Vince Young – Back in the Saddle Again!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by MojoMan, Nov 8, 2009.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

Vince Young is now 2-0 since regaining his position as the starting QB for the Tennessee Titans.

11/1 - Tennessee 30, Jacksonville 13
    11/8 - Tennessee 34, @San Francisco 27

Just saying. It is hard to argue with the results. The Titans were 0-6 before Vince Young's return. Now they are 2-6.

Could the Titans be gearing up for a late season run led by Vince Young?

Also, here is an appropriate musical accompaniment to this thread for those of you who think you might enjoy it:

Aerosmith-Back in the Saddle (Again)
    _

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

the niners board imploded... screw vince young

Dread-Head likes this.
  3. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

He doesn't look too good, rarely has good stats however they just find ways to win when he is in there. I am not even saying he is the one responsible for the winning however whatever it is they play better when he plays. Fisher is looking like a tool about now.

Of course I still hate the Titans but I am going to stop dissing on the guy until he proves otherwise.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

And they were 13-3 without him last year. Which results point to him being a good QB again?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

The 0-6 record under Kerry Collins before he returned (Collins was the QB for the Titans during the 13-3 season you mentioned).

And the 2-0 record after he returned.

I know that it is only two games. But 2-0 is quite a contrast to 0-6.

Seriously, this could be something to keep an eye on. This is Vince's opportunity to set the record straight with all the nay-sayers, and also to turn his NFL career around.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Houston better win that MNF game or this city will burn to the ground.

7. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

lol

8. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

This is what I essentially said on our board. Fisher made this move 2 games too late, when the season was still salvagable. Now he looks like he's lost all decisionmaking power after having Bud dictate who starts. I don't give Fisher an ounce of credit for these two wins; they belong to a team that decided it had been humiliated enough for one season.

If anything, I'd bet anything Collins would still be starting if it had been up to Fisher. I'm no VY mark, but I'm strongly starting to believe Fisher is part of the reason VY regressed so much.

9. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Fisher was going to look bad either way this went down. If VY fails then Fisher is the owner's lackey doing his bidding. If VY succeeds (which he is) then Fisher looks like a tool for not playing VY earlier.

VY is a long way from recovery, but the dude didn't forget to play football. He just needs to get some things right in his life and show even more dedication. I have always been a VY supporter but not so naive to think he is a great QB or that he is without fault or mistake.

When Haynesworth left Tenn, he had nothing but the highest praise for Vince and said that Vince was a special QB and that he is a franchise QB, but that he would never do it in Tennessee with Fisher. He said that Fisher has a problem with Vince, and it would be best for Vince to just leave when he is offered the opportunity...and he will be.

At the end of the day, Titan's defense and offense under Vince have rallied around their owner's critical comments and demand for Vince to get in the game. Props to the Tits but 2-6 still sucks and this whole Vince thing is going to get complicated in the offseason, especially if he continues to play and the Titans continue to win. Bud would almost have to consider hte pickup of the roster bonus/balloon salary = 14.5million.

10. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

You are probably right, metaphorically speaking, with regard to the Texan fans that trace their allegiance back to the "Luv Ya Blue" days. Disappointment and heartache have a lot of historical signficance.

There only so many times you can kicked in the gut when you are so close to getting over the hump. Hopefully, Kubiak understands that.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

4 turnovers by Alex Smith. Funny I didn't see VY involved in any of those plays.

12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

All the signs are still there that this guy will never measure up to the pre-draft hype.
    Vince's problem is between his ears. I don't see that anything's changed yet.

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

And I will pour the gasoline and light the f'king match.

I'm curious to how he performs when the Chris Johnson running show is not working.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

The Titans host the Bills next Sunday, and then the following week is the Monday night game against the Texans.

15. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

mario'd better go out there with something to prove. i'm sure he's been itching to drop vince since he eluded williams on the way to scoring that game winning td.

16. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

Maybe not, but Alex was doing his best VY impersonation so VY was sort of involved.

17. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

more proof that he just wins games

18. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl.

19. Spled

Spled All Pro

Say what you will, Vince has a knack for pulling out close games.

20. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Actually, the people around him are pulling out games. At least that is what has happened the last 2 weeks. However the bottom line is they have won with him in there and they weren't doing that with KC. So interpret that as you may.