Vince Young wants to be a texan

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by thunderkyss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

He's been on NFLN all day, discussing the "perfect" spot for Tim Tebow...

Don't these guys know Vince is looking for a job?

2. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Man..dude must be desperate for a paycheque these days!

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Vince who?

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Sir, will you please get Americanized??? Check is check, not cheque!!! Damn you foreigners!!! :D

mattieuk and gg no re like this.
  5. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Haha - never!

Do you realize that with these 3 posts, we've probably discussed 'paychecks' (sic) for Vince more than his agent has for the past couple of weeks? ;)

6. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I am starting to wonder if he really is. He is fat and rich now, why does he need to play football?

7. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

I'm pretty surprised no-one has picked him up, plenty of QB needy teams around the league and Vince has a good record in win/loss terms.

He must not have a very good reference from the iggles, cos you'd assume that if he'd matured any they'd have been more than willing to let other teams know about it and help him out.

Is his career over?

8. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

I'm no Young fan, but he is by far a better QB than Tebow.

9. majestrate

majestrate All Pro

Remove "by far" and I'd agree with the statement.

But Tebow is a better player. He doesn't seem to give up, and he tries to inspires others to not give up. Well, except in their playoff loss.

I'm not sure V Young has the mental toughness for the game. It seems like he lets losing get to him, and cause him to throw in the towel.

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

People are going to want to shoot me for this but....here it goes:

Why don't we try to get him? We saw last year how important it is to have 3 QBs on the team. Now I doubt this happens to us twice in two seasons but every one on here has talked about Schaub's Lis Franc (sp) injury when it came to Manning and I know Vince is not Manning but don't we still have to think good backups at this point still?

I for one have always thought that Vince would thrive in this offense because of his ability to tuck and run and pick up first downs to keep the team on the field (something Schaub almost refuses to do). We also saw him show some flashes under Philly's WCO. Plus, Kubiak has done a pretty good job with QBs during his tenure.

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then.

My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Not according to the VY jockriders. They always say QB ratings, stats, etc don't count. It's what he does on the field that counts. All he does is win. Well Tebow "wins" more.

As of today Tebow led his team to a playoff victory. VY is winless in that the most important category.

12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Jacoby Jones would be a better QB than Tim Tebow.

13. chicagotexan2

Ok maybe not by far. But that's mostly because VY is not a very good qb, but Tebow is even worse than that. I think Tebow benefited much more from the play of his team the Young did.

14. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Tough for Vince?

How about tough for me?

I wanna be an NFL QB and my phone hasn't rung once. (And I'd never "dream team" my team.) :pissed:

15. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

[​IMG]

Same reason I don't want Tebow on this team, their rabidly loyal followers are an obnoxious distraction from the game. I don't want VY fanboys chanting his name during our home games after Schaub throws an INT. His risk/reward factor is a negative at this point, and he would be more of a detriment to the Texans and Cowboys (Texas teams) than anything else. No thanks, I'll take Yates over him any day of the week. However, I would love to see him on the Cowboys and watch Romo deal with the VY shenanigans.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    JB and majestrate like this.
  16. chicagotexan2

I don't think that even an offense that is tailor made for Young would do any good with him. I don't doubt his athletic ability. He is just plain soft and too immature to overcome any adversity on the field. If he could grow a pair and grow up he could salvage his career.

As for Tebow he's just a lousy QB. Converting from a QB to a FB, H-back or Tight End must be easier than converting from Christianity to Islam, Buddhism, Festivusism, etc...

17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Thanks Chicagotxn2 and Dutchrudder. I see your points and I thought about both of those. Trust me I could just see Schaub throw an INT and everyone start screaming for VY but I don't think it would be tough to establish Yates as the back up and treat VY like we did Matt Lienart. I'm just saying that VY wants to be on The Texans. How badly does he? That he would even be 3rd QB? Don't know but I do want players that want to be on our team. Just saying.

18. chicagotexan2

Yeah man I want the same thing but I've seen enough vys antics to know he doesnt have the mental fortitude. As a Houstonian I want him to succeed but I don't see it happening.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

If VY had the "right stuff" between the ears, his physical skills would certainly be wanted by many teams. The fact that his he's apparently got his head in the wrong place is directly related to the fact that he appears to be ignored by 32 teams right now.

I wish no ill will toward the guy. I'm way over all that crap from way back when.

20. majestrate

majestrate All Pro

I don't really understand how that would work, since Lienart was the backup, until Schaub went down and then he got the starting job.