Vince Young for Texans qb!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by LongBignasty1, Apr 22, 2006.

1. LongBignasty1

LongBignasty1 Veteran

Just want to remind everyone that VY is my pick for Texans first round.
    Watch the videos again (rose bowl 2004$2005) to refresh your minds on the possibility of having VY!

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I'm anxious and excited to see where VY goes in the Draft. IMO, like many others I would expect him to be a project to some degree initially, but his potential over the long-term should be extraorinary. Good luck Vince, do you home town proud, we know you will and we'll all be pulling for you !

4. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Then you can look forward to your disappointment come next Saturday when Bush is already signed before he's selected.

5. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yeah watch the videos of him running around and throwing short passes in a zone-read offense. exciting.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

50 points a game isn't enough for you guys....perhaps he should have averaged 100. That may be considered exciting to you guys...but I doubt it.

7. Trenches

Trenches Veteran

I didnt go to UT nor am I anti Vince Young.

I have no idea why some people still hang on to this idea that we will take him.

1.We just committed to our QB David Carr. You dont pay a guy that much money and then draft another guy and pay him almost as much to ride the pine behind him.

2. He is not going to play for at least one, if not three years. McNair needs to get people in the stadium and excited. Nobody is going just to see VY holding a clipboard.

3. I'm sure the Texans have seen the same thing in VY that a lot of other teams have. He has warts. Too many to invest this type of pick in. There is a chance he falls out of the top 5 and even top 10. Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers last year.

8. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yes, bj symons put up a lot of points as well.

9. Vinny

To me, it looks like the thread starter is saying that "he" would take VY...I don't see him predicting the Texans are going to take him.

10. Vinny

yeah, so did Timmy Chang...your posting style is cute to some I guess....but to me you don't look too sharp.

11. Trenches

Trenches Veteran

whatever happend to BJ Symons?

12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Vinny, do you think that in order for Vince to be effective in the NFL, he would need the 'zone read' system?

13. Vinny

no. He has more upside than Steve McNair coming out of little Alcorn State, and they ran an offense that people laughed at when Steve made the move to the NFL.

14. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Yeah, I agree Vinny that if Young is brought along as slowly as McNair was he has the potential to have greater success. He is still not a number 1 overall pick talent, but from watching him I say he is now a first round talent which is much higher than I thought he would be.

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

young is a system QB, that's all i'm saying. :redtowel:
    it was a passing offense at alcorn state, and from what i understand, it's similar to what all the MAC QB's run.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Does anyone know when the NFL draft is?

17. Vinny

You didn't say that at first....You only said he wasn't running an exciting offense. That is what I took to task.

Steve played in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (far cry from the mac) and they ran an offense that most decribed as "drawing plays in the dirt"....I was working for Bud Adams back then and heard that he was too stupid to play QB at the next level over and over that year leading up to the draft. Seems familiar to what I see when it comes to VY.

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i've never found quarterbacks running a lot to be exciting. i always chuckle when someone says vick is the most exciting player in the NFL.

19. Vinny

ok, then you should love David Carr....we didn't have a lead till week 8. It's just ignorant to claim an offense that is blowing people out each week to be worthless....that is the point of all this you know. Football is unlike Golf...you try to outscore your opponent - most people find that kind of stuff exciting in an offense. I always chuckle when people just throw out silly hatred filled posts without foundation myself.

20. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

system QB's aren't first rounder in my book. that's all it is. he could develop fine, but he's not worth the risk of drafting in the first round. i said the same thing of alex smith last year.