WAC expands with three schools

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Blake, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

The WAC said Thursday it was adding the University of Texas-San Antonio and Texas State to a football lineup that will lose the BCS-busting Broncos next year and key members Fresno State and Nevada Wolf Pack in 2012.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5792840

2. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Wow, UTSA hasn't even fielded a team and they're going to move up?!?! I guess its good for them and it might help in terms of recruiting. Sam goes for Texas State although I have my doubts if they can hang with other WAC colleges as most of TxSt recurits are smaller and not well known or highly recruited...meant no disrespect by this in anyway, just saying.

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Considering the quality of the schools in the WAC, I could see both Texas State and UTSA have okay seasons pretty quickly. UTSA has a quality coach in Larry Coker leading their program though. Not sure if Texas State is going to go in a different direction or not though. Maybe this will actually increase attendance of games here in San Marcos though because nobody (including me) really cares about the football team. I'll go to the games but I'm not a die-hard supporter of Bobcat football.

4. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

People cared when Nealy was running the team