Wakeup Call

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texas_Heat, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Texas_Heat

Texas_Heat Veteran

That's what this lost is I think they believed the hype that the media put out about them last week,it will teach them that they have to show up every week.
    :twocents:

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Let's just hope it translates to a non losing November and a win over the Colts this week.

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

The funny thing is that Carr had more passing yards than Jake Plummer.

4. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

That is often the case when a team is down. Plummer threw for 499 yards the week before playing us (against the Falcons). They lost that game by 13 points.

5. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

That's not funny at all. :rofl:

6. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Yeah... but half or so of his total was during the trash time at the end of the game.

What makes me wonder is he said something to the effect on 610 this morning that "we just gave up at the half". Not his EXACT words... but it was something that made me wonder what kind of 'tude was that?

I haven't seen them, but I think they need to junk those "why not us" shirts.. and play the game like it's supposed to be played. You win, the playoffs take care of themselves. Capers wasn't buying into the "p word" and I think he felt the team wasn't either... but with the shirts, kinda hard to argue.

Now, it's good to have the goals of playoffs... but you don't get there if you don't get the W's <end obvious statement>

7. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

I'm digging Carr not making mistakes, but we also need to see some TD's in the passing column. I don't care too much that he passed for more yards that Plummer, especially since Plummer had (4) TD's! Sorry DC, just letting the fans know the truth. Your still my franchise choice! :headbang:

8. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

yeah you see how lelie blew right past brown while brown was running in the same direction,,,i think brown just gave up on the play to early,,,no way that guy is THAT much faster than eric