Wali Lundy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JohnsonFan, Aug 15, 2007.

?

who should be number 2

1. wali lundy

14.1%
  2. s. gado

14.1%
  3. ron dayne

71.9%
  1. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

he is young and fast he need to train under green and learn how to use the run game correctly and lundy will one day be great here, i mean even last season wali was number 2 on the team in rushing stats he had 476 yards and 4tds in 8 started games, ok so think about it if he would have started 16 games he would have like 1000 yards and 8 td's, with that in mind compare him to a few rookies from last year as well:

Reggie Bush with 8 started games had 565 yards 6 tds so if he started 16 he would have had around 1200 yards and 12 td's, wow wali is up there with reggie, Lundy had more 20+ yard runs than one Reggie Bush. (4-0), wow crazy huh? no not really we just have to give this guy a chance, lets not let go off him cause it could end up like drew brees bad in SD amazing in NO so lets not risk that.

wali is very talented the texans organization for some reason is not going to utilize him this year or atleast that how it looks, Lundy and Andre Johnson are my two favorate texans, one is a probowler allstar the other hasnt proven him self yet and i know he will! I personally think wali is more talented than ron dayne and can back up ahman, it makes me angry though that after a great rookie season the texans wont use him!

2. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

I didn't see the burst out of Lundy that I know we could have had with Chris Taylor. I think Lundy is a good backup, but not an everyday starter.

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Dayne EANRED it last year, playing injured the last few games yet trying to carry the offense on his back. It's his to lose, IMO.

Texans Horror likes this.
  4. real

real Guest

This is easy. Dayne by a landslide.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I have always been a fan of Wali Lundy, and while I think Dayne is the better runner right now, I'd like to see Lundy get a lot more carries because I think his upside is quite a bit higher than Dayne's

6. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

Lundy's a versatile back and has the same caracteristics as Green while Dayne is more of a Jerome Bettis. Since Green's under a conctract for a few years look for Lundy to take the #3 from Gado who gets cut or traded. So look for Dayne to get the get more snaps than Lundy because of his short yardage ability but if Green goes down Lundy gets the nod because of his versatility.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Just because dayne is fat and slow doesn't mean that he is good at short yardage or scoring. Our horrible display by the goaline shoudl show that

You need a nose for the end zone or short yardage to be a short yardage/scoring guy. Like Green was a few years back, or how LT was last year. Neither of those guys are fat or slow

Dayne is good for 2-10 yards a carry, but just because of his size, eh's not guaranteed 1-2 yards every time

8. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

For a late-round rookie running back, Wali had a damn good season last year. That being said, I agree that Dayne has earned first shot at the #2 spot behind Green.

9. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

My concern with Dayne is his inconsistency. Denver was ready to crown him their starting job a few years ago. But then he got hurt. He came on big for us at the end of the year last year, no doubt. He's a big reason why we beat Indy. And he had an awesome game for Denver against the Cowboys a couple of Thanksgivings ago. But that's his problem. He's hit or miss. I don't know if it's weight, work ethic, injury, fatigue, devotion....... But until he proves he can consistently be there (which he hasn't done in the previous 7 years), I'm hesitant to rely on him.

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IMO, they are all mediocre at best. Obviously Dayne's already locked up the #2 RB anyways

This is why I pray Green stays healthy.:cool:

11. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

lundy's a good story, but dayne can grind out yardage.

12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Lundy had a couple of good games at mid-season last year. Then he disappeared. He didn't look all that great Saturday night either. He's looking like practice squad material as of right now.

I voted for Dayne, but I'd like to see more of Gado. He has a good combination of speed and power.

13. real

real Guest

It was really stupid to trade Morency. Said it at the time.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

From what I've heard, Morency is injured and losing his starting spot at GB.

15. real

real Guest

Doesn't mean he'd have been injured here.

Morency was the best RB that we had....

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He couldn't beat out Lundy in the preseason or camp though

Just because he looked OK in preseason and on the Packers doesn't mean he would have suceeed here

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

By the way, this poll really should be about the #3 RB spot.

18. real

real Guest

Save that jive...

Morency was a good back...

He couldn't beat out Lundy, yet the guy we traded him for could do it easily...LOL...think about what you're saying...

Teams don't make a tade with the idea of screwing themselves...

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think Dayne should grab the no. 2 at this point in time. Lundy has potential, but he's still got a lot to learn, IMO.

20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Morency was a better RB, but still average at best. Our whole RB group behind Green is average at best. Taylor showed potential but the rest...eh. IMO, we need to get an above average RB next season and not depend on "the system".:texflag: