Watt vs DeAndre

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DX-TEX, Sep 27, 2013.

1. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...885223/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Being mentored by Dre and JJ. I got your "beast mode" right here.

silvrhand likes this.
  2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Saw that, good read. Gotta love those two.

3. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Enjoyed the read, thanks for posting.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Saturday? They're lifting weights on the day before a game?

Well, whatever works.

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Believe it's a Friday.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Check this out...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9723118/nfl-deandre-hopkins-leads-mel-kiper-rookie-rankings

:)

If only we didn't have to wait until Andre exits the game before Schaub starts throwing his way. :kubepalm:

7. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

DocBar likes this.
  8. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

:mariopalm:

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

He's had 2 concussions and they didn't come in succession like what happened to Collie or Best. I'll start to worry if he gets dinged again this year. I used to box and have probably suffered what the NFL would call today.. 3 concussions. Collie and Best were down every time they got tagged.

If he goes down again this year with a head injury, my red flag will go up, because it'll be coming right off the heels of the one he just had. Right now I'm not that worried, especially since I think the one that happened in preseason was more precautionary. If it was the regular season I doubt he would've been held out. Dre and Prior's hits were way more vicious (especially Prior), but since it was the "regular season".. they made "great strides during the week" :rolleyes: The NFL has lawyered up in the way they treat these injuries, but they haven't changed a thing.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't know if I agree with the 5 year vet thing, but he looks to be as big a part of our offense as Julio Jones was in his second year. He's already getting more targets than OD... love OD, but we need a true #2WR & I'm glad to see Matt's looking at Hop like a true option.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

This sounds like the people thinking Matt has a "propensity" for throwing pick 6s... history doesn't bear this out & Matt is pretty good about protecting the football in general.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

12. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

DHop getting more catches will only loosen the coverage on OD.

If Kubiak/Dennison will actually evolve and attack a defense with the passing game, this will result in more catches for all receivers and ope up this offense against any defense. Run to pass or pass to run becomes viable in any situation. Attack the defense instead of react to it.

DHop has everything you want to see in a rookie and I'm McLovin' the hell out of it. I'd bet a decent amount of money that by this time next year, DHop will battle JJ to a draw in the weight room. Both want to be the best at what they do. Watt appears to be somewhat influenced by Cush and DHop is being influenced by Watt. Greats trying to outdo greats. Championships are made with this synergy.

13. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Gotta get your lift on. That's how you get stronger.

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think the "struggles" we're seeing on offense are a direct result of Kubiak "evolving" our offense right before our eyes. By week 5 or 6 we'll start gel'n

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but LeStar jean didn't step foot on the field vs Tennessee.... it was Posey. Pretty soon, he'll be the third WR to see the field & we'll only see Martin in 4 wide situations & in case of injury to one of the top 3.

Hopkins getting catches over OD Is much better for our offense than just "freeing up" OD.. Right now Hop is averaging 13.5 ypc...... Kevin Walter only averaged more than 13 ypc once in his career, 2008 (15 ypc)... that's going to increase the spacing for our offense for everyone, stretch the field. When Arian hits that cutback, the closest guy is going to be 10 yards behind the LoS covering a deep midrange zone.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Usually when a rook WR comes into the league he has to learn how to run routes. DeAndre Hopkins came equipped with the ability to run the entire tree.. Reason why he was described as the most NFL ready WR in the draft. What reservations do you have that make you disagree with the "5 year vet" statement? The dude has done and has exceeded everything that has been asked of him.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Still looks like he's trying to prove himself. He's confident in his ability (far as I can see) not so much confident in the "fact" that he belongs.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

:ahhaha: What??? A HOFer said Hopkins could be better than him and he's leading his entire draft class at his craft. I highly doubt he's "trying to prove himself" or has any doubts that 'he belongs". He's curenttly outperforming '5 year vets" on a daily basis

18. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

Personally, I'd like an entire roster of players with this mentality. They're hungry & won't be denied.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm not saying it as an insult. A 5 year vet acts a certain way. Hopkins doesn't so far. He carries himself better than a rookie..... very similar to the way Watt did his rookie year. But he's not acting like a 5 year vet.

Julio Jones is just coming to terms about his place on the team, about who he is in the NFL.

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

.. what! WTF are you talking about? :vincepalm: