Week 11 - National Emberrassment

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Nov 6, 2005.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

What can this organization do to avoid being completely emberrassed in front of a national audience in 2 weeks? If things continue on this course the team will be coming into the game 1-9 and the stands will be empty. The few fans that are there will be booing louder than ever. Is there anything that can be done at this point or is it predetermined that this regime has set the organization back years?

2. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

you are one negative cat.

3. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

More like realistic he is just telling it like it is you cant polish S%^@

4. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

-
    We've only been set back 4 years, wonger - that isn't a lifetime - just a few thousand $$ for season tickets. :) I'm usually optimistic to the point of nauseating - but I think this season is pretty predetermined/preordained/a foregone conclusion. What can be done? Oh, McNair bopping Capers with a playbook would be fun to witness. I don't think much of anything can be done at this point:crying: but I would sure love to see a change in the hc even if it meant an interim. It may not change the season, but it just might give the players a little chance for hope and a smile.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The first 5 weeks or so the Texans let teams walk all over them. The last few games, they've shown effort. I think most Texans fans are savvy enough to realize this and will come out ready to support effort. If it's there, they will cheer. If not, they will boo. If the Texans can get Hodgdon back on the field and Pitts back to LT, they should be competitive against the Chiefs.

6. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

it would not be a very thick playbokk: HB dive left, HB dive left, dump-off to RB, punt...

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

and thats the whole problem... we dont want to be comptetative, we wbat to WIN!!! this whole menatlity is going a long way towards the problems we are having. the one time we were agressive (4th and inches) we got a TD...

8. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, your post has a point. For the Texans, especially with Dom Capers, these football games are not about winning--instead, they are about how you lose and sometimes even win with his philosophy. He's probaly going to be very excited with post game comments, almost giddy. Why? Capers lives and breathes to have a chance on the final drive of the game to try and make a difference in that game. If the team achieves that goal--win or lose--nothing else matters. That final drive-in this exact scenario-is the closest Capers will come to coaching to win the football game...so, bottom line, Capers is feeling pretty good right now...:yahoo:

9. the wonger need food

Winning is not on Dom Caper's agenda. Keeping games close is the goal. Undoubtedly, he is very happy with this game.

"I thought our guys fought hard, we just didn't execute."

This is exactly why he needs to be fired at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning.

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Thank you, my exact sentiments ! They played hard and were in the game to
    the very end as contrasted with earlier in the season when they were not even competitive. After the last couple weeks, I'm feeling much better about
    the team even though they have continued to lose.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I agree, we are no longer an embarrassment to NFL football like we were when we were historically bad earlier in the year never having a single lead. We have risen to just being a bad team. Today's game gave us a glimpse of NFL football.

12. the wonger need food

They are worse (a lot worse) than they were in their expansion season. If that's something to feel good about I want what you're taking.

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Right on. We played a team that was favored to beat us by 2 touchdowns, and we played them hard. Yes, I would have liked a win but for the first time this year I found the game entertaining - I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a play. Unlike the Browns game which was a comedy of (Brown's) errors, we at least were earning our shot at the win today.

14. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I think Mathis could have tipped the scales back for the Texans.

15. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

It won't be a national embarrassment because few will be watching. The Texans are already a joke on a national level and it keeps coming and won't end until they can at least finish a season at .500. Today there was Frank Caliendo's pregame skit poking fun at W picking the Texans, and Boomer Esiason's halftime remarks about the Jags being "pathetic and embarrassing" for trailing the lowly Texans (nothing about the Texans playing a good game). Right now, our Texans are viewed as the worst team in the NFL and it's well deserved. Put the Capers "we really fought hard" spin on it all you want. This team is not good and won't be good until there is major change in management, coaching, and personnel.

16. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I agree with Vinny's take .... I was screaming at the TV just like many other Texans fans but in the end it may have been best, long term, that we lost .... God forbid we eek out a few upset wins and Capers survives .....

17. belars44

belars44 Rookie

As per the norm, I totally agree with aj on this one, and I think it is just what he mentioned that many don't consider when attempting to analyze this team's failures this current year.

The game Sunday night will barely peek the interest of any other than those willing to lay money on the outcome. The guy I am taking to the game actually mentioned that he is looking forward to being in a home team stadium and hearing the resounding boo's that will be projected.....oh, and he is a Texan fan, just a realistic one.

Relish this Sunday night "primetime" game, because it will be the last one we see for quite awhile.......

18. karen9977

karen9977 Rookie

Wonger you are very negative. I was happy with the effort both sides gave today. We played better than the Jags. By the way, check your spelling (embArrassment) so you won't be embarrassed.

19. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

oh Karen, if only I weren't married....

20. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

leave it to the second most negative guy on the board to back up the first most negative guy. go put your glass under the fountain and get some water in that bad boy.