Vonta Leach vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DocBar, Jan 16, 2012.

1. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

LINK
    gamecast
    Seriously???? The Ravens had a horrible offensive day, both in the air and on the ground, and PFF wants to post this tripe? This has to be a joke. The Texans got almost 50 yds more on the ground and no mention of Vickers? Eff PFF!!

2. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

I do not know what quarter it was, but there was a play where Ryans met Leach in the hole. Ryans planted Leach. Leach is still a beast though.

3. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

All I know is that when they needed Leach to be a battering ram on that 4th & goal on the one-foot line, he didn't come through.

'nuff said.

Showtime100 likes this.
  4. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

True dat! I hope Vickers and Casey develop with a full offseason and OTA's.

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Post of the day. :barman:

6. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

We shut their run game down, but I still love watching Leach play. Majority of the time, he totally takes a defender out of the play. Something I rarely see Casey or Vickers do. They mostly just get in the way.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Leach was awful in my opinion.
    Rice had 60 yards on a bunch of carries and they switched to Ricky Williams.
    Leach had multiple chances to plow a hole on goal to go from inside the 1 and couldn't do it

He even got the ball himself on the crucial 3rd and inches before they punted the ball to give us our final try and tying the game. He couldn't even get a yard

8. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Funny how he states that analysts pick and choose plays to build up certain guys. Leach gave up no pressures in pass pro. Grand, except that everyone else DID. How many times did Joe Flacco not only get sacked but literally had all 4, hands down, no zone/trick blitzes, ALL FOUR rushers on top of him to end the play? So your FB, the least important piece of pass pro was awesome. Awesome.

You don't need to tell us about Leach uncorking huge hits. We know. Except when he was busy delivering these masterful blocks...Ray Rice took enough advantage of them to get 2.9 yard per attempt. So great job Leach, you blocked one guy while the rest of the Texans D ate your offense for lunch.

No mention of the plays that he whiffed or especially when Demeco Ryans gave Vonta a lil' medicine at the goal line. Couldn't budge the Texans D at the goalline on any run play. Couldn't budge them to get a first down to end the game. Couldn't carry the ball for that first either. No catches either, to be expected from a hammer handed back.

HOW is THAT a good game for a 2 time pro bowler?

Because the Ravens defense picked up every bit of slack that Flacco, Rice, Boldin and Leach dropped?

I think I blew a bigger hole in this article than Leach did at any point in the game.