Were we blessed!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Its kind of funny, because we started out seeking the WR who went to the Titans. He was using us, but he was really interested in the money. Everyone was worried and unhappy that we lost the guy.

The next guy to appear on the radar screen was Burlleson who was young and wanted the money. Appeared to be in the middle of a fight between the Vikings and the Seahawks. He eventually got a lot of money from the Seahawks.

Then along came Moulds and Casserly and company jumped at the opportunity. They should have and they did. He is intelligent, has a very fine reputation as a reciever, has a good work ethic, has been to 4 pro bowls, has worked out a lot with JR, and brings a solid vetern leadership to the WR coor. Now who do you think got the best deal by far? Yea, you got it, the TEXANS.

I may be wrong, but I think the good Lord and patience gave us the best of the lot. He's no TO, but we didn't want a TO. From our perspective he might be better than TO. I am really impressed with the gentleman and how he presents himself. I mentioned in the long post may be we needed to show him a little love. It looks like we did and he recognized it. Too bad for Philly in that regard. He thought we ment what we said. I think he means what he said to. That is just sit back folks and wait for the ride to begin. I think we have picked up some real hungry intelligent guys who are going to put the past way behind us. GOOO TEXXXXAAAANSSSSSS.

2. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

Well if he is, he's not on any bandwagon.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Well, the Saints need all the help they can get...They do need a new LB...

4. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

With Moulds you have ask two questions.

1. Does he fit the system Kubiak is starting?

2. Can he provide the production required of a #2 WR and take the coverage emphasis off off Andre Johnson?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy. Yes, Moulds had a great career at Buffalo, but no one else really seemed interested in him until he got cut. There were reports Philadelphia was interested but you really can't rely on those type of reports to guage the market. If you recall, there were similar reports of Washington being interested in Buchanon before we traded for him, and they were really just hyped up.

Moulds may have his best years behind and may not provide the production we hope for.

We shall see early in the season because I think if things don't get cookin' quick, that long road game stretch could spell big trouble and us looking at another high draft pick.

5. Ghetto D

Ghetto D Rookie

Would that also make "the good lord" anti-Bills? Why wouldn't he prefer the Cowboys who built a stadium custom tailored for his/her/its viewing pleasure? Is he pulling a "Job" (the person not the noun) on us with that 2-14 season?

Man, this brings up so many more interesting questions beyond this EMo thing.

6. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

You cant pray in a greedy manner. God takes no sides.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I don't see how this can be a serious question. Moulds has just finished 10 years in the league as a #1 WR with multiple pro-bowl performances and consistantly drawing double teams and enabling their #2 to excel. Last year he had 81 receptions (good for 15th in the league) despite consistant double teams and playing for the 29th passing offense with a QB controversy. In 2004 (the last year for a declining Drew Bledsoe) he had 88 receptions (good for 10th in the league. The answer is a resounding yes that he can be a #2 here in Houston. The fact that fans aren't privy to all the phone calls and interest level discussions of league members is a pretty thin reason to think otherwise.

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Does "the good lord" cause fumbles or only help in recovering fumbles?

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

no, that's just David Carr's butterfingers. BTW, I don't know when I turned into a Carr-basher. I guess I'm waiting for a QB named John Byke.

10. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

James 4:3 -- "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss ..."

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I like that, good post.

And alot of people need to unclench a little bit.

12. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I guess my point is for a change may be we did got the best deal. I personally feel that is the case without a doubt. We certainly have had our fair share of misery. I guess you would say we are do some favors, but perhaps we earned them.

I think this one trade is going to pay very large dividends. I can't wait for TC and the minicamps. What I hope to hear is that our receivers and Carr are clicking on all cylinders.

All of the people we have picked up seem to have a very good work ethic. That seems to fit the Kubiak mold. It will be interesting to see if Kubiak himself gets out there and begins to throw a few balls. He wasn't bad in his day. He certainly can demonstrate want he wants.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I'm a little confused, is the title supposed to be "Were we Blessed?" or "We were Blessed!"? Because the current title is a little confusing.

14. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

A.) Please site source for this "work ethic" thing. B.) Please site source for Kubiak's dedication to work ethic. I don't see anything here that any other NFL coach doesn't have. C.) Kubiak was a good second string QB, but he was a backup.

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I sure hope God is NOT a Texans fan, because we just had a 2-14 season. :cool:

16. jdog

jdog All Pro

I believe Moulds was a great #1 about three seasons back. Then Evans was faster and Bledsoe was sucking it up. Moulds had an injury. Moulds came back from injury, and Losman sucked it up. I'm thinking for a #2 he will rock no doubt.

17. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Sometimes you need to suffer. It's God's will. But I think the 2-14 season last year was just a sense of God's humor. You know he has a sense of humor anyway, I mean c'mon...the platypus.

18. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Yea I mean look what he did to you :yahoo:

19. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

To JOHN ELWAY!!! Fool

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

another good post by infantrycak........ Moulds will more than likely have us wondering who is really our #1 at the end of the season. I love AJ, don't get me wrong, but we've got two legit #1s starting for us....... where some teams like the Cowboys had two #2s, and Philly doesn't have a #1 at all.

I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money he wanted........ I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money we wanted to. I don't care who Kubiak is/was, but that is a lot of money to pay a guy like Givens when we have a guy with near identicle numbers that we didn't think twice about letting go.

Then we got Moulds for less money to boot......

This deal to get EM may be the best deal we've got to date......... but it's kinda hard to say really. We did pick up DD for a #4 pick, that's got to be up there somewhere. And all the other FA that we've signed through the last 4 years, some didn't pan out........ but that may very well have been due to the Coaching staff..... I honestly don't know why they did some of the things they did with the people we had.......