Were people actually upset the the Texans lost?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I have been away all weekend and haven't been on here however I heard a couple of people on the radio bichin about how the Texans lost the game or didn't go for OT.

OK, first off if I were a Cardinals fan I would not be happy about winning that game because when the starters were out there the Texans were whippin their tails. So that being said as a Texans fan I am pretty excited about what I saw. Mario blowing up that tackle and taking down Leinhart, Schaub's long TD pass to AJ, etc. The defense was playing nasty, etc.

I honestly could care less what happened in the last half of the 4th QTR when a bunch of scrubs are out there who probably won't even be on the team.

All the 4th QTR told me is the Texans are in trouble if the NFL goes on strike next season and our scabs have to play the Cardinals scabs. Other than that I feel real good about the Cards game with exception to Tate ending his season and Slaton demonstrating that he still can't hold on to the ball.

ChampionTexan likes this.
  2. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Preseason = me not caring.

reg season = KILL! KILL! KILL!

ChampionTexan likes this.
  3. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

This is the first time under Kubiak that we've looked like an NFL team in the preseason. Other than Slaton, was there anything that didn't look like an NFL team in week 3 or 4? A few issues, sure... but for the most part this team looked ready to start the season tomorrow. If you're upset about this game... I dunno, when it mattered we looked great. So other teams might pick apart AZ's cuts... and leave ours alone... the difference? There actually IS a difference between our first and third teams... it doesn't look like there is much of one in AZ.

Mike

4. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Yes, there were people upset that the Texans lost. Just listen to the morons calling in to the talk shows. It's sickening. They are the very same people who are absolutely clueless about the game, and probably mentally challenged in all other aspects of their lives.

Most football fans are just downright stupid.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Newsflash to the fans: Our starters beat Arizona 16-0.

Our third teamers lost to Arizona 19-0.

Which one really matters more?

6. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Some guy who will be parking cars next week sucks at pass coverage...oh well.

7. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The only thing fans should still be talking about is how our starting D-line collapsed the pocket in a way this team never has in its history.

8. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Put it this way...would you rather have had this outcome Saturday...

Texans 1s dominate Cards 1s (offense and defense)
    Texans 2s dominate Cards 2s (offense and defense)
    Cards future grocery baggers dominate Texans future used car salesmen.

or...

Texans offensive 1s get sacked, shutdown, and shut up. Defense gets torched by a Fitz bomb and torn up on the ground
    Texans 2s get more of the same
    Texans led by Booty get 3 scores in the last half quarter to squeak out a win.

I'll take option 1 please.

In the regular season this would have been a 4+ TD ball stomping by our boys. No doubt.

9. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

No problemo here!! I liked what I saw, from the one's that count!!

10. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

I'm upset that we lost...Tate for the season.

:(

11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

I'll say what I say every year....preseason is crap. It is reps against other teams to get the kinks out. 1-15 Cowboys went 4-0. Super Bowl Cowboys went 0-4 and 1-3. Key is 1st team gets in rhythm and no injuries.

WWJD likes this.
  12. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

It was actually 10-0 but that was only in ONE quarter of play!! Thats whats impressive.

I dont know whats more impressive; the fact that Mario is on pace for 128 sacks or that our offensive starters are on pace to score 40 points a game!

Hahaha!

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

That's the first thing I thought. Kubiak seems more in control of things and things seemed to look more organized.

14. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

If it makes anyone feel better, no one in the AFC south won there first pre season game.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

I was more pleased by their play through the third quarter than anything. But it was a little disappointing to see the Texans blow a 16 point lead late in the game. I know this game did not mean anything, but I would always rather see the Texans win than lose.

16. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Our ones and twos were better and played very well, doesn't matter what the camp fodder did at the end of the game.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

But don't you realize that the players on the field for the Texans in the fourth quarter who gave up the lead and then the game are just a collection of reserves/"bench-warmers" who will end up either being cut or on the practice squad by the start of the regular season ?

18. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

In a way , you've arrived as a team when you can blow off preseason games . That win or lose it doesn't matter because your stars didn't play much . Bad teams live or die with the preseason .

Jackie Chiles likes this.
  19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Personally, I thought we put an absolute ass whoopin on them. Hell, our 2's on D stopped their offense with ease.

The only thing I was kind miffed about was our redzone O. If I ever see a stupid ass reverse again it'll be too soon. Man, I can't stand them! Then a false start after that play? WTF?

Then Slaton? Good grief, dude? You were barely hit and you fumble the ball? You could've got in if you didn't attempt to go over the pile

20. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

The only people I've heard complain have been casual (and I use that term loosely) fans that really don't know that much about football. My MIL for example. She called my wife after the game and said "It looks like you wasted your money on tickets again, more of the same. They blew it in the fourth quarter like always!". And she was serious as could be. I'm surprised my wife didn't hang up on her, LOL!