Was this the worse loss in franchise history?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Brando, Oct 5, 2008.

?

Was this the worse loss in franchise history?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2008.
  1. Yes

69.5%
  2. No

30.5%
  1. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

2. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

Unquestionably.

But only the second worst in the history of Houston pro football.

3. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Without a doubt.

4. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Worst. Loss. Ever.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  5. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Hell, it's WORSE if you're counting point margin vs. time remaining.

6. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

IMHO NO!! The loss to Tenn at home year before last when VY made that TD and announced I OWN THIS HOUSE!! I will never forget that loss!! One of the most emotional games I had been to in YEARS!!! I rarely cry after a football game, but, I bawled like a stupid id*ot after that one. A horrible feeling stayed with me for weeks. Todays loss just makes me sad, simply because I believe our boys are so much better than their record, and they're having a hard time pulling it together. I will not give up on them, I just can't do that!!

Brando likes this.
  7. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I think it's easily the worst loss. I've been a fan from day one, like most of you guys - and I can't think of one that hurt worse than this one.

The OT loss to VY was pretty bad, but this one I thought was worse.

8. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Good point! I would have to rank that game ahead of this one also!

I still love my Texans, it's just ashamed we can't hold on to leads.

9. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

That was a tough loss...but we were in a kind of 'Rebuilding' state and how things played out...Mario was the right pick :shades:

This loss hurts so much because it seems like we're just destined to lose. After that loss it just makes it seem like we are indeed the Cardinals, the Cubs, the Grizzlies...just another team that is destined to lose year in and out. I hope it's not true, I hope we are building something special but....

10. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I shut that VY OT home game out of my mind completely. Come to think of it, that may have been worse. Oh well.

11. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

this hurt worse than the entire 2-14 season

so much hope destroyed by one jump

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I voted yes before I read SheTexan's post, but I had somehow put that game out of my mind with all of Vince Young's antics as of late. I would say this game and that Titans games are without a doubt the two worst loses in our brief history.

13. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

Amen to that G'ma. Fantastic post.

14. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I think it's worse because ... in my mind anyway ... we've slid back into being a bunch of underachieving losers .

The Redskins with a new HC and a QB who's never played in the WCO ... have lost one game .

Miami ... who had the 1st pick and a new coach ... have beaten the Patriots and Chargers .

Atlanta ... much better with a new coach and a rookie QB I think their 3-2 .

We are grouped with the Chiefs , Lions , Bengals , and the other teams that have bad organizations.

15. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

Its all big Bob I am telling you this guy just wants the cash because he doesnt care about winning otherwise some a** would be gone by now and f stability.

Skins - owner that spends tons of money makes horrible mistakes with FA but cares about winning

Miami - Wayne had to sell parts of his franchise because the team kept sucking and he was losing fans so he writes blacnk check to Bill(I know who to build a winning team just look at the Cowboys) Parcells

Falcons - Blank is a top class owner who wants to win no matter what and he made the right choice in getting a guy who is all about hyping his team up and not looking like snuffy and coming off like a zombie

16. Htownsportsfan

Htownsportsfan All Pro

I know few will agree but I say not even close! While this lose was inexcusable and ridiculous in what occured we kicked the Colts Ass for 55 minutes! We made sacks, broke up passes, hell I think I even saw an aging Ahman Green have some 8 and 9 yards gains. Slaton, enough said!

This loss sucked and seems foolish as I watched Colinsworth and crew wonder what Sage was thinking it is not as bead to me as looking like a JV team out their.

VY in our house, being dismantled by the Seahawks on sunday night, KC anyone, Favre comeback, the freakin bills and Lee Evans two 83 yard TD's. As Texan fans we have had more than our fair share but to me this one is just inconceivable

Thats right Vizzini I said inconceivable!

17. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

That is exactly how it feels to me. It feels like it will take a few years to turn this ship around.

18. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

It's sad that I can remember more bad losses than I can remember good wins in this franchise's history. But the fact that I accept it might be worse.

19. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

Its got to be, its a horrible loss at a horrible time. We had a chance to go 1-3 along with the colts in a division and league that'll have some low records in the playoffs this year. We needed this win. But TBH I can still see us making the playoffs if we win the next 3......

20. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

What about the Steve Mcnair to Bennett (I think) at the end of the game at Reliant a few years back? That one hurt too.