Vote on who will be the starting #2 CB by the end of the season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Brisco_County, Aug 9, 2011.

?

Who will be the #2 starting CB before the end of the season?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2011.
  1. Brandon Harris

27.6%
  2. Kareem Jackson

19.7%
  3. Brice McCain

3.9%
  4. Sherrick McManis

2.6%
  5. Jason Allen

42.1%
  6. Roc Carmichael

3.9%
  1. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

My vote is for Brandon Harris. I think that sometime during the season he will have a breakout game.

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Brandon Harris, but don't know why I'm choosing him. Ha

3. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Yikes, i didn't read the entire thread title before I voted!
    I was voting for who I thought would be CB2 in the season opener...

4. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

I voted Allen because I know at some point he'll be #2 (due to experience) but I believe that Harris will also make a good push and may end the season in that spot too bad I can't vote for two people that will be #2 during the season.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Allen will be the starting two. Harris will be the nickel though and KJ will be pushed back to dime.

6. Rick_Moon

Rick_Moon Thank You

I voted for Brandon Harris. I'm not sold on Jason Allen, and I've yet to hear anything good about Kareem. It's a damn shame too, cause I was one of the people saying a new defensive staff would really turn his game around.

7. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Ooops.

I did the same thing.

I think Harris might be the starter by the end of the season. But I expect Allen to be the starter at the beginning of it.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I voted for Brice McCain.

I think it is a little premature to do a poll such as this, because there is really no way of telling.

It's just a popularity contest right now.

9. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

I think Jason Allen will start but by the end of the season I expect Brandon Harris to crack the starting lineup and become the #2 across from Joseph. Harris was one of my favorite CBs in college and I think he was a lot better than Kareem Jackson coming out of college based off of what I have seen.

Now, if we could get Harris to catch the balls instead of batting it away...

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Harris. I picked him for the draft and the fact he was passed over by Houston & then a trade back up in 2nd round to get him made my day. Guess I'll run eith that hoirse foir a while. The INT he got Monday was sweet showing good ball awareness & willingness to get on the ground for it.

11. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I voted for Carmichael as the dark horse in this race... :D

How can anyone vote for McCain? Explain yourselves!

12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I voted Kareem Jackson:bag: because I think he'll be pushed the most into that position and I'm hoping he succeeds. This is something I'll be paying VERY close attention to during the four preseason games.

Man, was this a GREAT draft or what!!? Going into the draft I felt like it was deeper than everyone gave it credit for. I truly feel like this draft could rival that of 2006's that gave us Mario, Demeco, Winston and OD. That's saying something about these guys. Watt - Reed combo there was my favorite outcome that could have happened. The fact we traded up back into the 2nd to get Brandon Harris was just icing on the cake. Holy moses I love those three picks. I think Harris can instantly come in and be a great nickle corner for us but it wouldn't suprise me if he takes over the #2 spot by the end of the season.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  13. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

:ohsnap:

Read fail here, my vote was for the opener.

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Well if the player you voted for is the starting #2 CB at anytime during the season, including the opener, then technically he was "by the end of the season". LOL :ahhaha:

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Enjoyed your post OMT. As I have posted, my time with the Texans had about played out and signing Wade Phillips was a hook. I liked Watt although I was hoping J Jones would slide. I never thought Reed would be there in second and Harris was my # 2. I sadly waved bye bye but was kicked in the pants stunned when Smith traded back into second. I was hopping around my place like Demi Moore had just called to invite me over for a quiet get together.

Rashad Carmichael was another pick as I was unaware of his pro day 40 at his school. This guy can be a future star.

Now my hopes turn to the DB coach.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  16. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

same. I picked jason allen, but i think KJ will end up being the #2 CB.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Agree'd we have very limited information to go on ..... Now if you ask again after pre-season .... We'll at least have those games to guage each by.

(I didnt vote).

18. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I would really like to cast a vote, but must abstain until I see me some pre-season football first. It will be more relevant prior to opener against the Colts w/without Manning?

19. Rey

Rey Guest

I think it'll be ja.

I just think that when he came in last year he added a stabilizing force to the d whereas Kareem mad it shaky.

Mixed with what I saw last year, and with the training camp reports I think it will end up being Allen. He has better field speed than Kareem and he also seems to have better ball skills.

Maybe with competent safety play and good coaching he will be able to better showcase his talents. Maybe bein surrounded by a log of talent will help. Maybe the light may have come on for him.

People disregard practice, but good players normally look good in practice and bad players often look bad. Kareem has skills, but it sounds like a lot of the same problems from last season are still lingering and he hasn't made plays in practice.

I haven't heard anything good about Kareem. Just bad stuff and meh.

Maybe by the end of pre-season be will look a lot more solid. We'll see.

20. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

It's really odd to hear (read) a guy who stressed "trusting his own eyes" to be swayed so easily by outside "information" as it tailors only to his POV; it's truly is (odd)!