Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Welker's not aj green" -wade

As a 16 year friend of a dolphin fan, I've seen my share of AFC East games in the the past decade+ for sure. I'm not going to get caught up in the welker isn't elite, welker isn't so-in-so... I'll simply state this as all but certain, irrefutable FACT.

THE PATRIOTS OFFENSE GOES THROUGH WELKER!!!

I offer you this.. the Patriots sorta stumbled out of the blocks this season, while Belichick played some sort of game with Welker not getting touches/play due to some resentment to Welker being franchised. Once Welker started getting his play time again after a couple of weeks, the Patriots started winning again. Titans were a mess in week 1, so discredit that game.

If you want a chance of throwing the Patriots off, Welker is the Key!!! Now... THAT is easier said than done, but if I'm Wade, my scheme is less about Brady and more about Welker.

So Pats fans think Welker is in fact AJ Green?

No and the NE coaching staff likely thinks Schuab is no elite QB, but they wouldnt be stupid enough to put that in print.

Thats why youve heard nothing from NE all week and why Wade is an assclown.

I'm not so much worried about Welker and the outside game of the Pats, it's going to be dealing with Hernandez and having Gronk back in the middle of the the defense.

Therein lies the problem.

Gronk will open up things up for Welker.

If you want a chance of throwing the Patriots off, Welker is the Key!!! Now... THAT is easier said than done, but if I'm Wade, my scheme is less about Brady and more about Welker.

That should be easy for Wade being a defensive mastermind and all.

Don't think Phillips was denigrating Welker.

Comparing him to traditional WR's is missing the point

Welker almost doesn't play the traditional WR role. He IS, the player who defined the modern slot receiver. If he plays 5 more years, he would project to be #2 in NFL career receptions and top 15 in yards.

When you look at Welker his TPC is ~ 2 less than an elite traditional WR like A Johnson or other HOF type WR.

If Welker maintains his performance level for another few years he should get in the HOF.

Welker BTW is a big reason why it is very hard to blitz Brady. He does a great job reading the D pre snap and get to the right spot.

BTW the 3 cone drill time is probably more valuable to a slot receiver than the 40 time.... ;)

Welker's numbers at the beginning of the year were very pedestrian when all the TEs and WRs were healthy. The injuries "put him back into the game." Now everyone's healthy, and he may once again "disappear." This game, I believe that Welker (and less the other receivers) need to be bumped at the line to disrupt the timing for Brady's quick release short passes. We should not be pass rushing more than 5. We need to keep TWO over-the-top safeties besides Quinn up closer in the nickel.

Welker's numbers at the beginning of the year were very pedestrian when all the TEs and WRs were healthy. The injuries "put him back into the game." Now everyone's healthy, and he may once again "disappear." This game, I believe that Welker (and less the other receivers) need to be bumped at the line to disrupt the timing for Brady's quick release short passes. We should not be pass rushing more than 5. We need to keep TWO over-the-top safeties besides Quinn up closer in the nickel.

I will be happy if we even have one safety back and not both of them biting on the play fame. :spit: :overreact:

Pats fans need to figure out if their players believe in bulletin board material or not.
Y'all have some yahoo in here saying crap like "tuning out outside influences is institutionalized in Foxboro" in one sentence, and then the very next sentence saying Arian Foster's tweets are bulletin board material for the Pats. He said both of these in the same post, mind you.

Then you clowns are here trying to drum up some drama over what is a very benign statement by Wade Phillips.
Completely un-controversial statement that Pats fans are now trying to whip into some frenzy that will propel their team to victory or some such nonsense.

Listen, chowderheads, you are fans. Your imagined and/or manufactured indignation over a silly statement is not going to be the spark that ignites a revolution. Quit trying to mojo your team to victory. There is no controversy, so stop making asses out of yourselves by trying to create one.

Oh, and Sam Adams beer sucks. That's a true, yet sad statement. I am a beer lover, and I really want to like Sam Adams beer, but I've tried virtually every one of them, and they all suck.

St Arnold's is way better.

Back