Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Weird Feeling

awtysst

Draft Guru
So I have this weird feeling going through me right now. Please help me to understand it. Its basically been there all season.

When we lost in week 1 against the Jets, I was disappointed for about 10 minutes and then was not bothered by it for the rest of the week. Last week after the win, I was happy for about 10 minutes but then did not think about it the rest of the day. Now, soon after the Jags game, I was initially disappointed, but now I don't feel that way. It is a weird feeling for me, but I am not dwelling on wins or losses as much as I used to. I did not celebrate the win last week or mourn the losses in weeks 1 or 3.

So, does this mean I have become a detached fan? I wonder why I suddenly feel this way? Its strange, if you ask me right now I would tell you I don't feel the least bit upset over today's loss. I wonder if this means I am losing interest in the team?

Any thoughts?

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
I'm the same way. Was a little pissed off, but I'm over it. Just another BS season to me and my care level has dropped a bunch. It's like "hurray" if we win, but "whatever" if we lose.

jaayteetx

All Pro
Week one I was pretty pissed for a couple days, this week, I'm just about over it. This team is too streaky, bottom line.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Perhaps you're becoming more objective. This team isn't as good as it looked in the Titans game. Its not as bad as it looked in the Jets game and we're somewhere in the middle. We are relying on a few young pieces to make veteran plays on defense and we are mistake prone. This team is an 8 to 9 win team. Man we need a DT and a S in the worst way.

Mike

I feel the exact same way. I just don't let Texans wins or losses really affect me like they used to. It's a good thing too because this loss would've really hurt a few years ago. Now it's just, eh.

worldlyman

Waterboy
Me too.

When I was a kid, when the Dan Fouts-era Chargers were my team, I'd do cartwheels and jump and scream with joy after Charlie Joiner or Wes Chandler would catch a TD pass.

I thought about that during the Titans game last week, and after every Matt Schaub TD toss, I'd merely raise a fist quietly.

It was a great feeling for our boys to win that game but I didn't get too high.

And just the same, I'm not too depressed about today's loss. The Texans played well enough to win despite the awful defense. And the upcoming Raiders game is still winnable to get to 2-2. Schaub did his job, 300 yards and 3 TDs. If the D could have forced a couple more down and outs in the first half, there wouldn't have been as much pressure on Matty (who did well the last drive). It's still a team game.

I must say, the Jets game really, really was an exquisite feeling in the wrong way.

awtysst

Draft Guru
You know, now that I think about it, I have not "gotten up" for the games this year either. In the past, I made a big thing about getting ready, heading to a sports bar, and doing it up big. This year I have been pretty much working until kickoff in my apartment and then streaming the game. Weird.

Any thoughts?

OzzO

.. and then?
Welcome to the "comfortably 500 ball numb" club (which could be the same name for the club level in reliant). Please enjoy your stay.

I think I hit this stage about 2 years ago.

mussop

Hall of Fame
The truth is youre just like the rest of us. Deep down you know we can loose any game even aginst the worst team. Were just not a consistently good team.

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
And I really so no emotion at all during games. I just sit there and watch. Today I ate some Ramen Noodles while watching them lose (Chicken flavor FTW!).

awtysst

Draft Guru
And I really so no emotion at all during games. I just sit there and watch. Today I ate some Ramen Noodles while watching them lose (Chicken flavor FTW!).
Dude, have you tried the lower salt chicken ramen? Its just as good and lower salt content. Not a concern for a younger guy like you, but as you get older, we start worrying about salt intake!

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
acceptance has kicked in....

We should all be happy to have NFL in Houston--

This is how the league views our frustration for last years hurricane-affected start, injuries, poor coaching and being on the short-end of bad calls.......

Wolf

100% Texan
my thinking is that the Texans have trained me not to get my hope up. The inconsistency with this team has taken a mental toll on me on game days .. Last week I was happy we won, but had the feeling we would follow it up with lethargic play the week after. I just don't trust this team.

last week coworkers were talking to me about the Texans and all I could tell them is we won, it was a hard fought game, but I need to see consistency to really get up for it and be excited..

