Vince Young needs to be here

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Andevine, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Andevine

Andevine Guest

We need Vincent Young he is a leader we need a leader, Carr has had his chance, we have Davis who can rush for 1000 yards we don't need Bush besides what do you people think an NFL defense is going to do to him ??? The Longhorn defense stopped him and their defense was the toughest USC faced all season we do not need bush....we will get lineman we don't need to trade our # 1 pick for one that would be stupid, passing on Young would be like passing up Michael Jordan, he is going to be a supertstar, and it disgust me to think once again the Texans are going to disappoint me with draft...last year we could have had Derrick Johnson but NO we are stupid and passed him up .....this was a HUGE mistake.....hopefully we don't make another one this year......

2. Spoda

Spoda Veteran

we also need vince because think about how sweet it would be when he cures cancer while throwing a 99 yd touchdown pass to himself without being touched in a texans uniform...while lowering ticket prices and fixing the traffic problem....man that's gonna be sweet

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

texas a&m's defense stopped vince young. the 117th ranked defense in the country, in fact. and bush wasn't stopped by the longhorns. he had several huge plays and a TD. the fact that that performance is considering being "stopped" means the rest of his games must've been amazing

4. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Lets see:

No puncuation...check
    No capitalization...check
    VY man crush...check
    DJ reference...check
    Preceived lack of college football knowledge...check
    Inability to use the search function...check
    Join date Jan. 2006...check
    Post count of 1...check

Good, somebody who won't be here after April. Untill then...:brickwall

5. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

God I can't wait for the draft to come and go already! I am a longhorn fan, but all you VY supporters are making it hard for me to hope he has a good NFL career. No matter who we draft, unless he goes on to be the next coming of God himself, and VY has even a decent NFL career, we'll be hearing about it on these message boards forever! Also, all of you so-called "fans" that say if we don't draft VY your gone, we'll see ya! Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya! Make it that much easier for me to get tickets when I'm in town. For what it's worth, I'm in the win-win-win camp. I don't think we can go wrong here. Go Texans!:fans:

6. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I second that motion.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Just out of curiosity........... do you make these same replies in the pro Bush threads??

8. cap1

cap1 All Pro

Hoth, great response. I don't even know why I keep opening up these threads like this.

9. Spoda

Spoda Veteran

i just open them to see what great feat vince has accomplished...i heard he was cloning himself so he could play LT for us

10. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

you also forgot.....join date=january 2006....check.
    post count=1 check.

and on a side note, vince young can still eat a rubix cube and poop it out solved

11. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Key difference being we are still seeing an average of three new draft Young threads per day, most of them similarly poorly written and offering just about nothing new or of substance to the reader but a pair of crossed eyes by the time he/she has finished traversing so many sentences without the presence of a single period.

I hated the BUSH IS DA MAN!! x 10 / day disease when it infested this board as well. It's just that now, we have rid ourselves of one just to be hit by another strain.

12. Errant Hothy

Damnit, I knew I missed something.

Time to edit.

13. cap1

cap1 All Pro

Could not have said it better myself.

We should make a betting pool for what the next new big thing or player will be on here.

14. eclem5

eclem5 Rookie

You know you can post and talk for a hundred years and say things that do not make sense, i.e. (in example) Some QB's have been around forever and still suck others may come in a year or two and accomplish more.

Now I just proved a point with flawed logic but you did follow it?

15. THETRUTH

THETRUTH Rookie

CAR YDS AVG TD LG
    Vince Young
    19 200 10.5 3 45
    Reggie Bush
    13 82 6.3 1 26

So I guess vince must be a monster compared to Bush. Stats are just that stats. You can not measure HEART. Vince has it and some don't.

16. Errant Hothy

Yes I did. My repsonse might seem a bit harsh, and I'll never discredit what anybody has to say. Wether it be thier first post of the 12546541 post; but when people join this board, and post poorly written (which are a ***** to read) and highly repetative posts I will bring to their attention; hoping to improve the community as a whole. The harshness comes from seeing the opening. post about a 100 or so times since the Rose Bowl

There are several posts that already state what the thread starter stated, he/she simply could have replied in one of them that he/she agrees. Which is how this place is supposed to work. The flood of "VY is teh best ever" threads HAS gotten old, espically those that don't offer anything new to the conversation.

You follow?

17. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

young was horrible against a&m. you didn't watch the game? he was sulking on the sidelines during the game. that pretty much lost him the heisman. he got pressured, he made bad decisions, he did enough to lose the game. a blocked punt won the game for texas. what "heart" are you referring to? and what does that have to do with anything? that game is just a tremendous example of the true value of young, which is that they can still win even in his worst of games

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I was a VY fan and UT untill all of this started, but this crap about drafting Young or else has succeeded in totally alienating me on him and the Longhorns. I mean, I'm left with the impression if the the Texans don't
    draft Young (and they aren't going to because the owner and new HC have
    made both their desire and plans to keep Carr very clear ), all the Longhorn
    faithful would do anything they could to somehow torpedo the Texans season.

19. THETRUTH

THETRUTH Rookie

1.The Flu stopped Vince not A&M.

2. 40-29 one punt block?

3. You can not measure an athlete by one poor performance many great qb's have had a bad game.

4. lets be real if USC played in the SEC reggie bush would have a few bad games!

I guess the real question is who will be the better fit for this team because they have all lost confidence in D Carr.

20. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

See Jerek's reply, pretty muched sumed up what I was feeling. But I see what your saying. I would prefer to have Bush over Young. Or trade the pick for that matter. Just think it would help us win faster and I'm all for that.