Vince Young on PTI

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Vinny, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

He said he was undecided about coming out at this point and stated he isn't thinking about anything but playing for his teammates right now... he did not say he was staying like he stated earlier. They asked him point blank if he would like to play for Houston and said he would love it and would like to play here in his hometown.

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Great that he would love to play for the Texans, but IMO, he isn't what the teams needs at this point.

3. God of Wine

God of Wine Guest

I have been wondering what Reggie Bush would say if they asked him the same question.

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

I think that reggie would play here, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that will refuse to play for a team, but i don't know him so i could be wrong

5. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

"i dont have a choice" was one of his answers also when asked if he would like to come to the houston texans.

young isnt needed here IMO

6. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

The "I don't have a choice" was said after he was asked by Tony Kornheiser would he play for the Texans if his name was called on draft day by the Texans.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

That can be debated a great deal.

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

How sweet would it be if he did enter the draft there's no way we could pass up on him after all this is a business and nothing would sell more tickets than a M.vick type player hopefully only better.

9. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

YAY!!!!

:yahoo:

Too bad I missed PTI today. :(

10. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

He is what this team needs.......IMO:texflag:

11. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Vince Young is about the last person in college football that we would need right now, and we should not draft him unless he somehow drops to the 3rd round or below, which won't happen.

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Well we aren't going to be drafting him so this shouldn't even be a discussion. John Clayton tonight said on Sportscenter that Bob McNair has said that he is planning on exercising the $8 million option on Carr because there isn't a quarterback in the draft that has the passing and running abilities that David has. Clayton also said that Capers will most likely be fired for not utilizing David's skills.

I think they are going to sign Kubiak because he has experience using strong armed mobile quarterbacks and has had a lot of success with them.

13. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Yeah it will be hard to find another QB that has the running ablility to break a good pocket and then get sacked outside the pocket. And it will also be hard to find another QB that throws the 2 yard hitch as well as Carr...

14. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

David Carr does have the second highest rushing yards for a quarterback behind Michael Vick. There is also not much you can do when the plays called are short hitches and not moving the ball down the field. It is also hard to throw anything more than short hitches when you have to get rid of the ball in 1.3 seconds rather than 3. Like it or not, David Carr will be our quarterback for the next few years. Vince Young will not start his career as a Texan. It is not going to happen. Just because the guy is a good player, from Houston, and playing at UT does not make him a #1 overall pick. I have yet to see a mock draft where he is drafted over Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, or D'Brickinshaw Ferguson. He is good, but he is still a project. You don't draft a project at #1.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yeah, see the problem there is that your typical rookie QB doesn't have the "touch" to throw that 2 yard hitch and doesn't develop it until he's at least coming to the end of his second season.

16. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Since he's usually running for his life, I'm surprised that he doesn't have as many yards as LaDanian Tomlinson.:texflag:

17. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Thats what we said about Derrick Johnson last year. If Young comes out this year, we aim for Vick2 next year.

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

They were talking about Vince Young on 610 radio this morning and they all agreed that they didn't see Vince being picked in the top 10 this year. I'm not totally sure I agree with that, but I still see him as being the 3-5 QB taken in the draft so it just depends on what teams are looking for a QB and where their picks are at.

19. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

That's cause he had a bad game against A&M. Assume he wins the National Championship for Texas. Then let's see if he goes in the Top 10. I'm sure Arizona, Baltimore, and a lot of other teams would love to pass on a QB with his poise.

20. Blake

Blake MMQB

I dont think he is a lock for a top 10 pick. Here are the top 10 teams at this moment. I could see him going in the top 20.

1 Houston - Carr. They will look elsewhere.
    2 New York Jets - Pennington. They have so much money invested.
    3 San Francisco - Alex Smith
    4 Green Bay - Aaron Rogers
    5 Tennessee - Billy Volek.
    6 Arizona - Should jump up and take Matt Lienart.
    7 New Orleans - Brooks, and backing up brooks is Adrian McPherson.
    8 Baltimore - Possible QB pick.
    9 Miami - Possible QB pick.
    10 Buffalo - JP Losman

Also, Jay Cutler is looking great this year. He might end up being the 2nd QB taken.