Vince Young in TN

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Titan "Tack" Fan, Jun 23, 2006.

?

What do you wish upon Vince Young's career as a Titan?

1. I wish him a prosperous career

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. I wish him a career of mediocrity

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. I wish him a career similar to that of Ryan Leaf

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. I am impartial completely

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Out of curiosity, which of you wishes Vince Young well and which of you guys wishes him a bad career?

Tell why you voted the way you did....is it spite for the Texans not drafting him? Do you hate his playing style and think he's overrated? or Do you think he's the best thing since sliced bread? etc. etc. etc.

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I personally wish him a good career. He has obstacles to overcome, considering he lost the chance to be mentored by Steve McNair... which I think would have helped him tremendously. On the other hand... the better he does, the harder it is for us Texans to take him down.... so it's hard to want him to do well. Other than that... I think so long as he keeps his head down when he runs and he considers losing the "one-progression" UT offensive mindset, then he will do well in the NFL. If he does not, he will be in a hospital very soon, and no one wishes for him to be injuried.

3. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Take away the fact that I am a Titans fan, before we drafted him:

I think he's going to be a superstar as well. I've LOVED this guy since I first watched him 2 years ago (and I'm an LSU fan). I think he has so much more potential than Mike Vick ever had (although I hate when people compare the two).

Plus, I don't think I could ever cheer for Matt Leinart. That guy is a bummmm.:baby:

4. dannyboy

dannyboy Rookie

The Titans are my second favorite squad and I think Vince will be the real deal. The ideal season for me would be the Texans going 16-0 and winning the super bowl with the Titans going 14-2 and losing the AFC championship game.

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I'll always be a Vince fan.

He's a great kid and I like the fact that he's close to his family.

And of course there is that national championship.

6. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I wish him NOTHING but the best and I hope he has a propserous career. That says I hope he loses to the Texans every time he faces us. But I agree with Vinny, I see something very special there.

swtbound07 likes this.
  7. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

couldn't care less

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

What I think will happen and what I hope happens are two different things.

I think Young will be a superstar. Dude appears to have the talent and drive to make it happen.

I hope he has a career of mediocrity, but that's just because he's a Tennessee Titan.

9. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

I am impartial completely

10. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

I think he is a special player. I hope he has a great career as long as we can add "Never beat the Texans" to his stat sheet.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wished him a career similar to that of Ryan Leaf.

Keep in mind that I wish every player wearing a Titans, Colts, or Jaguars uniform a similar fate. I don't stay up nights obsessing over some kind of "Vince hate" however. It's nothing personal. I just don't want to see a powerhouse team in the AFC South unless it's the Texans. I can't hardly wait to see Peyton (along with the rest of the Colts offense) come down to earth and hopefully stay there. Likewise I hope we've seen the best Byron has to offer over in Jacksonville.

12. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

I hope Vince does well.

I hope that he does so well that he demands Peyton money. This will take care of the Titan problem. And then a nice NFC team will pick him up. Maybe the Redskins or perhaps the Panthers, but Lord O mighty not the Cowboys... OOoo. Just go play somewhere else.

Like Detroit. That would be nice because that's were Bobby Layne showed up 50 years ago and it was consequently the last time that they ever won anything.

That would be the most awesome story ever... I bet even Darrell Royal would cry. ( actually make that twice )

Replace Bulldogs with Titans .... and we have a new goal.

http://info.detnews.com/history/story/index.cfm?id=86&category=sports

Vincent Young, Bobby Layne.

13. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

I wish him the best of luck this guy has got amazing skills and will be something special in the nfl

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I voted that I wish Vince all the luck in the world... I wish that he shuts up all these "experts" again....

But I'll never root for him..... I'll hope he does well, and I rallied for the Texans to draft him... I hope he throws for 700 yards a game, but I'll be rooting against the Titans 16 out of 16 games.... heck, I'll be rooting against you in the preseason.

I hope Vince becomes the next Randle Cunningham, Dan Faust, Dan Marino, Steve McNair...... you can't deny his greatness...... he just never had the surrounding talent he needed.....

That is of course unless he ever get's traded to the NFC........ Then I'll root for what ever team that he is on, to go to the SuperBowl every year....... be it Detroit or Dallas.

15. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

Who are you talking about? Fouts? or Cunningham? Cunningham got his day in the sun, but it wasn't talent so much as he couldn't stay NFL healthy. He had a bazooka of an arm. I saw him throw a level tight spiral nearly 70 yards once. It made me blink and check to see if I was drinking too much.

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i dont care what team vince plays for, it comes down to that he got UT the ship, so and he did so much for UT, so all the best to him

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm generalizing about all of them....

18. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Worse than Ryan Leaf.

Come on people, he's a Titan! Remember them? Our division rival!:challenge

Maybe I just take this football thing to seriously.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I am wishing him the best of luck.It only makes the NFL more exciting. Now I want Vince to tear up the league, yet stink against us :heh:

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will be a fan of VY in the NFL, but the line is drawn in the sand when the Texans are his opponent. At that moment it becomes by any means necessary and anything that happens to VY during those two meetings every year is part of the game.