Watching A&M play football is just like watching the Houston Texans.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Carr Bombed, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Of years past (I'm still holding out for hope that this year will be different), but seriously how do you Aggie fans do it? You are double punched from Saturday to Sunday.

Seriously is there something flawed with their (Houston and A&M's) philosophy/schemes that cause them to consistently play like this, because this Aggie team (regardless if they pull this game out or not) is A CARBON COPY of what Texan fans have had to deal with over the years.

The ability to blow any lead, no matter how late in the game.

The inability to make "the play" to seal a game.

The ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

The inability to win any "big game".

And the blatant display of a lack of mental toughness.

My respect for Aggie fans just went up 10 fold, I don't know how y'all do it. Just watching the Texans alone over the past couple of seasons (again, still hoping this year is different, but that Saints game was déjà vu all over again) has already given me a ulcer and caused me to pull my hair out. I don't know if y'all are either the toughest S.O.B.'s on this board or just sick sadistic bastards who enjoy punishment. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    BeerTastesLikeVictory likes this.
  2. BeerTastesLikeVictory

BeerTastesLikeVictory Custom Title

I swear I was coming on here to basically post the exact same thing. Maybe the Kubiak anti Mojo rubbed off too much on Sherman.

3. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I dunno, I'm kinda desensitized to it after years of incompetence and failure. The team always finds a way to fail, and I don't know why. Maybe it's recruiting, maybe it's coaching, but it's pretty sad.

4. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

At least Christine Michael is representing our alma mater West Brook High School well. That fumble was costly, but can't wait to see him in the NFL. He's really bulked up.

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Ouch, I just found out they lost. For some weird reason Dish Network blocked out the game with a few minutes left.

Sorry A&M fans. The sad thing is, is that A&M team has talent everywhere this year (just like Houston has had), but for some reason they just can't put it together and get over the hump (sounds familiar doesn't it?) My god, I hope this isn't a precursor of things to come in Houston this season. I don't think I can take another season like that.

6. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Seems like A&M has had a tough time with the big name opponents since RC Slocum replaced Jackie Sherrill......especially the ones outside of Texas.

I'm not sure what their record is against ranked opponents after Jackie Sherrill, but I'd bet it hasn't been good. I expect more of the same in the SEC unless they bring in a new coach with a personality.

7. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Insult to the Texans, as we will get better at some point.

aTm will be the SEC's doormat for decades.

[​IMG]

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Same thing happened on DTV. It was time for them to switch to the GT-NC State game and it's blocked out here. I watched the rest of it on ESPN News.

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Is it really a insult though? IDK, watching them play it looks like a spot on comparison. When Gary Kubiak's Houston Texans look in the mirror, Mike Sherman's A&M team stares back at them. What conference they play in is kinda irrelevent, they do the same thing in the big 12.

10. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

its so frustrating because we've clearly outplayed both teams in the first half the past two weeks, but then the other team makes halftime adjustments and we can't respond/make our own adjustments. just embarrassing to see our teams get so completely outcoached in the second halves after owning the first.

11. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

C'mon man! Ketucky and Vanderbilt are in the SEC ya know?

12. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

A&M scored 20 points in the 1st half of the OSU game, and 35 in the 1st half of the Arky game. A&M scored 9 points in the second half of the OSU game (safety included), and 3 points in the second half of the Arky game.

A tale of two halves indeed...

13. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

And Baylor is suing for the doormat position.

14. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Coaches really earn their money in the 2nd half...Coach Sherman needs to give aTm a refund for the last couple weeks.

15. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

The SEC is what the old SWC conference used to be . Very talented and very dirty recruiting . A&M better call Jackie Sherrill .

16. Ranger Tom

Ranger Tom Hall of Fame

Texas Tech has been having problems when starting the game, now I hear that A&M has been having problems when ending the game. Next week ought to be an interesting game.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Sherman is one of Garys mentors and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

On that 4th and 1 at midfield I was thinking what would Gary do? They're both conservative and unwilling to take chances. You can win games this way. But you wont win games against good teams with this philosophy. Poor Aggies.....

18. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Thanks for the respectful post, CB. Yeah, Saturdays and Sundays over the years have been like getting drawn and quartered. It has been a brutal existence.

Mike Sherman is a joke. I daresay he is a worse coach than Kubiak. The only reason that guy is even remotely thought highly of in football circles is because he had the luck of coaching a top 10 all time QB in Favre. Watching him every week is like having my testicles removed. A&M giving the guy an extension is the ultimate shot to the gonads.

What's so sad is the team has the talent, finally. I truly believe with an Urban Meyer or Les Miles, or hell even a Mack Brown, A&M would be a championship contender. Instead, they will probably be Cotton Bowl bound once again just to get their faces stomped in the ground once again.

I'm sick of these gray haired, old ****tards the Aggies have trumpeted out at head coach. Even RC was terrible because he couldn't coach an offense to save his life. Then there was the failed Fran experiment. And now we have Fran 1.1 in Mike Sherman.

Can you see why I am truly trying to talk my heart into loving another team? Lornhorns, Tigers, Crimson Tide, I don't care. Just someone that can win a freaking big game or two.

19. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

... and you guys have this to look forward to from now on in the SEC. Does it get more redneck/inbred than this??

[​IMG]

Heath Shuler likes this.
  20. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame