We Should Continue to Complain

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by The Dream, Dec 9, 2006.

1. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I hear from so many people that we should forget about last years draft and get on with the Texans, because complaining about the past won't change anything. We can't change the past, but if Vince goes on to be the great QB that I invisioned him being, then this organization will continue to hear it from me..........forever. I'm sorry, but if we all just set back and didn't complain about the boneheaded mistake that was made, then what does that say about us? I'm sorry, but I like to actually cheer for teams that win. This doesn't make me a bad fan, just one who actually gives a damn about his team. I hope VY plays great on Sunday so people can rub it in McNair's face even more, because maybe next time he'll make the right decision and draft the best player available.

2. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Oh boy, another pointless Vince Young thread. Why don't you head over to the Titans board and worship the messiah over there with the rest of them. And I think they're about to replay the UT/Ohio St. game from last year. You should lube up and get ready for 3 1/2 hours of VY in those tight white pants. He is much sexier in orange.

Lucky and Marcus like this.
  3. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Yeah I don't think those sky blue pants make him very manly.

4. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

this isn't about praising Vince, it's about the right to continue to bash the texans management for making the wrong draft choice.

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

6. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

I fail to see where Vince Young will ever be one of the great ones how can anyone think that, Scrambling QBs like that dont win you Super Bowls in the NFL only in College they do manage to get hurt alot though , Look at Vick ( who is much faster I might add and about the same accuracy ) he gets hurt alot and has a good game once in a while but will never win them a superbowl, why is it just because someone is from texas hes the greatest thing sense slice bread ? I for one will never regret not picking Young , I think we will regret not getting Bush if anything at least hes starting to show signs of being a great one some day Young has one of the lowest QB ratings in football.

7. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

stop with the Vick comparisons, the two are nothing alike, except that they can both break big runs....Vince shows a lot more poise than Vick in the pocket, and he's not a wreckless runner like Mike......Elway, Young, etc. are all what I would consider scrambling QB's (although they had arms) that could hurt defenses with their feet when neccessary....Vince does the same thing.

8. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I doubt they really care.

9. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

they'll care if people continue to complain, stop going to games, VY kicks their asses for years to come, etc....trust me they'll care.

10. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

It is too another VY thread. Your panties are in a twist because McNair did not take the object of your obsession in VY. Funny how those of us who preferred Matt Leinart over VY are not wearing Cardinals jerseys to games and crying "OMGBBQSAUCE WE PASSED ON MAT LHINERT!!11". Stating your position on the matter a couple of times is fine and dandy, but repeating it over and over, and over again and then resorting to cheering for the other team is childish and teeters on the edge of lunacy.

11. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

VY = the King of Houston....that plays in another state. :brickwall

David Carr = a soft loser that the Texans are stuck with.

12. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Sorry there's only one true King of Houston and that's not VY. It's H-Town's very own Booker T. Huffman a.k.a. King Booker! All Hail King Booker, All Hail King Booker, All Hail King Booker...Bow down peasants!:joker:

13. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

it's funny you mention Booker, he was actually at the rockets game the other night.........and I actually bowed in his presence.

14. tex

tex Veteran

People who don't go to games or don't support the Texans because they didn't pick VY are not Texan fans they are VY fans. I don't think that enough people will complain to make them care.

15. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I support the Texans, but I'll also be the first to criticize them when they make mistakes.

16. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Isn't sad when you know what a particular poster is gonna post each and every time? I can just read the screen name and know EXACTLY what the post is gonna be about. Don't you guys get tired of typing the same thing over and over? Or is it copied and pasted everytime?

17. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Holy *******! Now, I KNOW the world must be coming to an end. I just gave Wonger some positive rep. Never thought I'd ever see that day.

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

One must first think they made the wrong draft choice.

Seeing as how I don't...

19. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Personally, I thought that VY was the BPA. That wasn't the majority opinion by most analysts. At best, he was seen as a player with the best upside but the a lot of risk.

In a revisionist history point of view, VY did himself no favors selling himself as the BPA given the inexperience of his agent, and the boneheaded things that happened while he was being evaluated post Rose Bowl.

Each player has pros, cons and opportunity costs. Many VY fans didn't care about the cons and opportunity costs with picking VY because under their worst case scenario, they get to see VY play at home and don't care about whether it could possibly effect the Texans in a negative manner. Or maybe they are so delusional that they could never envision that VY could result in anything but wins, no matter what situation he was in.

JMO.

20. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Well I appreciate the feeback (unlike most posters in here)...positive rep coming your way.