Week 1 Vs. Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Phiilyphan06, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Phiilyphan06

Phiilyphan06 Rookie

Im an Eagles fan, so I thought I'd get a perspective from the opponet.

How do you think this game will turn out?

My only concerns, are that Davis might re-submerge, and that our corners can't handle moulds and Johnson.

2. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

From what I can gather watchout for the SLANT!!!! Texans 24 Eagles 10

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Well none of us know what the Texans will look like with the new coaches. We have an offensive minded coach, but we haven't played an preseason games yet so it's hard to determine strengths and weaknesses right now. But we're all positive about everything. The Texans are gonna win though.

4. santo

santo Hall of Fame

you are correct ...:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel: :logo:

5. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

You might want to tell your O-Line to watch out.... we will have 4 monsters on them at all times.

6. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Tell McNabb to wear his flack jacket!!!!

7. Phiilyphan06

Phiilyphan06 Rookie

What is this, smack talk?

8. AJExplosion80

AJExplosion80 Rookie

You might tell McNabb to watch out because we have #90 :hunter: McNabb to knock him out. We will have a lot of rollouts and a lot more running this year with actually positive yardage.

9. Phiilyphan06

Phiilyphan06 Rookie

Well Westbrook could lighten the load for Mcnabb, and we got Wintston Justice and Max gean-gilles in the draft. Hes a beat.

10. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

Re-submerge?

11. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

Wait till middle of preseason then we'll talk.

12. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

You have to forgive some of us, we're very excited about this year, especially our pass rush. You mentioned Max gean-gilles is he already working with your first team?

13. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Should be a close game, IMO. Lots of question marks for both teams. Can the Eagles anemic offense get the ball rolling now with a healthy McNabb and more importantly without T.O.? What is the Texans defense going to look like under the new scheme and coaching regime? I don't think it will be very high scoring, as neither team has an established power house offense, and I think the game will come down to which opportunistic defense takes advantage of the opposing offenses mistakes.....the game will probably be decided by crucial turnovers.

As much as we homers would like to say our offense will instantly bear a striking resemblance to Denver, it's much more likely that they'll show flashes of becoming a dynamic offense, but be mired with mistakes early in the season. Same goes for the defense, the Texans are a completely new team this year. No idea how it's gonna look on the field at this point, but I'm gonna postulate that the Texans are going to play hard for Kubiak, and that right there is enough to keep us competitive in most games.

14. Phiilyphan06

Phiilyphan06 Rookie

I can understand that, we had a bad year as well so you have to be hungry.

Gilles is battling todd herremans for the starting spot, and otdd is moving from lt to lg, so Max looks favored right now.

15. Phiilyphan06

Phiilyphan06 Rookie

This is the best post i've seen so far. Thank you. Thats was very refreshing.

16. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Oh PP. Why put yourself through the torment of thinking about the first game of the year. If I were you I would go ahead and look forward to week 2.

Drob is going to hammer Westbrook and even Pbuc can cover Gaffney!

17. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Thats interesting, it seems there is a small (like 3%) chance that both of our teams will start rookie lineman.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

I see Philly coming into Reliant Stadium the way we went into Ralph Wilson Stadium (Or whatever the name of the Bills' stadium is).

Point is this: The Eagles are coming into a literal beehive of intensity similar to what we went into in our first game last year vs. the Bills. I predicted, weeks in advance, that we'd get bombed by the Bills...and did we ever!

I see an Eagles team that is smartly coached by Andy Reid. Problem is that they are a little "in search of themselves" after the mess with T.O. and its residual effects--McNabb has to truly re-capture his leadership role, and this year's Texans are not in any way the same old team that was America's punchline last year, and so I see McNabb getting in trouble early.

Gaffney is for you what Phillip Buchanon was for us: He's a guy that has a recognizable name, and there's not much game to either one of them. We got screwed when we got Buchanon, and you guys are not going to be happy with Gaffney...he'll make some grabs, but he'll never be the visionary threat or talent that he ought to be. He was born to be a 4th WR on a 3 WR team. You can thank several years of un-coaching by Dom Capers for that one.

I am glad you no longer have T.O., because that guy ruined your team in a hurry. In addition, the timeframe for NFL teams to be successful for mutliple years has, in my opinion, passed by the Eagles. I think this is the year that the team declines more...and the hooks come out for Andy Reid. Will het get the same respect that Bill Cowher got when Cowher's teams began to slide a little? I don't know. I like Reid as a coach, but the talent level in Philly, as far as I can see it when I watch them, is beginning to fade a little. No Hugh Douglas. No T.O. A Westbrook who was running well early last year, and then all of a sudden the Eagles went away from running the ball. And McNabb who says he's shaken off T.O. but yet it's STILL a topic that he speaks of today.

It ain't looking good for week 1 for the Eagles. We got hammered last year when we went into a hornets' nest...and I fear that it'll be a similar outcome for your team when they come to Reliant.

This is no homer talk going on. And it isn't smacj talk. I just think this is NOT the same Texans team, not by a country mile.

Good luck to your guys.

20. EF55

EF55 Rookie