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
Dude, have you tried the lower salt chicken ramen? Its just as good and lower salt content. Not a concern for a younger guy like you, but as you get older, we start worrying about salt intake!
Haha, haven't tried those. I'm stacked on Ramen Noodles though. All Chicken Flavor. ;)

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Week 1.......was pissed until about wednesday night/thursday morning. Pissed enough that I was still calling and emailing friends all week back in Houston bitching.

Week 2......Bowed up all friggin week! Wore my Texans gear with pride almost every day and couldn't wait to see todays game.

Week 3/Today.....Don't really care now...over it. I got a bad feeling right when Schaub threw the pick in the 1st quarter. But, I have not been drinking at all in an effort to lose weight recently. Last night I went to a get together and had a good 12-18 beers. I wouldn't say I'm hungover, just feeling lazy today after that. So, don't know if it's b/c of that, or because, well, it's the same old ****?

Either way, for me, it's this team or nothing, I'll never leave em! But, if they keep sharting their pants when ANY expectations whatsoever are put on them, like GOD forbid winning a game at home, against a crap team, in your division to go 2 in a row, I may just cheer harder for the kids at UH right now. I watched that game last night while we Q'ed up some Dove stuffed jalapenos, them COOGS seemed to handle the pressure. Maybe Kevin Sumlin and the COOGS could practice against the Texans and rub some of their grit, toughness and heart on them.

I'm not ready to totally flush this year down the toilet until I see how we do next week against OAK. They poop their pants on that one.....probably game over for this year and a few coaches.

:bat:

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
It's not a weird feeling. I got that way from the Oilers/Bills 35-3 game. It's called apathy.

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
Look at the bright side, next week we have a 50/50 chance of being a .500 team! :gun: :tiphat:

Gotta laugh, makes the hurt a little more bearable...:scarygirl:

gtexan02

Working?
I have been a loyal, dedicated fan of the Texans since their inception. However, Ive lived in Virginia for the last 4 years, and watching the games is very expensive and very difficult. This year I started watching the Ravens, and even win the Texans win or lose, I find I don't care as much. Baltimore is my 2nd team, but if the Texans keep on like this, I may put them on equal footing. I have a nice TV now and its omre fun to watch a game at home then spend $30-$40 at the bar trying to get glimpses of the Texans embarassing themselves.

Detached fan? Yup for sure

awtysst

Draft Guru
I have been a loyal, dedicated fan of the Texans since their inception. However, Ive lived in Virginia for the last 4 years, and watching the games is very expensive and very difficult. This year I started watching the Ravens, and even win the Texans win or lose, I find I don't care as much. Baltimore is my 2nd team, but if the Texans keep on like this, I may put them on equal footing. I have a nice TV now and its omre fun to watch a game at home then spend $30-$40 at the bar trying to get glimpses of the Texans embarassing themselves.

Yeah, I havent been to the Sports bar this year. Part of that is I don't have the cash to pluck down for food and drink and gas and part of it is settling in apathy.

Shame on you Texans. You are alienating the lone Denver Texans fan!!!

euro-Texan

Rookie

Sorry to see you go Raven fan.

euro-Texan

Rookie
I think everyone should just wait until the team starts playing real well, and then come aboard. I'm not going to pretend I'm not pissed, I am, but I'm not going to cancel my Direct TV over it or stop rooting or my team.

awtysst

Draft Guru
I think I just realized something. I think I now know why I feel like this. I no longer derive all the happiness on my weekend based on how the Texans play.

When I was younger my weekend was basically planned around the Texans and if they played poorly my weekend was ruined. My Saturday was a day of nerves and all expectations for an enjoyable weekend was hinged on the Texans performance.

Now, I no longer derive ALL of my weekend happiness from a football team. I have surrounded myself with good people and my happiness is connected to doing fun things with the people in my life. Now, if the Texans play well: great! If the Texans don't play well: oh well, there is always next week. If Kubes does not do well enough: then there will be another coach. The Universe has a way of balancing itself out and unfolding as it should.

