Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

That could happen with Dreesen. He could tell the Broncos everything about our offense and we struggle because of it.

you're going to learn most of what you learn through film... outside of what audible tendencies are -and that's still tricky and very adjustable- Dreesen wouldn't be able to help much... how in the hell did the Texans score 27 on Washington in 2010 with the former "offensive coordinator" on the other side of the ball?

Fact is there will be the same formation, same motion and same start to a run to the right, Schaub booting to the left, or Schaub faking hand-off with a basic play-action pass... If they run the ball 80% of the time out of a certain formation the film will tell that, they don't need Dreesen to tell them that...

I have no clue, but like some I hate that Denver's coming off of a loss...

It's just so hard to tell with Manning... the first INT he threw last night I could live with if I were him...I misread some coverage and you know, it happens... the second and third INTs were just bad passes with absolutely nothing on them... It wasn't a bad read, he looked his receiver down and threw the ball at him, but it was as if a 40mph gust of wind rolled through and stalled the ball...in a dome...

Peytons arm is done, it is completely shot at this point. The adrenaline in week 1 was what helped him then but go rewatch and 95% of his passes were just dinks and dunks. He has no zip left.

The Texans need to employ the exact same defense as the Falcons did. They essentially were testing Peyton's arm. You drop everybody back in coverage and see if he can make NFL throws, which right now it doesn't look like he can. Manning had all the time in the world last night and continued to make bad decisions. Actually they were good decisions, his arm just can't get it there before the hole closes anymore.

I expect Denver to make the adjustments needed to allow Manning to be as effective as possible, and get the rebound win at home. Denver is a pretty decent team, and they held in there adequately vs a tough Atlanta team after all of Manning's mistakes. I expect them to get a little better and more comfortable with the new offense every week. So this week is a risk.

By the way, watching these replacement refs is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anything quite like it in pro sports; as they don't know or enforce pro rules, they apply college penalties, and never seem to know what each other is doing. Then the players start yelling and fighting, the coaches are jumping up and down and screaming such that veins are popping out of their neck to no avail. And after the game, the coaches and players still have to bite their tongue and not criticize them. What a fiasco.

I sure hope they stick around a while.

Mannings passes did look like he was throwing into the wind. Not a good spiral at all. I think this is the week coach doesn't take his foot off the gas and we win 39-17.

The Texans need to employ the exact same defense as the Falcons did. They essentially were testing Peyton's arm. You drop everybody back in coverage and see if he can make NFL throws, which right now it doesn't look like he can. Manning had all the time in the world last night and continued to make bad decisions. Actually they were good decisions, his arm just can't get it there before the hole closes anymore.

I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. If the Evil Peyton has seen it once, he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

No... you gotta switch it up on Peyton. Better yet, control the clock and keep his big head in a baseball cap on the sideline.

Peytons arm is done, it is completely shot at this point. The adrenaline in week 1 was what helped him then but go rewatch and 95% of his passes were just dinks and dunks. He has no zip left.

I know we're supposed to hate him for kicking our ass for 10 years, but it's pretty sad to watch.:dangit:

...he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

I think Atlanta was playing more traditional in the 4th and not doing as much disguise they coverage.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. If the Evil Peyton has seen it once, he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

No... you gotta switch it up on Peyton. Better yet, control the clock and keep his big head in a baseball cap on the sideline.

The problem is not Peyton's decision making. It is his arm. He cannot fit it through holes deep in the secondary anymore, period. The DBs have way too much time to close on the football.

I guarantee you if we lose this game, it will be because we come out in our base defense and play the blitz game like we always do. Yes, we may get to Manning a few times, but he is going to start hitting those 5-10 yards slants over the middle all day. That is what he excels at.

Also, the only thing bringing that football team back in the 4th quarter was Willis McGahee and that awesome O-Line. If you noticed, in the second half, Peyton relegated his O-Line to calling out the coverage. I have never seen that before. Also, If not for his running back Willis MaGahee running up to him and tapping him saying "Give me the GD BALL!!?!@!", TWICE, Peyton would have audibled out of those run plays on the Goal Line to that stupid sprint play to Stokley or a lob to DT.

Texans 20
Broncos 16

Vegas odds are going with Texans.

For some odd reason, it feels like we'll lose this one. But I think we have a better defense and a better offense than Denver.

Remember in the divisional playoffs last year our D playing tough, and Denver's laying down and giving up 35 points in the first half to NE?

I expect Denver to make the adjustments needed to allow Manning to be as effective as possible, and get the rebound win at home. Denver is a pretty decent team, and they held in there adequately vs a tough Atlanta team after all of Manning's mistakes. I expect them to get a little better and more comfortable with the new offense every week. So this week is a risk.

By the way, watching these replacement refs is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anything quite like it in pro sports; as they don't know or enforce pro rules, they apply college penalties, and never seem to know what each other is doing. Then the players start yelling and fighting, the coaches are jumping up and down and screaming such that veins are popping out of their neck to no avail. And after the game, the coaches and players still have to bite their tongue and not criticize them. What a fiasco.

I sure hope they stick around a while.

You said the same thing about the jags last week. Look what happened there. Can't you ever just give the texans credit, maybe they are just good and can now put teams away

You said the same thing about the jags last week. Look what happened there. Can't you ever just give the texans credit, maybe they are just good and can now put teams away

Have you ever seen BullBlitz post anything positive about the Texans?

I am sure somewhere out there are a few arguable exceptions but as a general matter it is all negative.

Find yourself a homer statement by me within the 2012 calender year and I will find you twenty piss on your own toes statements by you. It won't even be difficult.

He strikes me as the type that goes against the grain because its not the popular thing to do, and then when we eventually lose a game, he'll say "See? I was right" As the odds are we will lose a game this season, its only a matter of time.

A broken clock is right twice a day

Make sure you get them off the field on third down.

Key to beating Peyton. Screw the Dallas Clark bull****. Or, should I say, the Dreesen/Tamme bull****.

image.php

off topic a bit, love your avatar Seenyor Stahn, brah. "im steel heer, El Guapo. (bang)" lmao

here we see El Guapo delighted with the Texans jersey he got for his birthday party in the desert.

Hmm, interesting way to get ready for Dumerville and Miller. Hopefully it works, especially with Newton

Per Twitter:
Kubiak: RT Derek Newton facing quickest guys he's seen this yr. We've practiced with our OLB's offsides, to simulate Denver speed.

Hmm, interesting way to get ready for Dumerville and Miller. Hopefully it works, especially with Newton

Per Twitter:

It won't matter what they do if he keeps bending at the waist too much like he's been doing. They'll swim right over him & he'll fall flat on his face.

Back