Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vince Young just moved to Houston

ReggieBushFan

Practice Squad
I don't know if this means he is coming to the Texans or not, but I just find it interesting that he just signed a lease, the place he got runs for just over $2000 a month. I know his family lives here, but he could always stay with them or stay at his place in Austin if he was just working out for the NFL, something tells me the Texans are going to take him, I don't think this is circumstancial, but I guess we will soon find out

AustinJB

Rookie
ReggieBushFan said:
I don't know if this means he is coming to the Texans or not, but I just find it interesting that he just signed a lease, the place he got runs for just over $2000 a month. I know his family lives here, but he could always stay with them or stay at his place in Austin if he was just working out for the NFL, something tells me the Texans are going to take him, I don't think this is circumstancial, but I guess we will soon find out
Whooo-hooooo!!! Hope lives!!!:yahoo: :yahoo:

No, I don't know if this necessarily means anything either, but it could.:) Now if Carr puts his house up for sale....That would mean something is going on. LOL!

I Dont See much in to it now if he bought a 2 million dollar house then may be but hell 2000 dollars he could make that pan handling on richmond or westheimer.

chuckm

Veteran
Napa Auto Parts said:
I Dont See much in to it now if he bought a 2 million dollar house then may be but hell 2000 dollars he could make that pan handling on richmond or westheimer.

I rarely, if ever, agree with anything you write but with this I completely agree ..... except the panhandling part

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
ReggieBushFan said:
Vince Young could lease a spot on the moon and the Texans might still draft him. Vince Young could buy up a block in Houston and the Texans might still pass on him.

No way, no how, not by any longest of long shots, have the Texans privately told Vince they intend to draft him. They will not make that decision either way until well after the combine, when they have the most complete information available to them, and have entertained every last trade offer, signing scenario, etc.

TheOgre

All Pro
I don't think this was reflecting negatively on Young at all. I think he was questioning the competency of Young's mentors/managers. I actually think the guy made some valid points. There is no reason for Young to risk doing anything that could negatively reflect upon his skills.

MorKnolle

All Pro
Vince is also from Houston and his family is here. I don't know what part of Houston he's from but he could very well be finding a place for his family to upgrade their living accommodations. If he was convinced he was staying here I would think he'd be looking at buying a house, not renting an apartment.

W

whiskeyrbl

The other night on his interview he said no matter where he ends up going,Houston is his home and is where he will live so he can help people in Houston with charities and stuff.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
No state income tax reasons??? Dumping his stuff off at his folks house is probably not enough to establish residency probably.

Though I have to say I wouldn't mind his second residence being in the film room deep in Reliant for most of the year. :cool:

Scooter

Funky
Big B Texan Fan said:
Who's Brian Fontana?

Quarterback Watch! The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh...Yang...uh...Young is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that. He's a live quarterback, he will literally rip your face off.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
A lot of professional athletes who don't play for Houston teams have houses in Houston. They make a lot of money and Texas has no state income tax. Those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I wouldn't read into this too much.

MorKnolle said:
Vince is also from Houston and his family is here. I don't know what part of Houston he's from but he could very well be finding a place for his family to upgrade their living accommodations. If he was convinced he was staying here I would think he'd be looking at buying a house, not renting an apartment.
Could be looking into having a house built thus renting an apt. makes sense. By no way, shape, form, or fashion am I implying that because of that he's coming here, I strongly believe if he wound up in Buffalo he'd still live here.

Texans86

Rookie
Houston is that 4th largest city in the US, and happens to house many famous athletes. We have world class facilities and housing cost is extremely low compared to any other major city. Add that to the fact that he has family that lives here, and he loves his family means that he will probably live here at least part of the year. Young will be a top 10 pick this year, and because of that he will have enough money to have extremely larges houses in five or six cities if he so chooses. The mere fact that he has an apt has very little effect on the Texans. Obviously he can't be sure where he will end up for sure until the end of April, so why not get a place to live close to home?

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
Scooter said:

Quarterback Watch! The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh...Yang...uh...Young is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that. He's a live quarterback, he will literally rip your face off.
Nice. 40% of the time it works all the time.

Huge

All Pro
How did you find this out?

And I wouldn't say he "just moved to Houston". He's from Houston. He went away for college and is now done with that. Why is it so abnormal that he would return home? If he was broke, then I could see him moving in with mom. But paying $2K a month for rent is hardly a sign he's headed for the Texans roster.