We need a new QB in 09!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hook'er, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Grab a vet, then a youngstar in the draft. We could go after McNabb or Vick, then draft Chase Daniels.:mshadows:

2. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think our defensive needs outweigh our need at QB, but that's just me pissing into the wind of discontent.

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The needs of the defense outweigh the needs of the offense.

I'd like to hear Leanord Nimoy say that. LOL

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

"the needs of the many (defense) outweigh the needs of the few (offense)"

5. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Dude. I want your pink soap. I'm ready to just set a nuke off into the entire front office. Just blow it all up and start from scratch.

6. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I wouldn't mind Graham Harrell as long as it's nothing higher than a 4th or so. With the weapons we have recieving he would fit.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

You realize, of course, that actually makes sense!

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

We have a top 5 offense. If we could find a way to limit turnovers, I say we leave the offense alone.

If anything, we need a Brandon Jacobs type, 6' 250+ pounder to get the tough yards and a new center/guard combo on the right side

9. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

Yeah I'm all for drafting a QB in the 4th and the rest of the draft being nothing but defense!

QB's I'd like the Texans to draft in the 4th if they happen to be there... (In no specific order)

Chase Daniel, Cullen Harper, Graham Harrell, Nate Davis, and Zac Robinson.

If there's a QB that you think is awesome that I didn't put in that list, it's probably because I think they'll be gone before the 4th round.

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

It's true though. It's not like our offense doesn't move the ball, just the QB turns it over.

The Defense on the other hand has been the part of the team that other teams have been able to have their way with.

11. BuffaloglennTX

BuffaloglennTX Rookie

Or the one! I couldn't resist completing the quote. Unless we solve our issues at C and RG, it won't matter who our QB is (short of someone named manning). And, unless we can get a few stops on defense, we can't expect to win many games in the NFL by outscoring people. That may work in college, but not with the big boys.

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Rosencopter for DC?

Kill two birds with one stone?

13. nut

nut All Pro

We usually draft defense first and we still stink at defense.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

So, if we draft all offense the D will get better?

15. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I just vomitted a little in my mouth

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

"Of all the souls I've encountered, Richard Smith's defense was the most.... H-U-M-A-N," he said while weeping.

17. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

I fail to see the logic here.

QB is not the issue on our team and while some of you guys on here are harping on the 2 oline positions, there is little doubt that the real issue is defense. Even when our QB play hasnt produced alot of turnovers in games Minus the Cinci game, our Defense has still given up 30 ppg. Wholesale changes on Defense need to be made

We already have a QB for 09, we dont need to go looking for another one.

So lets change the thread title to the obvious issue: We need a Defense in 09!

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I think you have to give Schaub the chance to show what he can do, but at the same time, you can't hamstring the organization. I think the team has to draft a QB this year to groom. Best case scenario, we end up in a Brees/Rivers situation. If not, hopefully one of them will be worth a damn.

19. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Not to say our defense isn't crappy, but when we have a QB/team that turns the ball over as much as we do, alot of those points come from the other team getting the ball in great field position and/or returning it.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

The problems this team has on offense are QB related .... especially in the redzone. Schaub just doesnt have any feel for when its time to get .... as in out or rid of the ball .... Rosencptor takes too many chances that lead to turnovers and makes some poor reads which lead to more turnovers.

They do fine between the 20's but when they get in the RZ , when the heat goes up .... we all know what happens.

For Schaub , replacing the C and RG MIGHT help some by extending the time he has to stand in the pocket ... but it wont solve all the problems.

Sage needs to go to the Wizard of Oz and get himself a brain ..... his problems arent fixable otherwise.

I think the bigger issue for Schaub is staying on the field .... again leading back to his taking some hard hits from lack of knowing when ..... to get out of the pocket or get rid of the ball. (outside of maybe the JA hit). Is it the OL or is it on Schaub ? Only one way to find out , fix the RG and C spots and throw him out there again next season. But if he goes down again .... do we stick w/ Sage (please no!) , find a vet backup or pick up a QB somewhere in the middle of this draft? I'd like to do both of the latter depending on who's available from the 4th round on. But that (fixing the C and RG) kinda limits some picks that could be spent on the defense .... Ugh it has to be fixed.

I just dont see being able to fix both the OL and Defense in one offseason. Best bet for this team is to pick up a vet backup who has started in the NFL and who fits the system for next season. Fix the Defense during this offseason. Unless someone you have rated extremely high falls in your lap on the offensive side of the ball.