West Coast Offense

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tacoman_j, May 27, 2005.

1. tacoman_j

tacoman_j Veteran

Are the Texans employing the West Coast offense or some variation of it next year?

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I think you might see a variation of it considering the quick passes. What makes you ask?

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

No, we are not employing the wco. Most teams run timing routes. We will use run and shoot type read-routes and timing routes. We will be a power running team still.

4. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

West Coast is the best offense I think the Bucs used it and it was the main reason they finally made the jump from SB contenders in 01 to champs in 02. I think the Texans use it too which will soon = SB Champs for us as well.

5. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

and where are the bucs now? i can't really say it was their offense that won them their superbowl considering they had one of the best defenses in the league that year. maybe we could start a new offensive scheme called the southcoast offense. this offense includes protecting the QB and getting AJ more involved. this offense might even try to play less conservatively in the second half and play to win instead of playing not to lose.

6. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I said main reason they went from contenders to champions meaing with Monte Kiffens D already whoopin but the thing that elevated them to champs was Gruden with his offense that complemented Kiffen's D

7. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

well i must admit that i am biased against the west coast offense. ive never liked it and never will. alot of teams run the west coast offense and don't make the playoffs. i just don't think us running a west coast offense will make us any better. our offense is fine, we need a better defense to get to the playoffs.

8. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

Gruden took a team Tony Dugen created and took it to the Superbowl! :embarrass