We still have a home game in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Thorn, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

OK, so before all the doom sayers get going, let's keep some perspective here. We still have a home game in the playoffs. That's a good thing, even if we don't get a bye.

It's been an incrediable year for the Texans, considering all the injuries to key players. We still have a shot at making it this year. Yates has got two more games to complete his playoff training.

Think positive people, and don't let today's game get you down.

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I was hoping for a bye week... we need help now
    relatively easy schedules for the contenders after this week

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Of more concern than the bye week is the fact that the defense didn't look like the #1 defense in the league, the offense looked like last year's offense without the second half surge, and players made mistakes left and right. There were dropped passes, missed passes, penalties, turnovers, missed tackles, poor coverage ... it was a team loss.

4. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Between Phillips being out and last weeks emotional win, this was a classic trap game and the Texans sprung it like a champ...

Ah well, get ready for the Colts on Thursday Night

5. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

3rd string qb, no AJ, no Mario, no Wade, no 100 other people.

The team did not look good today. I think were finally seeing the team miss all our injured players.

6. burro

burro almost sentient

As much of a buzz kill as this game was, I'm still pretty stoked about the playoffs. Furthermore, I think the Texans get their heads on right after today. It'll be a short, but tough week for the players and I think they'll take it out on Indy on Thursday. No pessimism here.

:texflag:

7. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

That card is overplayed. No AJ means you don't have that explosive over-the-top game breaker. It doesn't mean OD drops a pass that's right in his hands. No Mario means you don't have that game changing force of nature that can sometimes take over games. It doesn't mean you miss tackles and whiff on jukemeisters like Jeremy Shockey. No Wade Phillips is a concern when you're facing the Steelers, Ravens, Pats, etc. The Panthers were 4-9 coming into this game and his guys have played his defense for 13 prior weeks.

They got their asses kicked, and it wasn't because of any of those excuses. I don't think it'll lead to a skid, though.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We're 10-4 now, but we'll be 12-4 to end the season.

9. 80tothezone

80tothezone Hall of Fame

I hate to say it but they were too high after the Bengals. I am glad that we got the wake up call today instead of in the playoffs.