What about the Texans disappoints you the most?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by c5demon, Oct 16, 2006.

1. c5demon

c5demon Rookie

The extension of David Carr? Draft Selection? The Defense? Secondary? Playcalling? No leadership? Lack of output on the field?

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

We gutted this team but kept the scouts....Fire Bobby Grier! That's what the Pats did when the Patriots became a decent team...perhaps we need to do it as well.

3. gab24m3

gab24m3 Rookie

c5demon you hit the nail on the head!:brickwall

4. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

The lack of fight disappoints me the most. I hate watching this team crumble when they get down.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I dont know which is worse , 17 rushing plays for a net total of 43 yards or the 140 rushing yards they gave up in the 3rd quarter alone . :brickwall

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Biggest disappointment: Run game in the preseason, no run game in the regular season. By the time you figure out you have a problem, it is basically too late to fix. If they get the running game going, I will be amazed.

In the bigger scheme of things, I wish we had more experience in our defensive coordinator and our defensive backs coach positions.

I wish we had a coach that could coach the ZBS in the way that Denver does it.

You can't pick up all the personnel you need in one season. Both lines are a problem, and the defensive personnel is a mess.

7. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Most disappointing? Almost no improvement, anywhere.

8. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

The thing that disappointments me the most . . is that we never win the trench battles . . even in the few games that we win.

I'm old school to a fault, and I don't apologize for that. I'm a firm believer that if you can beat the other team on the line of scrimmage, then you win. To me, it's that simple.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

lack of 2nd half effectivness. even with anemic offense 6 points in the first half the defense was aggressive and held the cowpokes to 3. somehow we need to figure a way to call the game after the first half :yawn:

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree to a certain extent. It's kind of like we take a small step forward, then the next moment we take two huge steps backwards. It's embarrassing being a Texan fan sometimes.:embarrass

11. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Running game and I guess some coaching and playcalling so far. I can't believe we didn't throw at Watkins yesterday. Did our coaches not see him get lit up like a Marion Berry crackpipe against the Eagles? I was at the game yesterday and I don't remember our receivers running anything deeper than intermediate. Also, let em drop Kubs and do something with 35 seconds left and one timeout instead of giving it to Ron Dayne 1.0 ........................

12. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

A few weeks ago i would have said the defense. Now i shift my displeasure to the running game or lack thereof. Our D played tremendous in the first half but due to our lack of balance on O bad things started to happen and the rest is history. We are down but not out injuries are killing us as well. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

The fact that the current staff can't turn this team around in 1 offseason, 4 pre-season games, and 5 regular season games in what took the previous staff 4 years to jack up.

</sarcasm>

But, yeah - what everyone else mentioned above and the bottom line fact that we've had 4 wins out of the last 20 regular season games. That's what most disappoints me.

14. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

Why are we all disapointed?This is a "rebuilding year"

15. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

So many holes where do we start? I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the decisions, but I don't forsee this group making a run at anything until we see a massive turnover in personnel. I suppose my positive outlook on things keeps the balance in check for me. I try to see the whole picture, what mistakes have been made in the past, that continue to haunt us today. You can all lay blame whereever you choose, but I choose to have faith that our owner, and our new coach will find a way to be successful one day. I just hope I live to see it, but if not, someone email me ok? :)

16. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I like that, I will go with that.

Vinny likes this.
  17. slamdunc

slamdunc Rookie

Coaching...Kubes is the right guy long term. WhatI don't get is the inability (or "want to") to adjust schemes. Zone blocking is not working right now. I know this is the system and will be in the future. But, in watching limited Dallas action this year, it appeared that teams that lined up, hat on hat, and hammered them in the mouth did so with success. A small quick defense should not be attacked with slow developing, look for a whole running game. This is especially true when you are not good at blocking it. 3 pops from the 1 or 2 on the opening drive? Go to jumbo set and bust them in the mouth.

Kubes, from what I can see, kept doing the same thing in the RG.

18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

That pretty much sums it up & that 5 years later we STILL have OL problems.:brickwall

19. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

no half time adjustments, and giving up after we are down by 4

20. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The performance of the DLine, nothing else even comes close.
    We have 3 first round picks (including the top overall pick of '06) invested in
    the defensive line, and for boot our top (most expensive) FA pickup this past
    offseason also is a DLine guy. We are getting a very pathetic return on investement for this high-cap collection.
    As bad as the OLine is, not near the investment as their defensive counterparts so I can't be nearly as disappointed with them.