What about giving DC one more year if......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by prostock101, Mar 11, 2007.

1. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

we keep our 8th and take Landry. It's obvious no one's offering enough to trade him so why not throw him back in for a year. I could stand one more year if we draft Landry, work on improving the OL and DL and see what happens. We need to remember we had a lot of injuries last year. If we can just put Carr out of our minds, then we can concentrate on LANDRY, a wideout, possibly a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Think about our D with a healthy Williams, Ryans in the middle and Landry patrolling the secondary. Now that is getting somewhere. Now resign Dayne to tag team with Green and all Carr has to do is handoff and throw a few passes. And if Carr still doesn't get it, throw Sage in.

I know, I know.......still a genius!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

um . . . .NO!

3. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

how about we get a qb in the mid rounds and groom him and get another mid round pick for carr.

4. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Ok, here's the breakdown on Landry. He's the real deal....

Evenly proportioned athlete with prototype size for the position (6-foot-2, 205 pounds) … Four-year starter on a very talented LSU defense. Missed no games due to injury … Intelligent, experienced safety … Understands his role as the last line of defense and takes proper angles to the ball … Reliable open-field tackler and has the ability to be a punishing hitter in the middle … Good speed and quickness in man coverage … Has the size to play aggressively with tight ends and yet has the athleticism to keep tight coverage with slot receivers … Might be at his best in zone coverage due to his heady play and ability to drive on the ball … Good hands and is a natural runner with the ball in his hands … Aggressive yet disciplined in supporting against the run … Willing to take on blocks and can defeat due to his athleticism … High character player.

We need this guy worse than we need to move Carr this year. In case anyone hasn't figured it out, we are not going to the Super Bowl next year so why not build this team the right way.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't have a problem using our #8 to pick Landry, and I don't have a problem with Carr being on this team.

But there is no way in all get out he should be starting. I don't care how much money we pay him. That's irrelevant. If he's back there, and he gets sacked, we'll blame the lines fault, even if David pulls down a ball he should have thrown. Even if he runs into a defender, even if he slides & impairs the LTs ability to block(because the LT can't see David).

We need to work on our team, not our QB. Once we see what the rest of the team can do, If Sage gets hurt, or if our coaches think David needs to be in there..... that's fine. But we need to let the rest of the team grow.

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

the guy has all the tools but did it list any weaknesses in his game?

he is probably one of the better safety prospects since Troy and Taylor, of that there is no doubt. But I just don't know if he is worth the #8 pick. he is a safety for crying out loud. even polamula (sic) type safeties fall into the mid and late 1st Round. What has drafting roy williams and sean taylor done for the Cowboys and Redskins respectively? 1st Round is just too early. We need to take the best QB or DL available at #8 because that is where the real value is in this draft in the Top10. We should be able to have our choice between Quinn, Branch, or Adams at #8.....that is shaping up really well

lets pick up a safety in the 3rd Round and spend our 2nd Round on the CB or OL position...preferably the CB

i just dont see the wow factor for Landry and if you are a safety and want to be drafted #8 you better have a wow factor ala Taylor and Williams....and even then its not guaranteed to work out

thunderkyss likes this.
  7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I really don't understand continuous threads on this subject. Seriously, you just run out of things to say sometimes. I also don't understand why anyone would rationally want Carr on this team, especially as a back-up..sorry TK.

You have management trying to trade him, you have players not wanting him here and if you keep him you will have another 12 months of controversy over who starts, who had a bad game, "see the other guys isn't as good," and the same black cloud. There is no way to explain how that can be healthy for a team. None. People are masochists id they want another year of this.

As for the pick, I'm all for the safety if he is the best guy out there. I'd rather take him and take a 2nd and 3rd round QB than take Quinn that high. JMO.

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

How does Landry make Carr play better..?

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't mind, & I want are totally different things.

If McNair's man love prevents this team from cutting David, or from accepting a 4th... or a 5th in return... then hey... what can you do.

I don't want him on this team. I think a back-up should be a starter waiting to get his opportunity. David has had plenty of opportunity.

10. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I know where you stand on it and understand. Thus the disclaimer..lol. I'd take the 4th or 5th and run. It is time to concentrate elsewhere.

thunderkyss likes this.
  11. afcman

afcman Veteran

I don't know. I understand the argument but the fans are SO ready for a change. Now if he started and did great that would be fantastic. But history says otherwise. And I think.....no, I know, that Kubiak will pull him if need be. Thank you Lord.

But I'd worry that if Carr was the starter and had yet another year of the same-ole, same-ole......I think the boos would be so loud and violent that the building may fall down. :) But hey, at least we'd get some TV coverage!

12. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

I would love having Landry but it is definitely time for a change of scenery at QB.

13. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

yes another year of mediocre QB play im all for it.:drool:

14. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I understand the rationale, I just feel its a 'take Quinn that low' deal. It would be similar to the Cardinals getting Leinart later in the 1st Round last year. He was a high value pick where they were last year just like we would be if he is sitting there at #8. QB is the most important position in football and top prospects are very scarce. I just feel Quinn would be the BPA at #8 for the Texans unless CJ, AP, or Thomas fall (which aint happenin). I think he has the 4th most value in this draft even ahead of Russell. JMO of course.

at the end of the day if Quinn is there at #8 he will be a Texan for better or worse.

15. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Even though I dread the thought, I'm pretty sure that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Because I've said all I can say about DC, I figure I'll just recyle one of my old posts. Here's one about his inconsistant play and good defenses.

"Would a new QB really make a difference."

16. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Check this out Honeymoon. Just a few examples of what he is capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-zuQOtEu4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

I am bouncing back and forth between Landry and D-Line. Landry could change the tone of the Defense.

17. t_flare

t_flare Veteran

all i have to say is.. u went 7-9 two year ago and 6-10 this year with Carr.. with a upgrade in talent around him.. he can go probably 8-8 or 9-7... would you be happy with that?

18. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Yeah, let's keep him. I've always wanted to know what it feels like to support a team that never makes it to the playoffs once in franchise history.

19. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

No we won't! DC hears footsteps in his head when he's on the football field. He sees big people too, even when they're not there.

20. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

I am NO fan of Carr, but I do agree with you here. I am willing to give him just ONE MORE YEAR, maybe even a half. We really need secondary help, and Landry will provide just that. When the second round comes, you have a boatload of DL & WR you could take for good value. With all of the decent QBs gone (except for Trent Green), I actually wouldn't mind that. However, there are 3 things: 1. Make him COMPETE for the starting job 2. If he sucks at the end or even in the middle of the season bench his (well you know)! 3. If we can get Trent Green, bye bye Carr!