We are Loser #5 on ESPN

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Mar 8, 2007.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

So much for another example of Clayton's intelligence. So the Texans with limited cap space are bigger losers than the Titans with huge cap space and so far their net is loss of their #1 receiver and #1 RB--gotcha John.

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Why isnt Tennessee #1? They have all that money and they have'nt done a thing....

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Didn't they also lose Bobby Wade?? & Chris Brown as well??

5. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

It is credible if you

1. Find anything that John Clayton says as important.

2. Care about espn analyists have to say.

3. and dont have a clue what the current FO is trying to do.

I am quite happy with the moves in FA and we are seeing some real progress done, without paying stupid prices for them.

6. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The only thing I don't like is the Moulds release, but without being privy to his demands, who knows if it is on the FO or on the player

7. Spike

Spike Veteran

Until we turn things around, the national media is going to continue to pile on the Texans. We are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

8. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

QFT Until we do something that grabs people's attention, I don't think we will ever stop hearing from them.

9. macaronitoni

macaronitoni Rookie

We Lost a legitimate number 2 wide receiver, have done nothing (before today, which even that is not nearly enough) to better our two worst areas, offensive line, and secondary which we lost a guy there as well. Oh and not to mention we still have Carr and nobody wants him. The only positive to this offseason thusfar is Green and he alone won't turn us around.

As far as the Titans are concerned, they haven't done anything stupid. Holding onto money isn't exactly a bad thing. Its only been a week.

10. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Sports Illustrated > ESPN
    NFL Network > ESPN
    That dog turd at the bus stop > ESPN

11. fdknuckles

fdknuckles Rookie

ESPN KNOWS NOTHING!!!!

Those desk jokeys at ESPN just follow the $money$

The Texans are moving...more than others. We are moving up, little by little, our "no name" hombres are going to move up until Manning, Schein, and Kiper are licking their wounds in Nov.

GET SOME TEXANS!!!

12. fdknuckles

fdknuckles Rookie

OOOPs...Jockeys

13. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Your right, they haven't spent the money they had while losing their top 2 RB's and #1 WR

14. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

you know this is why espn is espn and why the nfl network was created...it's a double-edge sword when you ask who the biggest winners of free agency are...to me it's not the teams it's the players...because we've seen it too many times that when a player gets paid then his production all of a sudden starts to fall...sometimes this is because the player only excelled on the team that they were originally on...and sometimes it's because since they got their big signing bonus they're simply not as hungry as they were before the big payday

that's why i'm glad we didn't go after the big name guys...that's why you see teams like new england constantly in the playoffs...because they don't overpay for guys...because they don't always go after the big time players unless they know they fit their system

we've seen first hand what happens when you go after names...*cough todd wade cough*...most of the time it just doesn't work

15. GTFan

GTFan Rookie

So, we're a top 5 loser because we still have Carr on the roster? We're losers b/c we didn't trade for Plummer? We're losers b/c it's March and we're not entirely sure who our QB is going to be in Sept? Pretty harsh. I didn't expect us to be on this list.

16. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

1 - SI also has questioned the Texans' offseason, particularly the Green signing. Though everyone agrees the Texans need a RB, Green's age (30) and his signing ($8 mil) are considered big negatives.

2 - I still think Moulds wanted out and that if the Texans hadn't let him go, they would be dealing with a Lance Briggs situation.

3 - Coming out of last year's offseason, the big winner was considered Cleveland, who hired a lot of guns and fixed their o-line woes with the Bentley signing. Surely, Cleveland would do well in 2006.

4 - One pattern I have noticed is that the Texans don't like getting "sandwiched" into a deal. They know it is easy to do to them this year, but have done everything possible to avoid it. Think not trading for Plummer and signing Green when it is starting to look like AP has a reasonable chance of falling to the Texans.

5 - I think the Green signing is awesome. Green will make holes (BYOBlocker) like Dayne did, only better. Batman is also a good running blocker, which the Texans have always lacked. He knows the system. For the situation the Texans are in, it is one of the best pick-ups they could have made, and I applaud it.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Hold on a sec, How the hell is Tamp Bay a "winner", they signed a old QB (I'm not sold on Garcia, too many bad Lions and Browns games), traded for one that won't even report, signed a Ancient DE, and signed a "okay" LT.

18. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Made headlines. JMO, but if they drafted Plummer to trade to the Texans, then they royally messed up.

19. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

We are a week into FA...

shakes head in disgust

20. Low Life

Low Life Rookie

Yes. A week. I couldn't have expressed my emotions more elaborately on a valentine's day card to to my one true love.