We will select a very talented player in the second for the following reasons...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SW H-TOWN, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SW H-TOWN

SW H-TOWN All Pro

1. Several players with second round grades were selected in the 1st.
    Eric Reid (How was he picked ahead of Jonathan Cyprien)
    Justin Pugh
    Kyle Long
    Travis Fredrick (Way to early, WOW)
    Matt Elam

2. I predict that there will be several QB's and WR's selected in the 2nd.

This will inevitably push down several good players which will result in some serious talent sitting there when we pick in the 2nd. Personally I am hoping that Arthur Brown, guy literally eats and sleeps football, is available in the 2nd and Jesse Williams and D.J. Swearinger are available in the 3rd.

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Man, did you hear that Manti Teo is still available? I can't believe that, Manti Teo wasn't picked in the 1st! Manti Teo can do it all, Teo can run black, Teo can defend against the pass, Manti can cover TEs, we should trade up and get Manti Teo! What a great name to have on our side, Manti Teo! All the analysts are saying how great Manti Teo is, and how Manti Teo is going to be the next great LB of this generation because Manti Teo will not back down to anyone, not even a Manti Teo doppleganger.

MANTI TEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kitten:

Hervoyel likes this.
  3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Can't fit him & the girl under the cap.

mariowillshine15 likes this.
  4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I agree with your thought process but I bet it's hell for a guy to eat and sleep football. Especially when he's taking a dump and the laces hit while he has a crick in his neck. French tickler from hell. :spin:

5. Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield BMF

[​IMG]

Please get this guy. Texans need to stop this whole we only draft good old boys "texans worthy"' schtick.

Its freaking lame.

This dude is a game breaker.

6. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Sounds almost like Pacman Jone's. It's hard to be a great football player when you aren't allowed to play football. I like the you man's potential but damn...what a downside.

7. Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield BMF

sounds like, doesnt mean he is. What are the chances he shoots ups a club and paralyzes someone?

He's worth the risk. Its not like contracts are guaranteed.

His talent is real. His potential to possibly commit a crime isnt.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

And you'd be one of the first pissing and moaning about how the Texans blew the pick .... yelling and screaming to run him outa town cause he's a fluck up.

Being an NFL (pro sports) coach or GM is a no win situation with the fans ..... damned if you do , damned if you dont.

Just take a look at how everyone wanted Jacoby Jones gone after last years playoff loss .... and now those same morons are pissing and moaning that the staff cut his ass.

[​IMG]

9. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The risk with guys like that is not that they'll go do something directly, but the types of people they surround themselves with. I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, but until they do, guys who do weed tend to surround themselves with people who don't care that they break the law. That generally leads to some reckless behavior, especially when you inject a few million dollars and a billion strip clubs into the equation.

Tell the truth - you ever worry about JJ Watt going out and getting in trouble at some nightclub?

10. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

What if we make him become JJ Watt's roommate? Might that keep him from doing stupid shiz? :thisbig:

11. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Yeah, fans do have that little flaw about them. Throw in the fact that they are all revisionist historians, and it adds up to being pretty much worthless.

:D

12. Rey

Rey Guest

I don't agree with that.

There are plenty of people that smoke weed that aren't out being reckless.

We've heard nothing about him being out and involved in reckless behavior, getting into fights or anything else involving him breaking the law other than smoking weed.

There are a lot of guys that smoke weed in the NFL that don't get popped for it and aren't hanging out at strip clubs involved in shootings.

Now I'm not saying that marijuana addiction isn't a problem for an NFL player. I just disagree that because he smokes he's a risk to be involved in all kinds of other bad behavior.

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Not me.

Once he be gone, I want him to stay gone! That muffed punt was the final straw for me. I don't give a damn what he does in Baltimore or anywhere else.

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Semi-grand Poobah Staff Member

The Texans just spent their 1st on someone with colorful allegations against him.

As to Mattheu there was an interesting discussion on the radio yesterday. Apparently he claims college tests for fake marijuana and that was what he tested positive for in all the tests. The NFL supposedly not test for fake marijuana. Problem solved if true. Now if he is lying...

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

You do know that every day he hands his car over to a handler who drives it away, leaving him without a vehicle (in a condominium complex full of retired elderly)...then the handler brings his car to him in the morning so he can get to his workouts...all so that he won't go out and fall into trouble.

You know that, right? It's in an ESPN The Magazine article.

Don't get me wrong, he's got talent. And people who live on the edge in real life tend to live on the edge on the field...and that can make for dynamic playmakers on Sundays. But he would be a constantly monitored player for us. And that Dez Bryant is openly adamant that he's the best player in the draft no matter what anybody says about his problems...well, yeah...it's problematic to say the least.

From the article:

When this guy gets a nice payday, and he's "In the NFL" all of a sudden, I just don't know at the end of the day if he's mature enough to keep things squared away and be a great player. SEEMS like he's trying, sure, but things get magnified when a guy enters the NFL. Scenery changes. Change can be bad for certain personalities. A lot of risk there, IMO. Huge reward, but a lot of risk.

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Semi-grand Poobah Staff Member

I think you can kiss off any chance of Mathieu being a Texan. He blew off a meeting with them last week - Link

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

He also just blew off a personal meeting with both the Texans and the Seahawks.

He no-showed for those two meetings.

More of the story HERE.

The guy is tragic.

18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

Can I just say I want to see T'eo taken and then get up and hug a fake person and smile. That would make my day.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Um .... dont agree with me! It just aint right! :corrosion:

Im with ya TB .... It was time for him to move on. That fumble was the straw that broke the camels back - and the camel gave him many many chances.

I do have to wonder if getting cut was a wakeup call for the kid .... because he did have a good year for the Ratbirds.

20. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that smoking weed is reckless, or that it necessarily leads to being reckless. I should have been clearer. Yes, other guys in the league smoke. But they do it "responsibly". They don't get caught and/or they practice enough moderation to keep it from taking over their lives. Mathieu seems to have a problem with prioritizing that habit. Therefore, I don't find it improbable that he might surround himself with some reckless people.

The guy that leaps to mind for me is Ricky Williams. He let it take over his life for a while and his career was never the same. Lots of players smoke. Not many let it take over their lives the way Williams did, and the way that people are concerned Mathieu might/might have.