Waste of time or a thought?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Cheroqui, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Cheroqui

Cheroqui Veteran

I was wondering what some of you thought about trying a vet or free agent as a backup HB if someone doesn't work out. Take Eddie George or Trung Candidate for example. Is that a waste of time or a try it once type of deal? As far as player like Eddie is he like Jerry Rice with a "time to give it up" situation, or could he get it done in certain situations if someone gives him a chance?
    I only ask because I know he's older now, but if you look at Ron Dayne from the Giants, now on Denver it looked like he was going to be a sad story but now he is starting to move. Maybe because Fassel and Coughlin didn't let him play; but then again anyone can run behind Denver's line.

What do you think about it?

2. Crank_It_Up

Crank_It_Up Veteran

I think we should look at some track and field athletes, the high jumpers in particular. Since the 0-line won't be opening up any holes, a high jumper might be the only hope.

3. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Run blocking isnt gonna be the trouble this year. The line is built for it, but pass blocking leaves a ...little to be disired.

4. LBblitz

LBblitz Veteran

I mean no disrespect by this but I think that the RB position is the least of our team's worries...