Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 1

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Nighthawk, May 8, 2006.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

In memory of those of us who believed that VY should have been the Texans' first pick, I begin publication of The Vince Young Report.

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league. All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition, and expect VY to play sooner rather than later, something that some of us said over and over in the dry spell between the Rose Bowl and the draft.

The sense I get from the Titans' board is that VY looks like a "natural."

Amazing, huh? Who would have thought it?

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

we did friend, we did.

3. Mario Williams

Mario Williams Rookie

You're pathetic Nighthawk, you wanted basically anybody but Bush at the #1 spot just to spite the Bush fans and because you couldn't get Vince. Lamer.

4. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

First off you should post this in the NFL general section.

It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. I stand by thoughts that the Texans will regret not taking Vince. Now I can only hope that I was wrong and he busts out in the NFL.

5. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

I cant speak for him... I wanted vince 1, Anybody but Bush at 1a. Not to spite the bush fans, but because Reggie is going to be a colossal failure in my opinion. Bush fans should feel spited. I hear new orleans is looking for fans.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

We lost fans? I didn't even notice. Probably all those hard to find season ticket holders who cancelled their season tix.

7. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

We didn't lose fans, we lost "occasional supporters"

8. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

or bandwagon jumpers.

9. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

I hate the fact that they can go over to enemy territory so easily. I wouldn't mind had it been any other team, but there is no way in hell I will ever, and I mean ever wear much less buy a Titans jersey or support their team. Now that Young is on their team it's tragic, but he's dead to me. Until he leaves that team. We have a history here and what the Titans did to us is a dark time in our history. Those going over to the Titan boards showing them support aren't real Texans.

10. Hookem Horns

I doubt the Texans lost many diehards or season ticket holders however what you predicted in your Voice of the Fan a few months ago seems to be coming true. I am referring to the part about what would happen if the Texans passed on Vince and the Titans grabbed him. Things sure look like they are heading in that direction. It's a nightmare scenario that many of us foresaw. The only thing that will curtail it is if Vince is a bust and the Texans start winning. Let us pray.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Since you don't frequent the enemies' board, FYI, your avatar got an honorable mention on at the gotitans.com forum.

I'll never root for the Titans....... not being in our division...... oddly enough, I'll be rooting for Vince to do his part. Just because I like the kid, and I think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong.

I personally wanted anyone but Reggie with the first pick.... I ain't scurred to say it. All you "Bush Bowl" cheering......... hoping we loose out at the end of the year, can bite me......

I've always thought if we are going to waste(I said it, waste) a pick on a running back, when that was the strongest part of our team... We might as well waste it on a quarterback.

But I've recently registered at gotitans.com, jaguars.com/mb/, and Colts.com... I want to hear(read) what our enemies have to say. Overall, Jags & Colts fans understand exactly what we did..... Titan's and Saints(I've been on their forum since Joe Horn went to the ProBowl) don't get it...... but judging by their draft picks, I think that's understandable.

I think the Titans did great getting Vince... they need him. But Lendale White?? don't they have Travis Henry & Chris Brown?? They should've got them some help on that OLine..... Winston Justice, Eric Winston...... there was plenty of talent still on the board.

The Saints...... what a joke...... Reggie Bush...$9 million, Duece McAllister..... $7 million, Michael Bennett..... $2 million, Every body knowing N.O. is going to run the ball.............. priceless.

12. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think VY going to the Titans is the best thing to happen for us,especially after he went and run at the mouth about coming back here and beating up on those Texans. Hey bring it on baby!! This is what should have been anyway. That ol' lard ass Bud Adams and his powderblue boys ought to be our arch enemy. All VY did was pour gas on a fire that has been smoldering for 4 years. Outside of the Dallas Convicts i cannot think of a team I hate more.(maybe the steelers). So let the rivalry rear it's head and lets make Vy EAT HIS WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!:whip:

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I can't wait for the Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 2: VINCE MEETS MARIO

:popcorn:

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The pilgrimage that you speak of seems to be my fair-weathered compadres of the burnt orange persuasion. I checked in on the Titans board a couple of times and that's the impression I got. They probably went over from Hornfans. University Co-op (the place around town to get Longhorn Gear) is even selling VY Titans jerseys on its website now.

I don't think the Texans lost many fans over this draft, though. McClain said on 610 that not even 10 people cancelled season tickets.

15. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

Does anyone know how much Vince signed for and for how longn his contract is?

16. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

His contract hasn't been negotiated yet.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Far as I know, it's not done yet, not talked about....... won't be, until they straighten out that mess with McNair's contract.

18. Hookem Horns

Wow, I find that hard to believe. Not because of the whole Bush/Young thing either. After a 2-14 season and the amount of no shows last season I would have thought quite a few would have opted out. Honestly, I thought I was going to be one of those due to all the money I lost last year. I live in Austin and can't make every game. I couldn't even give away tickets last year not even literally in the parking lot. I guess most ended up like me, sucked it up and antied back up. Though I did sell 2 of my tickets this offseaon so I won't have to deal with it again during next season.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

If I had to guess, I'd say that Mario will be good and maybe very good this year, but not great yet, Bush will be great until he gets injured some time late next year, and Young won't even play much for a while at a all, except preseason of course. It's not going to be easy to see who was the best choice, especially if Carr comes around or we get a better QB some time in the future.

20. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

Glad you took up this unsavory task... I thought I was going to have to do it, but now I don't.

Did you see him on the highlight reel on NFL.com? Fisher ain't done nothing but talk him up... and now I am getting the feeling that maybe McNair is getting stingy to not only help himself get closer to a Super Bowl, but to also clear the path for an early Vince launch.

I will be really surprised if the Titans give in to temptation and play him more then a few snaps in garbage time this upcoming season.

So what I am getting at is that we most likely will already know how Bush/D'brickshaw/Mario are panning out before Vince takes the stage in earnest.

I can envision our second franchise making moment in 2007, if Mario sacks Young in Reliant Stadium. The house is going to erupt. I even wager that the noise would cause the sliding roof to get stuck for a week. It will go down in history like Miller scoring on Dallas.
    ----

That being said... I have to share a little dream I had a few months ago. I passed out from exhaustion that day, so in the dream everything was really vivid and in colour. I remember being really thirsty and starting to look for something to drink in a forest. There I got lost... and found by three black bears and they were hungry. Before long I was tree-ed and the bears making their way up the trunk to make me their lunch. I figured I could lick one bear, but three was a stretch. My odds of survival were slim.

Then out of nowhere Vince Young shows up and saves me!

Out of all of the people that could have showed up from my imagination, Vince Young was the one that did. It could have been Thor, Superman, Roosevelt, the Bum, Richard the Lionheart, Yi Sun-sin, or even Joan of Arc... but it wasn't... it was Vince Young.

The kid that can even tip the field in a forest of dreams.