chance to see if they can do better. I don't think Os is as bad as we saw him last season and I am holding out hope O'b can do a better job calling the offense next season. With or without Os as the starter.

I am all for not writing off Os and letting him compete fairly with whoever else we have at Qb to see who deserves to start.

Os was not so bad under Gary Kubiak for a fair share of games. Yes, he was strugling in his game with the Chargers when he was pulled. A game in which he looked more like the mess we saw from him with our Texans most of the season. Still up to that point he was doing a fairly good job. Kubiak was so danged conservative and predictiable that the only things saving that team was a defense that more or less carried the team with or without Os. The same can be said for our teams defense which managed to carry an awful qb and offense to the playoffs almost exclusively.

As you seen, another season of a bad Kubiak offense and the Broncos didn't even make the playoffs. Trevor Siemien was like most quarterbacks late in Kubiaks coaching tenure. He started out better than expected than faded.

I am all for anyone feeling Os is awful because more times than not last season he was not good but still I myself am not writing him off outright. I am all about drafting a Qb for next season and letting the Qb's on our team have a fair competition.

I am not too excited about any Qb excelling under O'b if we see more of the same from him calling the shots next season as he did last season. The Qb's will all have their strengths and weaknesses but if O'b is the same next season we will all be discussing our Qb's weaknesses. I think if another Qb comes in and it's apparent that the defense is carrying the team we will know where to place the blame.

17. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Do I see him taking vet min to come here? Not a chance. Someone will give him what market value is.
    Would I swap Os for Tyrod straight up? Yup.

jradMIT likes this.
  18. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

This is going to be the longest off season ever...:wadepalm:

TexansSeminole and Max like this.
  19. jradMIT

jradMIT Veteran

Rumors are that Cleveland likes him, any FA qb brought in will have to play for an incentive laden deal and closer to 10M a year.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Blame BOB all you want and I'm not saying BOB's blameless, but with a QB as inaccurate as Os is the offense looked like BOB didn't trust Os.

I cant blame BOB for that. Os was really bad last yr and even if he improved and BOB learned to trust Os, Os still wouldn't be good enough to win a SB.