Want to apologize to board for hating on Mario during 2006 draft

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFight, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

I lost it last year before the draft. I am a Horn and wanted VY and was disappointed in us passing him. I showed up at Reliant to boo the pick.

I want to apologize to the board and Mario for doing that. He has been great so far this year and is playing like the #1 player in the draft. He has been dominant with an active motor. I am glad he is on our team.

From what I have heard, he is a great guy and a very nice person. Best of luck Mario and the team

2. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Good Job on taking your crow. I've seen a poster just disappear ever since Mario began to improve...

Also VY showed up today...but Bush...not so much. 10 carries, about 20 yards, and averaged 2 yards a carry...

3. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I wanted VY too, however knew they weren't going to pick him. I nearly fell of my chair in laughter when I learned the Texans were taking Mario (the night before the draft). I was not laughing at the pick, I was laughing because I was estatic they weren't taking Bust .. eerrrr Bush. I was also thinking of all those annoying post by pro Bush posters. I have felt from day 1 that Bush wouldn't be a great player in the NFL however felt the Texans were going to fall for the ESPN hype. Despite not knowing much about Mario, I was relieved when they passed on Bush.

BTW, Bush had 27 yards and 2 fumbles today.

4. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Oh man 2 fumbles too...I didn't even notice those on the stat line...

Wow, I remember a guy saying "There is no way Bush has two bad games..." well he just did.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Wow, Bush doesn't look so good now. I remember after a Texans loss late in the 2-14 season (the Jets maybe) that I actually called the post game wrap-up show and said we should trade the pick for extra picks. Matt Jackson didn't agree but the other guy (Rich Lord?) did.

But, I'm glad that we have Mario and a DL that makes opponents nervous. Defense wins championships and we have a great core of talent to build around.

6. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

Maybe a sign at the game that just says "I'm Sorry" will do.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I was wanting the Texans to pick Reggie Bush, but I wasn't hating on the team for drafting Mario Williams like many others. I wasn't angry or pissed off when we drafted Mario. I could see the logic behind it and wasn't completely against it. I just would have preferred Reggie then. Glad Mario is proving everyone wrong.

8. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Our DL is playing F'ing great!!!!!

:d: :d: :d: :d: :d:

I can't wait for next Sunday. Reliant Stadium is going to be ROCKING.

9. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

thats your best post ever. showing up at the stadium to boo a player you know nothing about and havent gave a chance to show how he will do is not a good thing, at least your admitting you were wrong.

10. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Apology accepted.

It gonna be hilarious to hear everyone talk about what geniuses we were for not taking the running quarterback or the scatback.

11. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

I was in this same boat. I guess since it was announced a day earlier...I cooled off and thought about it. I am never going to hate on Mario, once he became a Texan, I supported him.

Like I told Apple. I am not a Mario lover, I understand his rookie season wasn't that great. What I am though is a Texan Fan, and I will defend him and root for him as long as he's on this team...bottom line. I know with all the "It takes 3 years to determine whether a guy is a bust or not." replies I made.

Thing is, with Travis just recently showing up (at least for one game) and Amobi having a break out game...Mario doesn't have to do too much...

12. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Makes you wonder whether or not Mario is elevating his fellow DL's game...

Food for thought.

13. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Could be, some guys actually got a sack because of Mario tonight, usually its the other way around.

14. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

maybe sam bowie was drafted last year after all.

15. htexfan

htexfan Rookie

I didn't mind the pick until mid season last year. Between then and the Dallas game in pre season this year I was disappointed. Mario is indeed coming on and I will admit that I was quick to judge. It's about attitude and confidence. He's got it for sure now. I love it! Katy bar the door!

16. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

IMO, no apology necessary. Your a fan, and it's your right to be critical of your team and express your opinion. Just don't be silly about it.

17. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

LOL. You guys made Cold Hard Football Facts this week.

Before last year's draft, the Texans had Dunta Robinson and nothing on that side of the ball, and that's one of the main reasons why the Texans were bad bad bad in 2005 instead of just expansion bad, hope to keep in close and win bad.

So there ya go.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Never wanted Young and never wanted Bush. So....yeah, I'm still happy.:specnatz:

19. TexanExile

TexanExile A New Hope

Just to clarify and explain why the fumbles didn't show up in some of the basic stat lines, Reggie the KR's 2 fumbles were not LOST...at least, not by his team. He dropped two, recovered one, and the second was recovered by a teammate.

(Still glad Houston passed him up)

TexansFight: awesome post. Just promise you won't ever wear a burnt-orange VY jersey to Reliant, OK? hehe :shades:

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I was not against Mario just wanted a trade down and LT. That was not possible and Carr (at that time) to me appeared able to make a turn around under Kubes. That left Bush who was considered by many as a possible great player and could be a game changer. He would possible add to the running game, end arounds and aid the passing game. Williams is our guy and should get our support.