Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

We were 3-4 when Watson was hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a reach... and a fairly long one, but that is just my opinion

Not participating in FA this offseason suggests he may have a point. Also Ricky talking BOB out of starting Watson could be construed as another point. Not fixing the OL after BOB was named OC etc.... point is there is some smoke to his argument.

This has all been said, and said yet again and then re-hashed a time or two...

What good does it do to complain yet again over what didn't happen?

Got any viable solutions for moving forward?.

The point of the original post was to complain about what is happening "now" and for the rest of the season. IE O'Brien has been given a free pass because the QB he didn't start this year has been hurt. O'Brien has been one of the most inept coaches I have ever seen when it comes to his quarterbacks. He has told us we should be proud of the likes of Ryan Mallet, he ran off Case Keenum and he started Tom Savage over Deshaun Watson. Do you need any more evidence as to O'Briens aptitude when it comes to the most important position on the field. The only reason O'Brien was ever considered a QB guru is because of Tom Brady... does anyone think Brady is Brady because of O'Brien at this point. Who couldn't coach Tom Brady! I think Watson is the next great QB and I hate to see his talent hampered by the likes of O'Brien, a guy who has already risked his health by playing him in trash time. But since this is the Texans, well give OB another excuse, and see how he screws it up yet again next year. Will it be clock management(like we saw again today), will he get Watson hurt when he shouldn't be in the game, or will the AFC South simply not be bad enough for him in 2018.

Oh well, to be a Texan fan...

The point of the original post was to complain about what is happening "now" and for the rest of the season. IE O'Brien has been given a free pass because the QB he didn't start this year has been hurt..
by who?

O'Briien has been one of the most inept coaches I have ever seen when it comes to his quarterback
He has told us we should be proud of the likes of Ryan Mallet, he ran off Case Keenum and he started Tom Savage over Deshaun Watson. Do you need any more evidence as to O'Briens aptitude when it comes to the most important position on the field. The only reason O'Brien was ever considered a QB guru is because of Tom Brady... does anyone think Brady is Brady because of O'Brien at this point. Who couldn't coach Tom Brady! I think Watson is the next great QB and I hate to see his talent hampered by the likes of O'Brien, a guy who has already risked his health by playing him in trash time. But since this is the Texans, well give OB another excuse, and see how he screws it up yet again next year. Will it be clock management(like we saw again today), will he get Watson hurt when he shouldn't be in the game, or will the AFC South simply not be bad enough for him in 2018. Oh well, to be a Texan fan...
and? again you're not saying anythiing new.. I typed that really slow for you

Last edited:
by who?

and? again you're not saying anythiing new.. I typed that really slow for you
Well then JB point me to the first post on this board that pointed out the Texans were 3 and 4 with Watson and that O'Brien was going to get a pass this year in spite of it, due to his injury.

Well then JB point me to the first post on this board that pointed out the Texans were 3 and 4 with Watson and that O'Brien was going to get a pass this year in spite of it, due to his injury.
no, yoh have to do your own research, and damn you for making me type out that ****

no, yoh have to do your own research, and damn you for making me type out that ****
Like I thought, you don't have a clue and can't support your claim. The original post said by who, but I guess that went over your head too. Am I typing too fast for you?

Having problems finding it JB. I didn't read the entire board before I made the original post... If I had known there was a redundancy monitor lurking... I would have done it anyway.

Like I thought, you don't have a clue and can't support your claim. The original post said by who, but I guess that went over your head too. Am I typing too fast for you?

no the original post didn't say by who. you only said it appears that O'Brien has been given a free pass... maybe by the local media, but who listens to them anyway?

Do your own research!

you're trying to combine the two different quotes... if you cant handle a simple question on one or a simple comment on another from an old drunk, then you either need to grow up or get a drink.

this thread is not this board if that's where you're getting confused

So once again, I'll type slower for you... The original post...

"And the three teams we had beaten were Cincinnati, Tennessee and Cleveland who collectively are 9-18. So once again, even with a great QB the only thing Bill O'Brien's Texan's could do was take out the trash just like Bill O'Brien's Texan's have always done. Before you point out we were without a couple of key players on defense, I would point out we were better with Watson even without those players, yet the results were the same.
Unfortunately, from what I'm hearing in the local sports media we may have lost more with the loss of Watson than just this season. It sounds like his injury has given O'Brien a free pass and nothing he can do going forward will threaten his job. So the same guy who had a losing record with Watson for seven games this year will be back next year so we can do it all over again.

And remember this is the quarterback whisperer. The guy who told us we should be proud of Mallet and Hoyer, the guy who wasted an entire preseason getting Savage ready because he thought he was better than Watson. I get so tired of seeing our team held back by the front office and coaching."

Do you have any comments about the points made in the post or do you just want to complain that it's been posted before without, once again, backing up your claim. I will point out, that there have been over 150 replies in this thread and I have no control over which direction they go. If someone makes a point that you've heard before and I reply with something you've heard before, and you don't like it... tough, it's a message board, get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back