We Don't Need Bush!!!!!!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by fantexans, Jan 3, 2006.

1. fantexans

fantexans Guest

All of you so called fans that think the Texans need Reggie Bush must not watch much football. Yes Bush may be the best player that may be in the draft but the Texans need to look at finding some better o-linemen should be the first thing to do. If they take Bush and don't do anything to fix the o-line then Bush will not do anything next year and they will be on the losing end of a lot of games again. The texans also need to get rid of the GM Chasserly aswell.
    :penalty: For all you pepole that were cheering for the Texans to lose over the last half of the season do not deserve to be called fans. You should always want your team (Texans) to go out and win every Sunday. If you cheer for the Texans to lose then you are not a fan at all.

2. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

whats wrong with us wanting to improve our team next year ? loseing is what put us in this position to even get the chance at a Bush or to trade him for more players to help improve the team . theres Free Agency for linemen I have noticed at least 4 good ones that can be picked up ( LeCharles Bentley Saints ) ( Steve Hutchinson Seahawks ) ( Kevin Shaffer, Falcons )( Kevin Barry Packers)
    why waste a 1st round pick on one ?

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'd like to thank you for bringing up 2 seperate topics which are not talked about enough on these boards. Nobody seems to be remotely concerned about whether or not we should have rooted for the Texans to win every game or whether we should draft that unheard of nobody Reggie Bush.

People, these are important topics and they need more attention. :)

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Just for ironies sake, however, I really like your thread title. Hehehe!

Soon, every thread title in the Bull Pen will read:

We can't pass on talent like...

We don't need Reggie!!!

Reggie is God!!!

I want to marry Reggie!

Shut up!

No, you shut up!!

DD is the answer

No, he's not!

Reggie can poop gold.

Trade the 1st pick.

You rooted against my team

We got the 1st pick

5. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Who says we have to get linemen with the first pick. please, we got the 33rd, 65th, and 66th pick. We can get linemen there too, not to mention free agency. And as for the second part, I was hoping Nedney made that kick in OT. Beating the 49ers in the last game of the year that meant nothing wouldn't do squat for us. Seriously 2-14 or 3-13, either way we would have had the worst record.

6. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I smell a vocal non-conformist. You won't last long here with that 'tude.

Oh yea, welcome to the board. Way to make friends out of the chute. :)

7. CITY CAT

CITY CAT Veteran

Lineman don't need to be amazing for Reggie. The Patriots whole offensive line wasn't picked in the 1st round. Look at the publicity they get, O-lineman doing commercials? You got to be kidding me.

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

And what happens if the Texans can't get a good enough trade offer? Would you expect them to spend #1 money on a #4 or #5 pick?

9. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Against the 49's I wanted the win. I mean was it too much to ask that we beat the worst team in the league. Dammit, if we had won we would have still had a shot at Bush. That win would have done a little bit for my pride. Matter of fact I think it would have been better all around if we had won. We would have had second pick, New Orleans would have picked Leinart we would have had Bush at the second paid a little less than if he had been 1st.

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Who is "you"? If I have to use the #1 pick, I want Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I wonder how 49er fans feel.. the team was in the running for the #1 pick all season and now have to pick 7th.. :cool:

for the record, I can eat crow.. I started a post last week that I really thought we would beat the 49ers. Yet I am curious on how hurt AJ and Carr were .. I wonder because someone posted during the game that Carr went out yet was tossing a football on the sidelines ..hmm

12. UGA

UGA Rookie

zzz

13. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Everyone is riding the sarcasm train. At least I am not alone. :redtowel:
    Pulse of board will either be :yahoo: or :brickwall or :crying:

Wait, it already is.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That's OK. They can still have him for all their other picks, lol. Bet they wish they hadn't made those picks (int.) now.

15. feebleminded

feebleminded .

LOL One of the funniest things I have read today.

16. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

and how many of those top FA's will want to come to the Texans. The Texans couldn't get any of them last year and they were a better team then. What makes you think any of them would want to come here now?

At what picks do you take the O-Linemen we need? How about the LB's, Safeties, CB's, and TE's we need? We need more than one of each, and I didn't even mention the WR that everyone thinks we need. Where do you get all of these guys? If you tie all of that money up in FA's, do you have enough for Reggie? Or if you save the money for Reggie's contract, do you have enough to get any decent FA's? You tell me.

17. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

How do you know we need all of the above? We got talent, it just hasn't been utilized to the extent in which we needed. Part of footbal is developing players you got into better players. You can't draft everything you want in one draft and we're not going to do that.

18. BattleRedGuy

BattleRedGuy Rookie

Logan Mankins, 1st round pick 2005. I believe started every game at guard. He is not in the commercial. Must be a rookie thing.

Anyway, it shows if you pick to fill needs on the first day, instead of "best player available", they should contribute from day one.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

exactly people think that if we trade bush the "hershel walker" scenerio is going to happen and were going to fix all our holes and the guy they expect to do it is the man they've been trashing all year and still continue to, Mr. Casserly. Hey we should of fired Casserly, oh well he'll be able to handle a trade down and pick up atleast 5 starters with those picks. Its not going to happen, its going to take more than one draft. First of all we don't even know what all our holes are. Last year we were 7-9 and alot of people were excited about this year thinking we were going to make a playoff push. This year EVERYBODY had a down year from our qb to our kicker. If your whole team lays an egg alot of that is coaching.

20. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

you need help