Week 6 trade deadline (TJ)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Cheroqui, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Cheroqui

Cheroqui Veteran

Should we try to get TJ Duckett from Washington? I only ask because I think we should have a pounder like him and Washington isn't using him so why not. Other than our D stopping the run, and tightening up on pass defense that's the only missing piece IMO to have a more complete setup and get wins after things fall in place. We can also rotate with Jameel Cook. So once we get a HB to step up and hopefully be able to catch out of the backfield it may help. Good move or why bother?

2. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

But the question is, what do we have that Washington wants. I think they gave up quite a bit to get him.

3. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

No way, pass on that. Same type back like Dayne, don't need 2 of them. If anybody get LT's back-up.

4. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i'd say no. unless i'm mixing players, he's the big load from atlanta, and we've already got a pair of that player in dayne & gado. it's a bit odd that i find myself saying it, given my stance of the past few years, but if anything we'd want a change of pace speedster at this point. we are hurting for a fullback, but that's not duckett's strong suit. if we're going to trade for anyone, it needs to be on the offensive line and in the defensive secondary.

5. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

I think the o line will be fine after they've had some time to work together.

6. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

No! Not the gel comment :hides:

7. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

No I never said gel. I hate gel. I'm just one of those people who doesn't expect to go from a 2-14 season and an oline that falls down on the snap to a post season spot in one year.

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

we need an LT pretty bad. When Salaam went down for a couple plays, it got nasty at LT. That was when Taylor got through and stripped the ball from Carr.

9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

wand. the ONLY thing wand didnt have was a mean streak ... i'm willing to bet that the prospect of not playing anymore is plenty motivation to bring that out of him. i'll be extremely disappointed if we dont bring him back at this point.

Texans Horror likes this.
  10. slamdunc

slamdunc Rookie

I agree Grid...what the heck are they doing without TE help or at least chip with a RB? It's not like Jason Taylor has a history of getting to the QB in this league!

11. TFL

TFL Veteran

I say we make no trades for Running backs this year, and hopefullly draft Garrett Wolfe Northern Illinois.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

obviously there was something else they didn't like about Wand. I figured after Spencer got hurt, we'd get Wand back in here, but we didn't.

As for Runningback, I say stay put with Gado, Dayne & Lundy. I believe our run game suffered more because of our OLine than our backs...... there just wasn't many holes for them to run through. And Dayne, I think, does a great job of making something out of nothing.

We've seen what he can do when he gets a crease.......

Let's not sell the Miami defense short though..... they've got a few Probowlers who've made a living against the run.

Unless you think Miami should unload RonnieBrown.

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I guess so. Too bad his good play on the field this pre-season doesn't overcome whatever it is the coaches don't like. It isn't like he is a criminal or some other type of troublemaker. Just the opposite, apparently.

Carr was talking about his arm being numb after a couple of his throws because he was getting hit hard even on successful plays. Hopefully the coaches do something to upgrade the o-line where there is an easy, quick solution before Carr gets seriously hurt.

14. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I wouldn't mind as he does have experience in the scheme. But I also don't want us to sacrifice much to get him. Right now, it looks like the most important thing is finding a guy who is going to find the hole, which is the #1 reason why Dayne's starting. He's just finding openings that the other RBs aren't. The Oline needs to get better.

One of the problems look like the holes just don't open up in the direction of the runner at all. There were some holes today, but looking for them was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sherman and Kubiak really have their work cut out for them to try to put this thing together.

15. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Salaam has looked serviceable at best. What I saw of the time he was in there, he was barely able to keep up with Jason Taylor, and sometimes not at all. Bedel looked worse out there.

Carr is paying off this year - he is looking like a great quarterback. I worry that not having Wand in at LT is going to get Carr injured.

On the other hand, at this point I am willing to concede that whatever reason the team has, Wand is out. I am tired of not understanding what the front office doesn't see in him. (I had to reword that last sentence. I had written "I am tired of not understanding what the team doesn't see in him." From everything I've heard, the team sees a lot in him; Kubiak doesn't.)

Being an NIU grad, I think it would be great to see Wolfe running for the Texans. One can only hope!

Runner likes this.
  16. real

real Guest

Our O-line definitely has room for improvement....but none of our running backs are anything special....I saw a couple holes yesterday...I saw a couple times where Dayne and Gado just ran into a linemans back....I think we will definitely draft a back next year...I just don't know what round...Im guessing anywhere from 3-6 depending on who's available...

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The season is still young, and there is lots of football left to be played. We've played Play-off calbre Ds for 4 weeks straight..... Our running backs have did as well as their runningbacks the week we faced them. I think the only running back to have a good day against Miami, Washington, Indy, & Philly was TikiBarber in a come from behind victory over Philly. I'm not sure, I haven't looked it up, but off the top of my head, that's the way I see it. I'll do some research, and get back to you.

But Dallas' D coming up..... don't expect a big game, from the running backs.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Just a quick look.

Washinton is only giving up 79 yards a game, Philly 93 yards a game, Miami 94 yards a game, and Indy is giving up 155.... we only ran for 108 using a three headed attack.

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else notice how many times Hodgdon got beat during a running play? I'm not going to say he was the root of the problem on our o-line play, but I just couldn't help but notice a few times.:twocents:

20. South Texan

South Texan Veteran

Probably why he is the backup. :)