Somehow, that seems like a healthier existence than tying happiness into a football team.

euro-Texan

Rookie
I think I just realized something. I think I now know why I feel like this. I no longer derive all the happiness on my weekend based on how the Texans play.

When I was younger my weekend was basically planned around the Texans and if they played poorly my weekend was ruined. My Saturday was a day of nerves and all expectations for an enjoyable weekend was hinged on the Texans performance.

Now, I no longer derive ALL of my weekend happiness from a football team. I have surrounded myself with good people and my happiness is connected to doing fun things with the people in my life. Now, if the Texans play well: great! If the Texans don't play well: oh well, there is always next week. If Kubes does not do well enough: then there will be another coach. The Universe has a way of balancing itself out and unfolding as it should.

Somehow, that seems like a healthier existence than tying happiness into a football team.
Good for you. Please tell me how I can get there. I have no apathy right now. I'm pissed. Not as bad as week one, but that is not because I no longer care, but because even in a loss, we played tough today. We didn't play well enough and there are a million posts to lay the blame, but I saw some real nice things today with this team and I STILL have hope. We will come around!

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Naaa its all good thats what 7-9 8-8 8-8 season does 2 ya how was last year

LOSS
BYE
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
WIN
WIN
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN
LOSS
WIN

hopefully in NOV/dec we play like we did last year but better i could care less has long has we win/loss in sep oct has long has we win like 6 straight in nov dec :P:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

It's called maturing. As you get older, you learn to enjoy the good moments and not let the bad ones make you crazy.
...football isn't life, it's just another entertainment medium.

awtysst

Draft Guru
It's called maturing. As you get older, you learn to enjoy the good moments and not let the bad ones make you crazy.
...football isn't life, it's just another entertainment medium.
SWEET I am maturing! FU Mrs. Anderson, my 2nd grade teacher that said I would never mature and be a productive member of society. KISS MY MATURE ***

Wolf

100% Texan
I honestly feel if i was at the game, about half way through the game, while the defense was on the field , I probably would have watched the cheerleader .. in my eyes they have better stopping power :bender:

Fred

Veteran
I think everyone should just wait until the team starts playing real well, and then come aboard...
Well, some of us only have 50 to 70 years of life expectancy left so we probably won't live long enough to see the Texans start playing real well.

Good for you. Please tell me how I can get there. I have no apathy right now.
Apparently the best way to get a big ole pile of apathy is to be a player or coach for the Texans because they certainly seem to care less than the fans. And it looks like most of fans don't care much anymore including me. My reaction today is "Hmm, just what I expected." If they had won I guess it would be "Meh, I bet they blow it next week."

euro-Texan

Rookie
Well, some of us only have 50 to 70 years of life expectancy left so we probably won't live long enough to see the Texans start playing real well.

Apparently the best way to get a big ole pile of apathy is to be a player or coach for the Texans because they certainly seem to care less than the fans. And it looks like most of fans don't care much anymore including me. My reaction today is "Hmm, just what I expected." If they had won I guess it would be "Meh, I bet they blow it next week."
really? really? people who could care less about a team rarely spend the time to log onto fan forums.

dickieb

Waterboy
Yeah, I havent been to the Sports bar this year. Part of that is I don't have the cash to pluck down for food and drink and gas and part of it is settling in apathy.

Shame on you Texans. You are alienating the lone Denver Texans fan!!!
Hey you won't be alone for long I am getting stationed up in Denver next year. I am planning on going to the game when the Texans are in town next year.

Fred

Veteran
really? really? people who could care less about a team rarely spend the time to log onto fan forums.
Hey, I didn't say we weren't pathetic losers, just that we don't care much anymore. Hmm, apathetic pathetic losers - we are the perfect Texans fans.

awtysst

Draft Guru
Hey you won't be alone for long I am getting stationed up in Denver next year. I am planning on going to the game when the Texans are in town next year.
Nice! I don't know if I will still be here, but if I am, I would certainly welcome the company!