VY Article

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texans_Chick, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

FWIW: Gotitans.com article

Basically, it is an interview with one of the writers for the Austin American Spaceman. They are going to do a series of articles featuring different players.

If you read the article, you will see a lot of the things we oft discuss here. I think it is a pretty fair assessment, though I am not so sure about the all or nothing success part. How the heck would anyone know? It would be hard to look at historical measures because VY is different.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Good article...

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Agreed. Great interview with someone who covers the Longhorns and is really familiar with them.

She gets asked about a lot of the knocks on VY and has good responses....stuff I haven't heard yet.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I would like to have seen that answer expounded upon. No in between? Why not?

5. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

Nice find...interesting inside perspective.

6. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Familiar, or too familiar? Objective, or biased?

Forgive me if I don't fall all over myself to agree with the opinions of an Austin sportswriter. Her reporting glows a little too much, to the point that it would make me question her writing regardless of who it was about.

I agree with parts of this article, but IMO, the writer did not objectively report on the facts. My views of Young's current skill set contradict hers. Parts are a question of semantics - e.g. "simplified" versus "customized" - while other things are incorrect no matter how they are written.

That said, we pretty much share the bottom line, however ... I still think Vince will a good NFL quarterback, and it will take time for him to become that.