We drafted TJ

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BuffSoldier, Sep 18, 2005.

1. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

We drafted Travis Johnson, who in 2 games hasnt made one tackle. We could have had DJ, who every boby wanted but no. Most people thought the DJ fans were stupid, thinking that he could never fall to us, but now I think the coaching staff is stupid for passing up opportunity when it knocked.

I personally would rather have drafted Matt Jones. He would at least start.

2. platnumdelgado

platnumdelgado Rookie

Lets give the coaching staff a little credit for drafting. They got Davis in the 4th round and he's better than alot of first round backs in the league. D-Rob should have been defensive rookie of the year and Andre is a top 10 reciever (If they pass more to him) in the league. If Carr is protected he's very good. About Travis Johnson, It's only been two games. Let's give him a little bit more time.

3. Fletch

Fletch Rookie

Our front office is ran by morons. Our OL has been deplorable every season, yet they make no serious additions. For that alone Cass should be canned.

We run a 3-4, where LB's are the key to your sucess and we pass on DJ, to sign a one year wonder who had character issues.

We take a FLA reciever with the first pick of the second round despite the fact that ANY goon with a clue knows Fla Wr's were propped up by Spurriers system. We could have had Clinton Portis with that pick.

Pitts, Wand, Joppru, Gafney, TJ....

What about free agency? We let our heart and soul go (Sharper and Glenn), do nothing to replace the LB's (Foreman included) except cross our fingers Babin and Peek would finally get a clue... and we get a knucklehead without a positive track record to replace an pro's pro who's been amoungst the best at his position for years.

Adios casserly...

4. platnumdelgado

platnumdelgado Rookie

What do you think we should do with him? I personally want to trade him for something, maybe Aaron Glenn. I know they won't because they want more "speed" on the field. Just something, he's horrible. We got riped off in that trade.

5. Fletch

Fletch Rookie

For one, Carr is no lock to be considered a good pick. It could go either way. TJ was a moron pick from the jump.

Andre and D-rob are legit, but is battin .500 in top 15 picks really something to be proud of? Anyone who follows college ball could hit 50-50 with a pick that high.

Our second round and beyond is whats truly deplorable. And even DDavis isnt enough to overlook that fact. Gaffney, Babin, Pitts, Wand, Joppru?

6. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

Great post..very thoughtful analysis..they have done a poor job overall and have not used the good young talent properly

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Just for the record, Babin was a 1st rounder, Wand was taken in the 3rd.

8. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Hopefully we draft the right person in the upcoming draft, since we will have the first pick :embarrass

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Well, since your first sentence is wrong, let's just put everything else down as wrong as well.

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

TJ was one of the only ones I saw getting any pressure on Ben, though I didn't watch much of the 4th quarter...It has been said on this board a million times, linemen in the 3-4 are supposed to tie up blockers, not get loads of sacks and tackles...

11. mes311

mes311 Rookie

These teams are 0-2 as well: Green Bay, Minnesota, San Diego, Arizona, and Baltimore. The only team that has really looked much better than us is San Diego.

12. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

the vikes are not that hot either.

13. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

Can we please stop the DJ worship????? The dude was an excellent college player, he has looked decent so far. I personally think he will not amount to much in the NFL, but that is my personal opinion that could end up being wrong.

Nevertheless, the endless pining over the softy is sickening!!! He does not play for us, and will not play for us during the current regime. :brickwall

14. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

just decent? 9 tackles a sack and a forced fumble?

You realize what the stat line was for Babin this week? 0 tackles 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles.

He has outperformed our entire LB crew in only 1 game.

AND EVERYONE SAW IT COMING

15. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Why all the negtavity on Pitts? The guy was a 3rd round pick, and has played every offensive snap in the history of the team.

16. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

I think that speaks more to how bad our guys stink, rather than DJ to Pro Bowl.

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Yeah, everyone saw it coming, everyone can predict the future I guess...You guys see DJ putting up stats and now everyone is here saying "I said it all along we should have drafted DJ." I bet you wouldn't be saying this now if DJ hadn't done anything yet. Well where were all of you in the preseason when DJ had 1 tackle I think...Gimme a break, I guess all of you should be NFL GM's...Uh oh, DJ just recovered a fumble in the Chiefs game, I guess that makes him God now...

18. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

DJ just recovered a fumble. Half a quarter in.

19. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

you must be kidding me, anyone that watched this guy in college knew he was a cant miss prospect.

A GREAT character guy, a leader, a physical specimen, a nose for the ball. Man what a risky pick!

If being able to recognize a talent like him is hard, then jesus they must not watch them play.

20. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Guess he is a lock for the Pro Bowl now...