Welcome to Houston Charles Omenihu DE from Texas

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texansballer74, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Have to wonder if it isn't a dual purpose pick. Combine this with trade rumors. If Clowney wants to stay here vs being shipped to Cleveland (I know they're supposed to be better, but we hear that every year) maybe he shaves his requirement a bit.

vupac1 likes this.
  2. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

He needs to improve his anchor and eyes. If he's on the field early it will be in nickle and dime packages.

3. throwANDREtheBALL

throwANDREtheBALL Veteran

He's a steal

We actually drafted a player in 2019 that was supposed to have been draft higher........and not way lower.....Finally

I had him on top of my list of 3-4 DE's that would be available by the time we got around to addressing that position

A great looking prospect, for a position of need, job well done

WELCOME TO HOUSTON CHARLES

4. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Agreed

5. Wolf12339

Wolf12339 Veteran

They drafted him to rush the passer from the inside on sub packages.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

He said he wore No. 7 in HS because of Jadeveon Clowney and No. 90 in college because of him. 'It's crazy I get to work with him now.'

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mark Berman‏@MarkBermanFox26 4h4 hours ago
    Jadeveon Clowney(@clownejd)on #Texans 5th-round pick Charles Omenihu(@charless_94),DE from Texas,who says he looked up to&wants to b like Jadeveon-wore his jersey# n high school&college:"That's big.I'm glad I can be a role model.Hopefully when he gets there I'll still be there.."

[​IMG]

**************************************************************************************************************************

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) April 27, 2019
    Thank you to @HoustonTexans for giving me this opportunity of a life time I will promise you this I will make you guys proud and the city of Houston head down ready to work.

7. frethack

frethack Veteran

Very happy with this pick in the 5th.

I'm a UT homer (spent 8 gruelling years of my life there), so my judgement is clouded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HuttoKarl and Texansballer74 like this.
  8. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

If he learns how to use those long arms he will be dangerous.

9. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Agreed. Hopefully as he adds strength and Weaver coaches him up he can develop into a more full time player at 5 tech. But year 1 he's a situational interior rusher.

10. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Man, I watched the emotional response vid and if Texans need someone that will give everything he's got, they found him.

11. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I did not know !
    I'm a huge Texans & NFL fan but don't watch much college ball or even follow closely some area teams like UT or the Aggies so I'd not even herd of this guy. Fact is the only draftees I knew anything about were the two tackles we took but Iv'e checked out this guy some and he seems like a clear third round value so good job Mr Gaine.

12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I did not know !
    I'm a huge Texans & NFL fan but don't watch much college ball or even follow closely some area teams like UT or the Aggies so I'd not even heard of this guy. Fact is the only draftees I knew anything about were the two tackles we took but Iv'e checked out this guy some and he seems like a clear third round value so good job Mr Gaine.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I liked John Harris reaction when the pick came in, “ forgot he was still on the board, wow, this is a great pick” or something to that effect.

Always loved his player evaluations him and a Lance back in the day on 1560 lol now look both have moved up the boards themselves :clap:

14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

We we're all concentrating on DBs and RBs, and the other positions got lost. Similar to the 3rd round pick, where no one was thinking TE. A lot like the Reid pick, last year. "Justin Reid is still on the board? WTF?"

CWTexansFan and TheRealJoker like this.
  15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I remember Harris having a nuclear meltdown when the Texans drafted Brown. We all have our opinions and even the ones getting paid to make these decisions get it wrong, often. Of course, Harris works for the machine now so I doubt he ever has a negative take ever again.

steelbtexan likes this.
  16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

He wasn't real happy when the Texans passed on Reggie Bush, either.

HuttoKarl likes this.
  17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

We’ve all evolved a bit I would say, I was firmly in the draft Vince Young camp :vincepalm:

HuttoKarl likes this.
  18. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

The fact that he fell so much is kind of a red flag to me. Sounds like he's a good athlete but sucks at dealing with change of direction

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Kinda like Nix. Or that other dude we got from UT, thought he was a steal. Didn't do nothing.

20. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I’m really excited to see Omenihu along with the UDFA NTs Albert Huggins and Javier Edwards going into training camp/preseason. You just know they are going to be put in the best position to succeed with Weaver coaching them up and learning from guys like JJ, Reader and (hopefully) Clowney.

CWTexansFan likes this.