Way to go Dunta!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CDNTexansFan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. CDNTexansFan

CDNTexansFan GloverQuinFan

You make national headlines for holding out and then for writing dumbass comments on your cleats. Then tonight you come out and play one of the most pathetic games of your career on Monday Night Football. The country now knows you are nothing but a joke.

You should be absolutely embarrassed. That was a disgusting display out there on the field tonight. Way to prove to everyone that Rick Smith was completely right in not giving you the fat contract you wanted. Maybe it's cause you knew something the rest of us didn't, you can't bloody cover anymore.

False Start likes this.
  2. StevieWonder

StevieWonder Rookie

Every time we play I see a reason not to resign him.

3. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

YES.

I would cut Dunta before Kris Brown. He was good for his one Pass Interference Call per game ass ussual. Missed a 10 million dollar Int. and wiffed at least once if memory serves.

4. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Gave up tons of big plays.

VY threw him a pass, no catch.

Burned by Britt for a TD.

I know there was another huge mistake he made and can't remember.

5. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

That franchise tag is looking a great deal now.

Yeah, we're paying him 9 mil to get burnt now, but at least we're not paying him a gazillion to get burnt for the next 5-6 years.

6. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

My Thoughts Exactly!.

7. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Seriously!

That dropped pick...C'Mon Man.

Anyone who doesn't live in Austin, you can at least listen to sports radio tomorrow without more VY jock licking. Here, it will be Jon Gruden BJ's for vince part Duex by all the local radio hosts and most likely no more Texans on TV.

Be thankful you do not live in this place.

8. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

like i posted in another thread:

anyone going to miss dunta next year? i know i sure as hell wont. covering like petey, (non)tackling like bennett and catching like troy williamson :rolleyes:

we need to bench his scrub ass like we did bennett and let quin and reeves start

9. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Dunta is the weakest link in the DB. Quin didn't get thrown at anymore that entire game whereas Dunta was constantly picked on.

10. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Ya Dunta is done. We now know for sure that CB is one of our top priorities of the offseason. He looked terrible out there tonight.

11. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

It's going to be a long week for us fans

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

The other one you are thinking about was a Vince Young run for like 15 yards on 3rd where he took a horrible angle inside and let him make him look like a fool

13. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I only saw him give up 3 receptions, and 2 defensive holding calls. 1 hold they didn't show (phantom call), and the other the receiver ran straight into him; AKA horse shit.

The INT would have been a tough catch for a WR, and there's a reason the guy is playing defense.

The TD pass was on a route that is very difficult to cover man to man without help. It's a drag route clear across the field, in a situation where you have to defend everything short, and the corner fade. That's why I like zone defense inside the 10.

He has clearly lost his edge in run support. I can't defend the BS tackle attempts he's had this season. They've just been ugly.

14. Esoom

Esoom Veteran

Dunta and Kris Brown screwed all the people on this team that were playing their asses off tonight. They owe a big apology to a Mr. Brian Cushing and a Mr. Andre Johnson, and nearly every other player on the roster.

15. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Send Antonio Smith packing with Dunta. Elbowing Mawae in the side was very embarrassing for this team on national tv. He made the Texans look really bad along with their piss poor overall play.

16. Scooter

Scooter Funky

the INT hit him dead on, a safety wearing a cast should've caught that.

the TD route showed me that dunta has lost what made him truely special and that is (what used to be) his insane closing speed. dunta was 2 steps behind when the receiver broke into his route and was 3 steps behind at the catch. dunta's market was his willingness to hit, and before injury dunta had arguably the best closing (5-10yd) burst of any DB in football.

despite praise, dunta's never been a good tackler. he's been a great hitter, but the two are far from exclusive.

finally, has dunta had a game he HASNT been penalized this season? cut bait texans, there's equivelant or better on the market next season for a fraction of the cost.

Kaiser Toro and Cjeremy635 like this.
  17. Statis22

Statis22 Top Billin

Truuuuueee story.

18. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I agree that Dunta needs to go. I think he has become a liability on the run defense. There were several Chris Johnson plays that went for several more yards because Dunta picked bad angles. I think CB should be one of our top priorities in the offseason.

19. JayCee

JayCee Veteran

great move by the front office not to sign this guy long term.

20. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

When did a sideways flying INT become so easy even a safety with a cast on his hand could make it?

This has been DR's best season as a cover man. He's giving up far fewer receptions, yards and TDs than he ever did before the injury. 2007 he was average or worse.

He wasn't a good wrap up tackler, but when he hit people it was usually the end of the play. Now he is just a poor tackler.

There is most definitely not better out there for less. You either have to spend a first rounder and develope the player over years, make a trade, or spend crazy jack in Free Agency.