Vince Young does not rule ass

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by AlbinoRat, Nov 20, 2006.

1. AlbinoRat

AlbinoRat Veteran

for those of you who havent realized it yet, i dont like VY

Carr (yes thats right David Carr) has outperformed him bigtime.
    David Garrard the bench guy has done better
    Even the 80 year old Brett Farve has done better

also for those who compared his running style to mike vick
    young-225 yards
    vick-704 yards, and has also out passed him

sorry, my friend used to be all about vince young, now im weening him off. I never really thought id say this but i hope he doesnt succeed in the nfl, because he is so overrated.

by the way if you want a laugh, go to youtube.com and search "vince young mack brown" and click on the love affair one. It's really funny, even you longhorn fans will giggle. thanks for letting me rant

2. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

his stats arent too impresive, but since he has taken over, they have beaten the Skins, played the Colts to 1 point on the road, beat us (although that was because of turnovers, he only had 80 passing yards), played the Ravens to 1 point and beat the Eagles. They were winless before he started. There has to be some corolation there.

3. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Great Post but you do know that vince has led the titans to as many wins as us *oh and he Owned us* oh let me remind you at this point in the year last year vince was still playing college football post this thread in 4 or 5 years.

this is such a stupid thread how many game has vince started not even a full season yet:thumbdown :rofl: im suprised the mods havent deleted it yet lol:lightbulb:

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Vince Young hasn't even played a full season yet so to say he sucks is kind of dumb. Almost all rookie QB's "suck" if they're thrown right into the fire. Peyton Manning wasn't that good. Carr wasn't very good. Alex Smith wasn't very good last season. Ben Rothliesberger was an aberration, not the norm. Rookie QB's are going to have their struggles. You have to give him more than half a season to prove himself. I'm not the biggest VY fan, but saying he sucks doesn't have much of an argument to it.

5. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Being a rookie doesn't explain his crappy performance in the combine. Let's face it, VY got drafted so high for two reasons. 1) He has an excellent manager who praised him as the next Mike Vick but better, 2) He was on the other side of the ball from Reggie Bush.

6. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Oh, so his 4.58 40 means he's too slow? Seriously, give me a break..

7. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I can't even take the O.P. seriously. He's comparing VY to Brett Favre? Are you kidding me? You're telling me Vince Young should come into this league as a should be Senior in college and dominate?

He hasn't been impressive in every game but last week against Baltimore he was incredible.

BTW, good post Run-David-Run

8. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Yeah, and that's the defining stat for a QB. :sarcasm: 4.58 40 impresses me as a WR.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

That is a statment that I don't understand. Vince didn't play well and yet the Titan team beat us (actually we beat ourselves).

No doubt Vince is a leader but there are 3 phases in a football game.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

He has beaten TEAMS ...wow, why have the other guys on the Titans with him then?.. just let Vince run around and he can take them all on
    :superman:

11. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

young has been great this year. i'm impressed with a rookie playing as well as he has.

12. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Hilarious. Weren't you in another thread whining about giving Carr a supporting cast even though his is arguably better than what Vince has?

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Just goes to show you that people who support Carr will go to no end to snicker at others. Other Carr supporters have gone after AJ and Demeco and here we have someone going after Vince Young. Very sad and makes me ponder was it Bud Adams or the city of Houston that was the catalyst for the Oilers leaving.

14. QB75

QB75 Veteran

I hated Vince Young at first, but after review I think he is much better quarterback than David Carr is. He has beaten teams that we couldn't. He has thrown more touchdown passes than Carr this season. Don't get your panties in a tight wad because vince young is better.

Nah, Vince Young isn't better than Carr. Not now, and probably not ever. So far he's just adequate. Sorry.

15. real

real Guest

tsk tsk....

How about we actually watch football, and not a stat sheet....

If you haven't seem him play this year then you wouldn't be able to tell how well he's played considering his circumstances...

If you have seen him play then you just can't recognize a rookie playing well...

16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

No doubt.

He is way better decoy than Reggie Bush, that much is for sure.

Watch a Titans game. You will see.

Every time he hands off to Travis Henry but then runs a bootleg like he still has the ball every LB on the field goes right after him, which frees up holes in the middle for Henry.

The Titans running game averaged 67 yds per game with Collins.

It averages over 150 yds per game with Young.

Sure, you lose passing yds with Vince but you have to be able to run the ball to win.

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

weening. Lol. don't use words when you can't spell them.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Vince Young will be a beast of an NFL QB by his fifth year. I can only hope that we have a good team by then, or he will own us.

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The same way some people hate Adams for leaving the Oilers, I dislike VY for leaving UT. He had a good thing going. Oh well.

20. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

JMO....I don't think anyone on a message board has any business saying that any NFL or college player sucks.

To say a team sucks is all right.

These guys that make at least $260,000 a year doing something that we all wish we could. What the hell makes us so great that we can say that they suck?