Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 12 Around the NFL

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
When is the last time the Lions played a Turkey Day game where they mattered? Should be a fun atmosphere for Detroiters for a change. And for fantasy reasons I hope they do really really well.

None of the T-Day games have a spread under 7. Even the Black Friday game is 9.5.

Wow, he just went for another stupid 4th and 7. I think they were in FG range too
It's like he's watching another game.

Getting points on that possession would have been huge. Now whatever hope they were building has crumbled to nothing.

I hope people saw the piece on John Madden and his impact on Darryl Stingley and his family. I didn't know about this. Madden was a HOFer in every sense.
I never made the connection with our Stingley. I bet that had a big part I'm the Texans drafting him.

Tua intercepted twice in the last two minutes of the 1st half. First was a pick six, the second gives the Jets the ball in throwing distance of the endzone with 2 seconds on the clock

Jets throw a Hail Mary into the endzone, intercepted by the Dolphins. It qets returned 99 yards for a TD.

Last edited:
The Jets couldn’t have cared less on that Hail Mary int. They looked like they were loafing and waiting for a teammate to make a play. I think their spirit is broken on offense and they are mailing it in. I hope that rookie plays against us. Even if he undergoes some minor improvement next week…he had a very poor outing and looks like he’s is over his head. Wilson is considerably better and that’s saying something.

Jets blown out last night by Miami.

I believe the Jets have decided it’s in their best interest to lose out and improve their position in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The Jets have a defense and could be far more dominant if they weren’t on the field so often.

Rogers will be back next season (shouldn’t even entertain the idea of returning this season) so getting him a top LT or another weapon on offense would be a must. LT- Joe Alt would be a huge addition to their OL and Rogers blindside. Bowers or a WR would probably be welcomed. Getting another QB to work behind Rogers for a couple of seasons would be a plus.

The Texans matchup with the Jets could be a favorable opportunity b/c the Jets may just be going through the motions.

Jets blown out last night by Miami.

I believe the Jets have decided it’s in their best interest to lose out and improve their position in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The Jets have a defense and could be far more dominant if they weren’t on the field so often.

Rogers will be back next season (shouldn’t even entertain the idea of returning this season) so getting him a top LT or another weapon on offense would be a must. LT- Joe Alt would be a huge addition to their OL and Rogers blindside. Bowers or a WR would probably be welcomed. Getting another QB to work behind Rogers for a couple of seasons would be a plus.

The Texans matchup with the Jets could be a favorable opportunity b/c the Jets may just be going through the motions.

I think they should draft a QB. Good year to do it. Move up if needed.

I think they should draft a QB. Good year to do it. Move up if needed.
You think Aaron Rodgers would be okay with drafting a quarterback? I think fans are hoping he will have a great 2024 season and they have a high round one and round three in the draft.

As nice as that sounds….I think the Jets have to improve their OL. To do that, they should target blue chip LT Alt. Rogers would probably give a big thumbs up on that pick.
I agree the Jets should go offensive tackle with their round one unless they trade down and get one later and pick up another pic. WR with a third.

You think Aaron Rodgers would be okay with drafting a quarterback? I think fans are hoping he will have a great 2024 season and they have a high round one and round three in the draft.

Aaron isn’t going to be there after 2024. The Jets will not have a good enough pick if Aaron Rogers return to form and if he doesn’t they will have an answer in waiting.

If he doesn’t like it then there is always Minnesota.

Aaron isn’t going to be there after 2024. The Jets will not have a good enough pick if Aaron Rogers return to form and if he doesn’t they will have an answer in waiting.

If he doesn’t like it then there is always Minnesota.
I see no reason for Aaron Rodgers not to play beyond 2024.

Jets can trade down round 1 getting a 2.
Move Mekhi Becton back to LT draft safety lower round one filling a need and RT round two with WR in round 3.
If they go QB later I could see that.

Tua intercepted twice in the last two minutes of the 1st half. First was a pick six, the second gives the Jets the ball in throwing distance of the endzone with 2 seconds on the clock

Jets throw a Hail Mary into the endzone, intercepted by the Dolphins. It qets returned 99 yards for a TD.
How did those black uniforms with green face mask workout I didn't watch the game.

I expect Douglas to draft OL/OL and more OL, with a TE and a WR thrown in there somewhere.

Depends on how Rodgers comes back. That offense is devoid of talent, especially the OL.
Hall and Wilson are really good weapons.

I could see the NYJ draft going like this.

1. Best LT available
3. Sedrick Van Prann C Georgia
4th Burton WR Alabama
5. Zinter OG Michigan.

1. Best LT available
4th Burton WR Alabama
5. Zinter OG Michigan.
that would be a very good draft for them. Do you see Mekhi Becton
remaining at right tackle or reverting to left tackle next season?

that would be a very good draft for them. Do you see Mekhi Becton
remaining at right tackle or reverting to left tackle next season?
I see him as a RT. But this depends on who's available when the NYJ pick. I like the OL from Penn St., Alt, Rouse out of Oklahoma.

1. Best LT available
4th Burton WR Alabama
5. Zinter OG Michigan.
Hall and Wilson are good, but they are rendered useless by Hackett and garbage at QB and a bad OL.
surprised Hackett hasn’t been canned yet, again.

I think teams could watch the Lions situation at QB. If Goff can exit his current crappy play and get back to what got the Lions back on track….it could make Hooker expendable for trade. If Goff continues to falter, it could make him available for a trade since he becomes an UFA in 2025.

I think teams could watch the Lions situation at QB. If Goff can exit his current crappy play and get back to what got the Lions back on track….it could make Hooker expendable for trade. If Goff continues to falter, it could make him available for a trade since he becomes an UFA in 2025.
The Lions are a young team and Goff only has 1 more year on his contract so I think they keep Goff for 2024 and if Hooker is ready then 2025 is his turn. I'd keep Goff because he may bring in more as a comp pick if you let him walk as an UFA vs what they may get in a trade. A lot goes into it but the Lions window should be between now and 4 more years.

IMG_4667.jpeg

Is this player tracker thing really on the NBC broadcast or is it some alternate channel I’m streaming? And am I the only one who thinks it’s annoying AF?

Back