We lost this game because....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by prostock101, Sep 25, 2011.

1. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

...our defense is not as good as we hoped it was. We got no pressure on Brees and he is a great QB that will eventually find his receivers.

Ask any team in this league if they'd take 33 points and over 450 yards of offense before you start the game and I guarantee they would all take it without question.

Offense is fine. Defense needs to get better.

We're 2-1 and it's a long season. The naysayers need to get a grip......

2. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

The Saints scored more points than we did.

3. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

You mean it wasn't Schaub? Or Koobs calling the INT play? Or Tate getting stuffed every time he ran inside the 20's? Man I'm confused :kitten:

4. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

We lost this game because of a variety things. It's not fair to place the blame on one aspect of the team.

thunderkyss likes this.
  5. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

yes BUT, well there is no but. We need to step it up on defense in the 2nd half. First half good blitz packages lots of pressure, the 2nd half no blitz and no pressure.

6. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

We lost b/c we did not have a healthy AF, in rhythm crossing his defenders and scoring in the redzone.

Lack of this celebration, = loss.

[​IMG]

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

A poster that identifies what is wrong is not necessarily a naysayer. We were up by 9 points in 4th and defense just ran out of gas. Matt was all over the place with his passes, KJ gave up a TD that could have been defended. AJ should have gotten a call on the goal line pass but did not....

I said 15-1 but thought loss would be Steelers. I now think we can take them if Wade can get the DBs to play a bit better.

8. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

our red zone offense put our 2nd half deffense in a bad position

9. Atl Cav

Atl Cav Veteran

Wow....Some sanity prevails. We have 10 more games to win.

10. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

My point was being directed at all the blame being placed on Schaub and Kub.

We lost a shootout against a very good Saints team on their turf. If we could have gotten a couple stops we win the game.

That being said, I think our defense will have a better showing against teams that are not as good offensively as the Saints which is pretty much the rest of our schedule.

My biggest concern is KJ........

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's definitely one of the keys..... But that pressure you're taking abut, wasn't there in the second half. We need to find out what happened there. When the Saints went 5 wide, we didn't have an answer.

12. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

KAREEM JACKSON.

There are many contributing factors, but the underlying truth is when the game was on the line, Brees was able to throw on KJ with zero concern. First down, first down, first down.. score!

If not for Kareem, this game is won handily by the Texans.

EllisUnit likes this.
  13. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

best reason i heard all day

14. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

I'd say our defense is average...not great or elite yet which is obvious.

Today's game showed that.

15. Spled

Spled All Pro

Giving away 2 2 point conversions didn't help. A negative 5 yard drive with the game on the line isn't exactly clutch play. Even the last td to Walter was Schaub trying to throw an interception.

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

That is because at the half or shortly there after, NO identified K-Jack as a total loss at DB and that they could take advantage of him at will. From that point on, Wade stopped trying to pressure, because K-Jack had been found out to not hold up in man for even a couple of seconds. Drew is just too good at finding his guy and too quick in getting the ball out of his hand once he does. The back end HAS to be able to hold up for 2-3 seconds in man if you're going to bring the pressure and against a good quick slant receiver ....... we are toast.

17. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Really? Is that what you saw? Wow dude, you are way off if you think they were picking on K-Jax....... Brees picked on everybody in the 2nd half. JJo got beat for multiple passes, but if we can't get pressure on the QB up the middle then nothing else will matter. Brees was way too comfortable in the 2nd half. Blitzes weren't getting to him at all.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I'd have to give part a large part of the blame to an offense that couldnt get the job done in the red zone. They have had that problem a lot this year.

The defense giving up 30 in the second half .... omg flashbacks to last year. :gun:

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Exactly, one side sets up the other. The offense takes advantage of the defense playing well early and gets way up on the Saints (TD's instead of FG's) and later in the game the defense can play from ahead and pin their ears back in this case. It's all tied together.

20. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Although I place this loss squarely on Kubiak, some of the things me and a few others have noticed in the first 2 games with the defense came back to haunt us today. The inconsistent pass rush, the secondary, giving up big plays through the middle of the field are some of them.