Well call me a homer but..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jmerog, Jun 26, 2006.

1. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

I am extremely happy anout the things I am hearing out of David Carr. He just finished with an interview on 610am and said some good things.

-He said Kubiak is giving him alot of QB tips and tricks to recognise coverages and quickly make descisions.
    -He is being expected to learn volumes and is being held accountable by Kubiak.
    _Andre is running better, faster, more aggressive routes with deternination and attitude.
    -Everone has a chip -he said 'they are pissed'
    -said our new rookie tackle stood up to Mario. he said it was a stand-off on the line.

the interview is on going.

someone who can write please post more

2. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

As you wish,

You are a homer! :homer:

Glad I could oblige you.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Thanks for sharing Jmerog. Good to hear that guys are p.o.'d about last year. People are motivated by different things, but if you cannot be motivated by what failure tastes, looks, feels, smells and sounds like then you do not belong in anything that rewards success.

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The players do seem to have a far more aggressive, winning attitude this off-season

I was talking to a player a couple of weeks ago and I told him what I wanted for Christmas this year was our first win over the Colts on December 24th. He replied, "What's wrong with September 17th?" And there I was, thinking about home field advantage. I liked hearing that response!

Our conversation turned to how Kubiak has motivated the team and has them believing in themselves, not just through speeches but also by providing a coaching staff that is making the players better at their jobs.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Good stuff to hear. Beyond 2-14, they should be pissed at 19-45 and the fact that this franchise has never had a winning record.

I'm actually looking forward to pre-season this year. Beyond such a freakin' long off-season getting over, I really want to see the fire and attitude more than anything else. If people are fighting for their jobs, there should be plenty of aggression out there. Which is something we really haven't seen in quite awhile on our Texans teams lately.

6. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

:um:

What's supposed to happen to Beck and the Butthole Surfers then?

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't think the team had anything to be ashamed of the 1st 3 seasons. Well, maybe the Cleveland game in '04. Last season's performance would have been embarrassing for an 1st year expansion team.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

They were motivated to make a song and consequently profited off of their failure unbeknownst to their market.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Perhaps, man. But we are the first modern franchise to not have at least one winning season (much less playoff appearance) in our first four years of existence. There is definitely not much to be proud of in our short history.

And I never said "ashamed". My choice of words was "pissed". :muscles:

10. I was never more P O'd than going into the start of preseason last year. I knew this team was going to be in complete shambles. Aside from all the homer writings of late from the Cron and this website, I do see a different pattern in putting a good product on the field. We still don't have the talent level to make the playoffs and I give a little cushion to a new coaching staff, new players and new schemes for us to finish in the 5-11, 6-10 range, but to me I still am totally excited on what we should see out of this team, especially the offense.

11. ClintonPortis26

ClintonPortis26 Rookie

David Carr is going to be a beast, I don't know whats up with Texans fans. Everybody in America thinks David Carr can be a franchise QB except Texans fans.

12. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

There are many reasons - some logical, some not so logical. It'll be interesting to watch him play this year, to say the least.

Familiarity breeds contempt - Mark Twain

13. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have anymore info about who stood up to Mario, was it Spencer? What else was said about this, I would like to hear more of the story.

14. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

Was it Spencer or Winston?

Thanks for posting the summary dude.

15. real

real Guest

I believe it was spencer...this topic was mentioned in another thread

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

That's kind of a good news, bad news thing. Good Spencer could stand up and bad that Mario didn't blow by. If it's just a time or two that's one thing, but if he constantly holds him out, that is a whole nother thing.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Until the hitting is live, blocking anyone should be taken with a grain.....football is a physical sport, take out the physical part and you don't have much. We really won't know much till the end of next month.

18. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Though I believe Carr is a decent enough QB, I could care less what somebody says. Words don't put one point on the scoreboard or complete one pass or gain one first down. The time for talking stopped a long, long time ago. I'm not impressed by words spoken to geeky, laptop-laden reporters.

19. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

There is a segment of posters here who continually berate Carr..:dangit:

Many of the Texan fans here, including this poster, believe that Carr will be an exceptional qb when given the opportunity . :thumbup
    That just has not happened up to this point.

The crow population will be an endangered species when this season plays itself out.:D

Makes for interesting banter while we await the season.

:coffee:

20. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Easy to say wait and see when its not your team your waiting on.....Man, that Jason Campbell is the next Dan Marino....you ought to play that guy every down no matter what!