week 14: Titans Message Board

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Low Life, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Low Life

Low Life Rookie

Nothing much really. Maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread but... The Titans fans seem to think this is going to be the easiest game ever. They say stuff like our front office is a complete joke and so on and such. Typical and in line with what would be expected but don't they have to beat us to stay ahead of us in the division??? If you look at their record agains AFC opponents they are 2-6 while we are 4-4 and if we win then we'll share a 5-8 record and split this years games. Doesn't that make our FO a little better than theirs if we win? :potkettle:

2. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I must say, if that's the way they're looking at it after we outperformed them by a mile the last game, they're obviously getting cocky. We need to give them a slap in the face and wake them up from their fantasy world.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

5-7 never looked so 16-0.

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'm shocked, especially after all the bouquets we toss their way on this board.

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I think this is going to be a hard game to win. They aren't the same team that we played earlier and neither are we.

Our defense is playing better, but our Oline is destroyed. Their defense is playing lights out. We are going to need another monster game from DeMeco and a few big plays from Mario. We are also going to need Carr to play mistake free football with no turnovers........they forced 2 ints. from Manning.

6. doughboy

doughboy Veteran

No offense but we have the 3rd toughest Schedule in the leauge and yall have just beat the Jags twice (which is pretty good) The raiders and the dolphins.....Thats not saying much but most of are games have been NFC.

7. doughboy

doughboy Veteran

Outperformed......The last time I checked we had more turnovers. :rolleyes:

8. Low Life

Low Life Rookie

No offense taken but is my math wrong? If Houston wins on Sunday and I go check the AFC Division standings on Tuesday morning won't it say Houston is 3rd in the AFC South above the Tennessee Titans?

9. doughboy

doughboy Veteran

Yep this is a big game for both teams and belive me nobody on the titans message board is thinking yall are gaonna be pushovers.

10. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

What ? we play the same schedule as you do LOL theres only one team difference that you play and we dont LOL

11. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

Vince Young is doing what Billy Volek did for years, he comes in and wins. Does it last? Not with Volek not with Young, Titans have the same problem as the Texans. Both teams are not operating as a complete unit. Enjoy the wins you have,because Sunday I'm hoping they come to a screaming holt.

12. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

It's December 5th and Bud Adams is still the lowest form of a human existence on the planet.

13. Low Life

Low Life Rookie

Indeed. I'm sure that you guys will play well given the circumstances and I'm hoping for a Houston win. I just thought it was interesting when looking at that. I will be at the game sunday and cheering for Mr. Young silently and my home team with much more vigor. Here's to hoping for an exciting game.:shots:

14. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I just want a win this week. This whole "we should have drafte Vince" is really pissing me off. I want to stick it to them really bad. I want a win every week, but this one feels personal.

15. doughboy

doughboy Veteran

You play 2 of the worst teams in The NFL and (browns and Raiders) and that makes your schedule weaker dont balme me Im not the one who ranked them.

16. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

17. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The Titans just beat the mighty Colts with a rookie QB...something we still can't do after 9 freakin' attempts in five seasons! :brickwall ouch!

I say that they might have a reason to be a little cocky right now...matter-of-fact, they should just assume a win and start preparing for the Jaguars...yeah, that's the ticket...the little ol' Houston Texans are nothing to such an awesome team like the Tennessee Titans...yeah, just forget about this little scrimmage you've got this weekend and start watching film of Jacksonville....

18. TNTitan

TNTitan Veteran

we're B1tching over 3rd place in our division lol

thunderkyss likes this.
  19. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Yeah and we beat the Giants, Redskins, Colts, and Eagles. You didn't.

Oh and don't forget, we beat the Texans too.

20. mashunter18

mashunter18 Rookie

Yes we are pumped up, sure some people at the titans board think we will smoke you guys.
    We are on a good roll, big plays from all sides of the ball lately. Besides Vince looking better and more comfortable lately, pacman is pretty hot. He could barely get the colts or giants to punt one he could return the last 2 weeks.

I believe we had 8 different guys make catches last week.

We have plenty of week spots on our team, but we can a nice future coming...