Wade - Will he do it for us?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Thorn, Apr 29, 2011.

?

Will Wade get us to the playoffs?

1. yes

61 vote(s)
    84.7%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The first three picks are defensive players Wade wanted. So, looking forward to our season (if there is one) we have more to talk about now.

Do you think Wade is going to get the job done based on his past history and these draft picks?

2. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I voted no.

Wade will improve the defense.

However I still think Indy is the best horse in this race and won't bet against Peyton.

Which leaves us racing for a WC spot and there is no gaurantees there.

3. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

dude can run a defense and he is getting tools to wreck havoc, we just need this D to be respectable. i'm sure he can do that now

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I think Wade will do fine. I thought it before the draft. Not to stir the pot, it's not Wade at his current position I'm worried about.

5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Improvement, yes. Playoffs, no. That's not to say we won't be trending upward going into 2012. The youth on D will need a year under their belts, I think.

6. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I clicked yes because I'm sick.

Sick with optomism. Cursed optomism.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I said yes for two reasons. Wade's history is quick turnarounds on the defense before reality sets in. And, it's do or die for the Kubster this year. I think Kubiak will do whatever is necessary, including turning a blind eye to Wade and just turning him lose.

8. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

What the hell why not. Voted yes.

9. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

One thing Wade brings to our coaching staff that's been sorely missed...

A sense of humor.

10. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I think the defense will be better. The offense will be no better if they don't get another good wr. AJ great but no help therefore he can be semi shut down. KW no real threat. Good hands not good after the catch, no break away threat. Anderson not shifty enough after catch. Jones is unreliable and mental. DD are you serious. Unless they pu a 1b veteran wr in fa the improvement in defense will show just how poor our offense is. Part will be the players , most wil be coaching. Just when Texans thought they had their running game in order after Slaton's first year and it blew up on them the next year. I think we will see the same in the offense this year. Don't get me wrong I think they are very close offensively, but they will do nothing substantial to improve the offense. The coaching staff is too quick to think they are good in an area and stand pat. In reality they look good on the offense only because they are so BAD on defense. Kinda of like if you have a broken wrist but then have your other arm ripped off you forget about the broken wrist.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

I vote no because Kubiak will be fired after the first half of the season (if there is one) and Wade will take over head coaching. We've seen what a brilliant head coach he is.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Where's the Maybe seletion.

I think a lot of it comes down to what they do in FA , how well they can solve the personel issues caused by the switch to the 34 to go along with the lack of talent on the back end ....

Thus far they have drafted (IMO) -

A DE who will split time and play DT on passing downs.

A solid enough OLB who should start.

A CB who will likely contribute on ST and as a nickle back.

Still missing starters at FS and SS (or CB pending Quin's move to FS) and depth at OLB on the defensive side.

On offense , they need a better second option at WR and a FB .... possibly some depth top the tackle positions.

Lots of questions remain for our 2011 Texans .... if they actually have a season.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the Texans win 12 games this season pending Wade can put the defense in the middle of the pack. (even with what looks like a brutal schedule) Gary gets a contract extension .... like it or not.

13. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I think the Offense has a chance to be better in 2011 if we retain Leach. OD has healed more, and we get to try out our 2010 2nd round pick, if we sign a decent FA WR our Offense will be just fine!!!!

14. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

I voted a skeptical, but hopeful yes, I am not worried about our offense (sure, improvement would be nice but.....), even a marginal improvement on defense should do wonders for our team. Regardless of who we play.

Besides, Manning is getting up there, someones eventually going to dethrone them, MUCH better us than the Jags or God forbid the team I hate so much I wont even mention them.

15. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

If I clicked 'no', I would not be inclined to watch any games this year... or whenever we have games again. :)

16. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Yes. I think we win the division this year. Colts have a much tougher schedule too. AFC South champs = Texans

2slik4u likes this.
  17. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I agree 100% with you on what you said. I would like to add that the offensive coaching needs to look at last year and learn from it. My fear is that retaining Leach, signing a FA WR and better coaching on the offensive side may not happen.

I do think the defense will be better (not hard to do), but unless the offense improves also I do not think it will improve enough for us to make the playoffs.

No I don't want Wade as our new Head Coach. Interim fine.

18. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Even though Wade is obviously improving our defense with these picks, I think the biggest problem keeping the Texans out of the playoffs is the coaching from Kubiak. The cutesy things Kubiak likes to do on gameday, and the way he tries to "outsmart" opponents and not getting the team ready to play is still my biggest concern, even with a good draft so far.

19. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Steve Smith anyone???

Ocho Cinco???

I would LOVE either one.

20. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

I like this because optimism and good attitudes are few and far between on this board.

rep and agreed.